The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

32 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Not for me i’m afraid, I would rather we spend what would be very hefty wages on someone who would play every week.

I am convinced that ciftci has the talent to be a very good player, if it's the Dundee united version that turns up, but for whatever reason he has not shown it since then, he always looks disinterested and slow and to be honest contributed next to nothing since we signed him.

Is he worth a punt, not for me, the money could be better spent elsewhere

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I am convinced that ciftci has the talent to be a very good player, if it's the Dundee united version that turns up, but for whatever reason he has not shown it since then, he always looks disinterested and slow and to be honest contributed next to nothing since we signed him.

Is he worth a punt, not for me, the money could be better spent elsewhere

Agreed in every respect

See previous threads on the same subject matter as to why I'd have him in a heartbeat.

But seeing that potential he showed against Hamilton, throw in the knowledge he wasn't anywhere near fit, barely played for months before coming to us, didn't have anything much of a pre-season to build a core level of fitness on, aren't people, even remotely intrigued to see what he could do with a full Stephen Robinson style pre-season behind him?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Depends on the massive cut in wages he would have to take....could be many clubs also wanting to take the gamble

he is at a cross roads in his career ,having got to a big team/champions league and failed to do it or did he get the chance or was he good enough

mr Robinson seems to rate him,

its a yes from me 

16 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

aren't people, even remotely intrigued to see what he could do with a full Stephen Robinson style pre-season behind him?

Not desperately.  Flair players tend to play better or worse depending on where their head's at that day, not what their pre-season was like.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

How exactly what did he do?  One good game against accies only because he scored twice and other than that he done feck all ! Need better and  can get better.

Pretty much what Andy P said. A pre season with us and he will be formidable. The guys a real talent.

A fit and focused Ciftci would be an asset to our team no question.

Im happy to back Robbo's judgement as to whether he can get him that way.

If he does a 1 year deal with extension options if he produces the goods would protect us a little.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

A fit and focused Ciftci would be an asset to our team no question.

Im happy to back Robbo's judgement as to whether he can get him that way.

If he does a 1 year deal with extension options if he produces the goods would protect us a little.

My worry would be having a fit and focused player, talented for sure but for me he would not fit into the Robinson ethos.

Ciftci is a luxury player that we cannot afford to carry. We’d be best advised to carry this type of player (if that’s what we’re after) in a playmaker/Advanced midfield role in order to create chances and play crucial passes, rather than a striker imo.

We need two strikers during the window - potentially with one having the versatility to play elsewhere. Easier said than done, however, is finding a counterpoint to Main. As said elsewhere, Bowman doesn’t have enough goals in his game so adding reinforcement is something we need to address. 

Still additionally looking for another centre half I’d imagine and left sided player. 

We haven’t seen thes announcement of any further bodies going out I.e. Bigirimana as some suggested so potentially a case for keeping things as they are and building a midfield around Campbell, Cadden and Turnbull/McHugh/Rose/Bigi through the centre next season. This would leave Tait and A.N. Other as wide players 

Wouldn’t  be too surprised to see Frear offloaded still.

3 minutes ago, JordanMFC said:

I seen this morning on BBC “rumours” page that we had a bid of £50k for Simon Murray turned down. 

Not overly convinced he’s the man for the job TBH. 

My Hibs supporting mate has been saying for a few months that we’re in for him.

Obviously Robinson likes a grafter but I’m no keen on him at all, especially if there is a transfer fee involved. 

Thing for me as far as Ciftci goes is that his last show of being anything close to a decent football was three years ago, and since then he's been at five clubs in three years.

Among his highlights over those years has been involvement in a mass brawl, and criticism in the media and from management about his fitness and application.

He's scored 11 goals in 50 games over those three years.

I know some see him as being worth a punt, but I just don't think he has the attitude and application to get back to where he was three years ago, let alone fit in with a team that has one of the highest work ethics in the league.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

My Hibs supporting mate has been saying for a few months that we’re in for him.

Obviously Robinson likes a grafter but I’m no keen on him at all, especially if there is a transfer fee involved. 

I share your view. Never been convinced by him.  Don't really see us offering £50k for a player that I don't see us developing in the same way as Moult or Johnson either, irrespective of how well we've done financially this season...

Have to agree with the other posters re Murray.

Yup he is fit ,direct and hungry.

BUT imho having watched him on a number of occasions over last 2 seasons he strikes me as being quite limited and too similar to Bowman. 

Different style of striker needed. Cue Ciftci.

Stats show that Murray is a Championship player - had decent run of goals for Hibs last season in the BetFred but they soon dried up once the proper fitba started.

On Ciftci, very much in the sign him camp...keen to see how he would be with a pre season under his belt.  Biggest concern for me is between the ears with him - we all saw how 200 St Johnstone fans managed to put him off his stride a few weeks back.

We have a limited budget to work with and if Ciftci was able to fit within that budget I would back the Gaffers judgement on whether he is worth bringing back to Fir Park. I am also of the opinion that I would be happy if he joins and not overly fussed if he does not. But that would depends who comes in. Simon Murray for example.......would rather take Ciftci. 

Truth is we were weak in the striking dept last season. Yes we had very decent strikers in either Moult or Main. If you class Tanner as a striker then he would be next - although I don’t see him as a forward as such. That left Bowman who always gives 100% and can score goals but just not often enough. After that pretty much nothing with all due respect to Newell and Petravicius. 

Assuming Main and Bowman stay and Tanner is fit we need an upgrade on the other 2. Big fan of Bowman but I guess what we are hoping for is we have stronger options to start next season and he as a decent back up for injuries and to give players a rest in certain games. 

If the Simon Murray thing is true I suspect we will drop it as £50k would be around our limit.