The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Pretty impressed by this one, seems to tick the left wing back box pretty well. Done well up here by all accounts and earned himself a couple of moves. Doncaster fans seem to have a negative opinion of him but most other reports seem to be largely positive. As we have seen recently though take all that with a pinch of salt and judge him when he comes. Good to see a Scottish boy signed up too as the balance of Scottish guys was being lost a wee bit too.  Personal preference but I like the team to have a good percentage of Scottish guys, especially coming through from the U20s. Pleased with the business we have done early. If we can get the mentioned midfielder in and a striker I would be quite happy.

5 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I can't say I remember him playing for Thistle, but the one real positive  I take from this is that we'll never see that wanker Hendrie in our kit again

Played well when he was at Thistle good attacking full back ,yer right getting rid of Hendrie is a bonus . So who is the mystery 99.9 % midfielder ? Looks like the squad is bit heavy and this might stifle our young talent 

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Played well when he was at Thistle good attacking full back ,yer right getting rid of Hendrie is a bonus . So who is the mystery 99.9 % midfielder ? Looks like the squad is bit heavy and this might stifle our young talent 

was excellent for thistle the year of their promotion and had been linked with a lot of clubs up here over the last few years

defo ticks the left wing back/left back box for me, delighted with that one. 

now a creative midfielder, a winger and another 30 goal a season forward and il be quite content.

greedy?

I think we will see a couple players from the squad offloaded this summer as well but overall the manager certainly wants more strength in depth behind his first choice 11.   I reckon from what happened during the horrific run in December has a played a part in the kind of players we are recruiting just now.

6 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Pretty impressed by this one, seems to tick the left wing back box pretty well. Done well up here by all accounts and earned himself a couple of moves. Doncaster fans seem to have a negative opinion of him but most other reports seem to be largely positive. As we have seen recently though take all that with a pinch of salt and judge him when he comes. Good to see a Scottish boy signed up too as the balance of Scottish guys was being lost a wee bit too.  Personal preference but I like the team to have a good percentage of Scottish guys, especially coming through from the U20s. Pleased with the business we have done early. If we can get the mentioned midfielder in and a striker I would be quite happy.

How do you arrive at 'seems to tick the left wing back box pretty well'?

7 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

How do you arrive at 'seems to tick the left wing back box pretty well'?

He's a left full back and is fairly pacey. He seems to have the attributes required for that position and a decent track record.

Do you forsee him playing elsewhere? I thought this was pretty obvious

Yep, good to see these signings coming in although its also fun seeing folks on here making all sorts of weird and wacky players up, passes the time. Also noticed that the usual posters who seem to have a source in the squad and were usually accurate seem to be pretty quiet re signings

30 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Mclean, Turnbull and Gordon all touted to head out on loan from what I've heard

2 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Mclean, Turnbull and Gordon all touted to head out on loan from what I've heard

All part of Robinsons plan from the interview hoping the guys come back at christmas and push for a first team spot. Fingers crossed the guys prove their worth and come back and show everyone they deserve a spot in the first team

16 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

He's a left full back and is fairly pacey. He seems to have the attributes required for that position and a decent track record.

Do you forsee him playing elsewhere? I thought this was pretty obvious

Just a query... hardly obvious. Left sided full backs aren't always wing back material. From what many remember of him from his time at Firhill, he seems like he could be an ideal fit for us and our style of play or the coaching staff will evolve and set up 4-3-3?

Dunne, Grimshaw and Main are all players who have been slated by fans of their clubs down South and have come in and did a job for us so not overly worried by Doncaster fans' reviews of him. Hopefully he fills a problem position although on paper Hendrie looked like he fit the bill. 

Turnbull is still pretty young but rumours of MacLean and Gordon going out on loan makes it seem like a matter of time before we release them...

Going out on loan isn't necessarily the end of the road for the youngsters. It's an opportunity to prove themselves in a competitive environment.  Guys like Cadden and Erwin benefited from it. Guys like Thomas, not so much.

Taylor-Sinclair seems to fall into the "been out injured, point to prove" approach, so look forward to seeing what he offers.

Pleased with our business so far.  Taylor-Sinclair looks a good signing on paper at least.  Its good too to get in fresh faces early so they can get a full pre season and hit the ground running when competitive football kicks off.  Given that our business hasn't finished yet its turning into slightly more than fine tuning although the turnover of personnel won't be on the same scale as last season. 

Having signed players of 6-3,6-2 and 5-11 we're turning into a real team of thugs and hatchet men aren't we?  ^_^