The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

10 minutes ago, daver said:

The chat about O'Halloran seems to have gone quiet. I'd personally take him rather than Ciftci to provide a bit of pace. 

It certainly has gone quiet as I got told it was more or less a done deal, obviously on holday and waiting to sign on his return!!! personally I think he would be terrific signing if true,

As for Ciftci I just don't get it as he played one good game for us against a very poor Hamilton team and everyone thinks he will be the answer to our season, what he will do IF he signs will to increase our wage bill

• Like 2

Think we’ll be looking for a striker with pace to exploit the space left playing with wing backs, Simon Murray makes sense I guess but would rather O’Halloran. 

Dont expect us to sign another keeper with the guy coming back from Airdrie so expect Gillespie will be our number 1 when Carson moves on. 

Yes I'm expecting Carson to be leaving soon. I hope we get Murray he's fast and works hard. Ohalloran will do as well. Hope we're looking to sign a couple of midfielders and a left back. Cifti? No thanks.

3 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Yes I'm expecting Carson to be leaving soon. I hope we get Murray he's fast and works hard. Ohalloran will do as well. Hope we're looking to sign a couple of midfielders and a left back. Cifti? No thanks.

I think we'd need to move a couple on before we'd look at signing another couple of midfielders . Will Bigirimana move on?  Grimshaw and Rose have just signed new deals. Will we get a decent bid for Campbell? We also have Turnbull coming through.  Irrespective of whether you think we have the right balance in midfield (I don't), difficult to see us bringing in two more bodies there...

21 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

In amongst some belters, you've outdone yourself here...

• Haha 1

I've sometimes thought Murray looks quite threatening but he appears to have little finishing ability and missed several astounding sitters last season. Not what we need. 

O'Halloran offers pace and has some finishing ability as well. 

Honestly think Murray would be a decent signing, always looks dangerous running in behind at pace. Think he has a bit better ability than some are making out.

I'm a Bowman fan but if you compare the two do we really think he is much better than Murray technically?

I agree that we shouldn't be spending alot of money on anyone though.

I'm not totally against Nadir coming back if it's on a low wage but there seems to be a lot of fans wearing rose coloured glasses with him. He was shite in a lot of games last season. Yes he got a few goals but he was still often lazy and unfit. There is potential there but let's not pretend he was some sort of revelation, he wasn't.

Holy crap!

Quality reporting from HITC, whatever that stands for, regarding Ciftci

It is understood that Motherwell, who will be keen to find a replacement for Louis Moult after the top scorer departed in January for Preston North End, would be interested in re-signing a player who spent time on loan at Firhill towards the end of last season.

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Guy can play centre half, right back, left back and also defensive midfield seemingly. 

Hartlepool fans seem upset to lose him which is a good sign. 

chunky1988 wrote:
He'll be a loss because hes one of only maybe 4/5 players you could argue are competent since been here

When he played centre back or centre midfield, he was shocking at full back, but think he’s a decent player who will have a steady career 

I’m not demanding we sign an unrealistic level of player but a bit disappointing/worrying we feel Simon Murray is a player we want, and are willing to pay for.

I’ve never rated him. Mainly because he’s utter keech!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1