The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

1 minute ago, johnstone said:

Carson and Kipre will go for 7 figure sums this transfer window. 

A collective 7-figures or both will leave for 7-figures each? Liverpool are just about to sell their reserve-reserve keeper for £10 million; Carson’s true value won’t be realised when he leaves us. Hopefully a nice wee sell-on clause will be included 

10 minutes ago, johnstone said:

Carson and Kipre will go for 7 figure sums this transfer window. 

That'd be quite a thing, wouldn't it?

How much are we due Boyle/Hutchinson?

Getting debt free, while maintaining a decent level would be incredible.

The sell on clause for Kipre could be the real money maker for the club. Given the sums being paid down south,, and his undoubted potential, 25% of his next move could well be more than what we initially get for him. Carson won't make us much, as a fair chunk of any fee goes to Hartlepool.

3 hours ago, The African said:

The sell on clause for Kipre could be the real money maker for the club. Given the sums being paid down south,, and his undoubted potential, 25% of his next move could well be more than what we initially get for him. Carson won't make us much, as a fair chunk of any fee goes to Hartlepool.

Hopefully we get even more creative than that.  First Team appearances, Senior International Appearances etc. all triggering more payments.

I see Adam Rooney is going to double his salary by moving to non-league Salford City.

This is another great example of why it's so dificult for teams like us to compete even against the non league outfits in the transfer market.

If we sell Carson with a sell-on clause, do Hartlepool get their share of that sell-on clause if it generates any money?  It would seem reasonable to me that they do as it would form part of our total transfer fee intake for him.

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

I see Adam Rooney is going to double his salary by moving to non-league Salford City.

This is another great example of why it's so dificult for teams like us to compete even against the non league outfits in the transfer market.

Yep it’s a different world down south. My home club York City who are now in national league north, (6th tier) have a crazy playing budget.

I know that population and attendances aren't the same but the population of Salford is considerably more than that of Aberdeen (admittedly not the hinterland) and the population of York is about the same as Aberdeen.  Even lower league clubs in England benefit from massive TV monies compared to our Premier League clubs.  

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

If we sell Carson with a sell-on clause, do Hartlepool get their share of that sell-on clause if it generates any money?  It would seem reasonable to me that they do as it would form part of our total transfer fee intake for him.

Yes, but how it works depends.  As far as I know there are 2 types.  A straight sell on clause - which is given when a team sells a player and a sell on clause on Profit. 

Scenario

We buy for £10k plus 25% sell on

We sell for £110k plus 25% sell on, £50k after 10 caps £50k after promotion

Original would get 25% on £110k(first £10k 100% is ours if on profit) and 25% on any of the other clauses triggered.  

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I know that population and attendances aren't the same but the population of Salford is considerably more than that of Aberdeen (admittedly not the hinterland) and the population of York is about the same as Aberdeen.  Even lower league clubs in England benefit from massive TV monies compared to our Premier League clubs.  

Having Peter Lim as your majority shareholder won't hurt, either.

Salford City are also the team that Scholes, Giggs etc. bought into. All of these big spending non-league teams are bankrolled by rich owners hoping to be rewarded by making it into League Two - the money isn't coming from TV deals or crowds (Salford have a 5,000 capacity ground)

Sell on clauses seem like the best bet to make money.

If I was down south I wouldn't pay seven figure sums for any Scottish Premiership players outside of Celtic  who are playing international and European football. 

The present standard of the league is too low and probably 85% of the players that go down south come back up without having made any impact or disappear into the lower leagues down south.

Buying from our league is a big, big risk.  Then again, some people have more money than sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weeyin said:

it is frustrating that its difficult to compete with non league, but if a player values the development in his career he will favour us

I know for a fact that's happened this summer for us and we actually obtained a player that was offered more at non league level

wont say who as I wouldn't want to get who told me into bother but you do hope and I know its unlikely in many cases that younger players can forsee longer term gains by coming to a club like us that will help them develop and give them the opportunity to put themselves in the shop window

2 minutes ago, dossertillidie said:

it is frustrating that its difficult to compete with non league, but if a player values the development in his career he will favour us

I know for a fact that's happened this summer for us and we actually obtained a player that was offered more at non league level

wont say who as I wouldn't want to get who told me into bother but you do hope and I know its unlikely in many cases that younger players can forsee longer term gains by coming to a club like us that will help them develop and give them the opportunity to put themselves in the shop window

Robinson has referred to Liam Donnelly in relation to the Rooney transfer in a story on the BBC website if that's who you were referring to.

You only need to watch the early rounds of the FA Cup to see a lot familiar names playing non-league these days. It's obviously for the money on offer, as the standard isn't exactly great. 

I enjoy watching it, as it offers an interesting combination of promising youngsters, old pros and guys that have found ther level - but there's a big drop off in quality.

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

Salford City are also the team that Scholes, Giggs etc. bought into. All of these big spending non-league teams are bankrolled by rich owners hoping to be rewarded by making it into League Two - the money isn't coming from TV deals or crowds (Salford have a 5,000 capacity ground)

And to be fair York fall into that category with the owner being a successful businessman who has put millions into the club although they are moving into a new stadium next season and he gets it back from the proceeds when the old ground is sold.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-motherwell-ready-battle-bid-12955175

Aberdeen and Motherwell are preparing to do battle to land former Tottenham Hotspur defender Alexander McQueen.

Ex-Spurs starlet McQueen, 23, is on both clubs' shortlist after starring in the Finnish Premier Division with VPS.

McQueen was signed for Spurs at the age of 18 and played 33 times for the under-21's before moving to Carlisle United where he played 25 times in England's fourth tier.

The lightning-quick full-back also has a full international cap for Grenada.

Zane Francis-Angol was an ex-Spurs starlet defender too, wasn't he?

Good to see Aberdeen's scouting strategy is still to try and nab our players and targets. 

Steelmen? Steal men, more like. Amirite?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Zane Francis-Angol was an ex-Spurs starlet defender too, wasn't he?

Good to see Aberdeen's scouting strategy is still to try and nab our players and targets. 

Steelmen? Steal men, more like. Amirite?

So was John Hendry. Only kept out of the first team by Jurgen Klinsmann (and the fact that he was shite).

I see that, according to the BBC, Gary Neville has accused us of a breach of etiquette by discussing Salford's " business".

The irony is that these words of wisdom have come by the medium "twitter"when we all know that we should have been informed of our transgressions by a hand written note, delivered by his valet or manservant, with our choice of time, place and swords or pistols. Just proves,once again, that you can't buy class.