The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

40 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Whit pedigree is that ? Hardly kicked a ball last season ,failed to make the grade at Sunderland went to New Zealand also was at Boavista and never played a game .Hope he is a good signing for us but I wouldn't bank on it 

So ..... you’re not happy with this signing then? 

Thing is, you can call Yodo negative all you like but he may have a point. Clearly the guy must be tall if he's described as a player of real stature because his career doesn't suggest much. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a player but I'd describe it as an intriguing signing rather than an exciting one...

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Thing is, you can call Yodo negative all you like but he may have a point. Clearly the guy must be tall if he's described as a player of real stature because his career doesn't suggest much. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a player but I'd describe it as an intriguing signing rather than an exciting one...

Nobody has claimed he is the player of stature Robinson was talking about, though. It wouldn't be the first time a deal has collapsed at the final hurdle.

Going by the highlights of this guy he seems too be comfortable in possession and his first thought is a forward pass,which is two qualities were lacking in the middle of the park,im certainly not getting carried away over a few video clips but hopefully he's the midfielder weve been crying out for.

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Nobody has claimed he is the player of stature Robinson was talking about, though. It wouldn't be the first time a deal has collapsed at the final hurdle.

If this is the scenario then I can maybe see Gauld being that player fitting as it was just yesterday (or the day before) it was noted that Gauld has been moved to the Senior Sporting CP side...

A-Rod looks like a better version of Rose going by his video. I still don't think we have anyone who takes McHugh's role at the moment in terms of winning headers and having a physical presence.

We haven't added a goal scoring midfielder or a reliable striker. We look far too much quantity over quality at the moment. 25 first team players currently ( counting everyone older than 20).

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

What's to get excited about but as I said I hope he is the signing everybody is getting excited about and he makes an impression 

You’re right, like so many before, there’s not enough for fans to know about him to get excited. 

I’m taking no notice of the show reels as they made Craig Clay look a prospect.

That said, he’s obviously known to the management team and the squad. Hopefully, their judgment is sound.

I too hope he makes an impression but only time will tell. I only hope people give him and those others who join us this summer the chance to be successful.

One good thing though, given that he’s come through the ranks at Sunderland, he’ll be used to the shite weather.

Thoroughly underwhelming signing purely because I was hoping for a more attacking goal threat from midfield. Now it seems in Cadden, Rose, Bigi , Gorrin , Campbell, Grimshaw we have 6 very similar players vying for the 2 midfield spots beside McHugh. 

Still, he may come good and be the answer! At least he looks like he knows what a forward pass is.

Decent summer so far, 5 in, nothing to get excited about in terms of player quality, but overall a stronger squad than the one that ended the season.

27 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Thoroughly underwhelming signing purely because I was hoping for a more attacking goal threat from midfield. Now it seems in Cadden, Rose, Bigi , Gorrin , Campbell, Grimshaw we have 6 very similar players vying for the 2 midfield spots beside McHugh. 

Could argue 6 players for one spot when Tanner comes back if we want any kind of creativity...

30 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Still, he may come good and be the answer! At least he looks like he knows what a forward pass is.

Decent summer so far, 5 in, nothing to get excited about in terms of player quality, but overall a stronger squad than the one that ended the season.

Some more midfielders may yet leave either by being transferred or through loans.  I don't get the negativity about our new players.  Th may well be an upgrade in quality we just don't know yet.  Of those who have left the only one I'm half sorry to see leave is Ciftci and even then I'm by no means sure.  Are you really saying that Griffiths, Plummer, Hendrie, and Petravicius are better than those we've brought in?  Aldred may be but time will tell.  Give the new lads a chance. 

The vast majority of players we sign are wait and see signings. No one was raving about Moult, Kipre, Dunn, Aldred, Hartley, Main, but they did ok. Given the last 12 months I think Robinson and Foyle know a decent player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Are you really saying that Griffiths, Plummer, Hendrie, and Petravicius are better than those we've brought in?  Aldred may be but time will tell.  Give the new lads a chance. 

Eh? I literally said the opposite of this lol. The signings are underwhelming in terms of excitement and name value. But our squad is stronger now than it was in May

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

We surely want players who are better than the guys who actually played in all the duff games last season? A striker who is significantly better than Bowman and an upgrade in midfield.

We might already have done that but it's a long shot.

Who knows how the signings will turn out, many exceeded expectations last season but recruitment so far has been a tad underwhelming.

Given the income generated from the cup runs, I thought we’d be in a position to invest in one or two more  players with slightly better pedigree. 

Having seen him with the Phoenix, I can confirm that he has a nice touch and an eye for a pass. Good in possession, but he will not get the time on the ball that he did in the A League. That will be the main adjustment that he has to make.