The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

On the basis of last season's performances and Robbo's comments, we're obviously looking to sign a creative midfielder and I reckon at least one midfielder will depart, so no real surprises.  Full marks to the club for being ambitious but I never really reckoned O'Halloran was a goer and I think the same about Crawford.  Although he hints that uncertainty is getting to him the ball is in his court.  I can see him dragging things out until August to find out if an English club approaches him, but time will tell.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Where did you read/see that?

Spoke to him last night !! He is in Spain and my 2 brother -laws are there so they got him on the phone as there all Celtic fans ... said he was needing back up ... and he told me 2 new signings nxt week .... and hopefully the new Louis moult ......Great guy  to talk to and even brothers laws said same ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Ive said it for years that we should try and get Crawford...he'd thrive in a team that wasnt just in the league to make up the numbers.

Absolutely. Always been their best player any time I have seen Accies, and has that bit of creativity we are sorely lacking.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:50 AM, Dezz said:

Stephen Pearson’s twitter bio currently says ‘consultant @basesoccer’ which as far as I can tell is a agency so he must have moved into that game. 

Supermarv could be on to something. 

Going on tweets from that agency and the club,  this was  most likely related to a bunch of the academy graduates signing professional contracts the other day.

27 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Dmsd I think 1  of the signings you mentioned could be Danny Johnson from Gateshead as he fits the Moult mould as in prolific scorer in Non League .

He does love the north east.

1 hour ago, wellowell said:

Dmsd I think 1  of the signings you mentioned could be Danny Johnson from Gateshead as he fits the Moult mould as in prolific scorer in Non League .

Kind of hope not. Only five league goals season just finished. Obviously if Robinson thinks he can do a job then I'll wait and see what he can do. 

Would be nice to have a striker who wasn't from the north east of England...

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Kind of hope not. Only five league goals season just finished. Obviously if Robinson thinks he can do a job then I'll wait and see what he can do. 

Would be nice to have a striker who wasn't from the north east of England...

Totally agree with your point but his previous seasons were pretty good and just look at Curtis Main, u just never know so can’t write anyone off !

I think Ciftci and a striker/winger with pace is all we need to have a creative attack. We still have Bigi, Tanner and Turnbull as options. If we then add a left sided defensive player  to the squad, I would  feel fairly confident for the season ahead. That would be five new signings in total.

1 hour ago, gdalli10 said:

In an ideal world we’d sign a few more Scots.

It would be ideal but Robinson himself said we get priced out the market for other Scottish players so our budget makes it easier to recruit guys from down south whilst bringing through our young talent into the first team.

1 minute ago, Del_Superwell said:

It would be ideal but Robinson himself said we get priced out the market for other Scottish players so our budget makes it easier to recruit guys from down south whilst bringing through our young talent into the first team.

This - plus just about any time a Scottish striker is mentioned as a possible target, there are 20 posts on here telling us how shite he is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

This - plus just about any time a Scottish striker is mentioned as a possible target, there are 20 posts on here telling us how shite he is.

Main was pretty much written off by some before a ball was kicked.

37 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

Indeed he was.....what are people’s  aversion to players from the north east?

It was very much a tongue in cheek comment from myself about strikers from the north east of England. Just struck me that if were to sign the lad Johnson, all three of our first team strikers would be from that area.

If they can score goals, they can be from Mars for all I care...

7 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

He scored 13 league goals last season actually, 20 in all competitions and has over 50 in 3 seasons at Gateshead.  

For a frame of reference, his goals to games record at that level is better than both Bowman’s and Moult’s before they joined.

Not that stats really mean anything of course, as you say I guess it all comes down to Robinson’s judgement and whether you trust it or not.