The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Cerny would have been a decent option. I have always thought that he was a better than average goalie at SPL level.

I am sure that the time wasting could have been coached out of him.

Whoever replaces Trevor will have a difficult job. He will be a tough act to follow.

Ciftci will be a divisive signing if he joins permanently. There were brief glimpses during his loan spell that hinted at what he could offer. But those glimpses were all too brief and rare. I know he had injury issues but the fact in a game as big as the Scottish Cup semi-final, he was on the bench behind Bowman and Main doesn't suggest a player that could make a difference in the big games. I'd imagine that the wages he would be looking for, we'd want someone who would be a key player for that money. 

At the moment, I'm undecided...

Imo it all depends if he fits into our wage bracket end of . If he is willing to play for us and accepts what we can offer then I would like to see him at Fir Park as certainly has skills none of our other strikers have . In regards to cup semi he was just back from injury so that’s why never started as not fit .

Based on what I seen Ciftci do in a Motherwell shirt I don’t think he contributed enough to deserve a permanent deal. I don’t actually think he contributed anymore than Faddy did in his last season!

At Utd he was sensational at times so you kept hoping he might get there eventually. I don’t know.... if we can get him for a year on a wage that doesn’t break what we pay then hopefully after a good pre-season he could be the X factor that gives us an edge.

Apart from his injuries, one of Cifti's issue was that he needed someone to play off that made use of his footballing brain. Tanner looked like he might be that guy before his lay off.  

I'm sure he'll get a few more lucrative offers than ours, but I'd be happy to see what he could do for us.  We got more value for money from Nadir than we did from Newall.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Apart from his injuries, one of Cifti's issue was that he needed someone to play off that made use of his footballing brain. Tanner looked like he might be that guy before his lay off.  

I'm sure he'll get a few more lucrative offers than ours, but I'd be happy to see what he could do for us.  We got more value for money from Nadir than we did from Newall.

I remember all this 'football brain' patter when Alan Gow was pretending to play for  us

17 hours ago, The African said:

Cerny would have been a decent option. I have always thought that he was a better than average goalie at SPL level.

I am sure that the time wasting could have been coached out of him.

Whoever replaces Trevor will have a difficult job. He will be a tough act to follow.

A better than average goalie..from a team that got relegated by shipping 4 goals to the lower league team, and who finished with probably the worst goals against total in the league...okay. 

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I remember all this 'football brain' patter when Alan Gow was pretending to play for  us

And there were people that tried to convince me Bob Malcom was a footballer immediately after he signed.

That doesn't alter the fact that we are lacking guile and creativity in the current squad and if we want to improve next season we'll need a bit more quality.

38 minutes ago, weeyin said:

And there were people that tried to convince me Bob Malcom was a footballer immediately after he signed.

That doesn't alter the fact that we are lacking guile and creativity in the current squad and if we want to improve next season we'll need a bit more quality.

Not quite sure what Brigton Boab has to do with anything.

Agreed on the second part, but im not sure Ciftci is the man

I would rather we signed a striker with a bit of pace and a creative central midfielder that could play beside campbell rather than taking a gamble on ciftci being the creative one in the final third.