Celtic Man of the Match (Scottish Cup Final)

Andy_P

Celtic Man of the Match  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Celtic Man of the Match

• Trevor Carson
    • Chris Cadden
    • Richard Tait
    • Tom Aldred
    • Cédric Kipré
    • Charles Dunne
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Carl McHugh
    • Curtis Main
    • Allan Campbell
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Elliott Frear
    • Null Vote

I'm discounting Bigi as the game was gone by the time he came on. Even then I can still acknowledge he did spray the ball about well and showed a bit of composure others were lacking, but you got the feeling Celtic had several gears to  move up if they needed to. 

Personally I though Bowman was  our best player. He showed some neat touches and linked up well. Usually made the most of his time on the ball and never stopped running all afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gullane said:

Was it the big Hampden pitch or the need to change or system? Whatever, Bigi played his best performance all season. This is the quality we have lacked in midfield.

The big Hampden pitch is virtually the same size as Fir Park. Same width, 5 yards longer.

Campbell and bowman worked  hard and did well yesterday and I appreciate the game may have been gone by half time but the game only came to life for me was when Bigi came on. I thought he was excellent and controlled the midfield. He’s a talented wee guy who probably hasn’t had enough chances this year.

• Like 1

Campbell for me. Was the only player first half harrying and snapping into tackles the way I had hoped the whole team would.

Thought Bowman played well. Had 3/4 fantastic take downs from the long ball to get it under control and drag us up the pitch.

Bigi did play well when he came on and if that free kick had gone in he might have edged it but just wasnt on long enough for me.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Campbell for me. Was the only player first half harrying and snapping into tackles the way I had hoped the whole team would.

Thought Bowman played well. Had 3/4 fantastic take downs from the long ball to get it under control and drag us up the pitch.

Bigi did play well when he came on and if that free kick had gone in he might have edged it but just wasnt on long enough for me.

Bowman's early jump seemed to work on Saturday, won a few headers

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Bowman's early jump seemed to work on Saturday, won a few headers

He also had 3/4 sublime first touches when the ball came at him out of the sky and he took it right in his stride. Unfortunately none of these came to anything but it did allow us to get further up the pitch and alleviate some of the pressure we were under. The big man puts in a power of work. Just a shame he does all his best work outside the box.