Team Photograph With Cup

El Grew

Not to say there wasn't anything else, but again for a proper "players in kit with the trophy in front of them team photo" short of the Final itself the only one I can recollect would be that team photo for the following season.

I actually wonder on how many occasions they would all have been together after the Final to take something akin to the 1952 photo you refer to. There would have been the open top bus parade and I have sketchy recollections of a civic reception being put on by the council for the club at some point but one or two moved on fairly quickly or acrimoniously, not to mention availability of some through injury so I don't think there would have been that many opportunities to get such a shot.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Apart from the pre season 92-93 squad picture I don’t recall seeing a formal picture of the cup final winning team with the cup.  If anyone finds one I would love to see it.

No, I've never seen one. Bearing in mind Maxwell was taken to hospital right after that picture was taken on the pitch. Think he had a ruptured/damaged spleen if not cracked ribs.

Did he ever play for us again? New contract talks for him broke down and he left. Think him and Tommy fell out perhaps.

Aye remember front page of next day's Sunday Mail with him in hospital bed with headline "MY HERO" with his Mrs there.

Such was the distance from the terracing behind the goal where I was when Malpas hit that shot at the end of extra time, I had no idea if it hit the bar or did Maxwell save it!