The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

On 7/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, steelboy said:

Petravicius should have been nowhere near our club. The fact he was continually given game time doesn't mean we should lower our expectations and accept journeymen who failed at our rivals.

Which rival team did Petravicius fail at before us?

18 hours ago, CrosshillWell said:

Which rival team did Petravicius fail at before us?

since steelboy has missed the query, read the thread (or even the post you quoted) for context , he wasnt talking about Petravicius being a journeyman thats failed at our rivals

2 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

Here's radical!

Let's go get Stephen Dobbie and we will at least get some goals.

He's 35 and a brief look at his career stats suggests that he is only a prolific goal scorer for QoS.

Not sure if he is quite what we should be looking for, though he will probably score against us now.

3 hours ago, Al B said:

Given he's a left-footed left back, i'd sincerely hope so.

He did fall over like Bambi on ice when somebody ran at him on Tuesday. Hopefully that was a one-off loss of balance! Certainly he seemed to do well enough at left back for Thistle. 

32 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

When is Tanner due back?

September is all the official site says. Whether that's the 1st September or the 30th, just need to wait and see. Unfortunately, and this will apply to Dunne as well, I suspect that similar to Hartley that it's going to Tanner a good while before he's back at anything like 100%...

I rate bigi very highly but if robbo doesn’t fancy him then don’t waste his time and wages on someone we don’t need, especially when we have players like Turnbull, Brown etc. All in the reserves for his position. Same with the strikers if a acceptable bid came in for bowman I’d take it frees up debts, wages that we don’t need plus I’m not so sure he is a player that will carry us this season as much as I do like him. You also have young James Scott who has a bright future and played well in pre-season.

The improving 12-16 is one of the daftest things i've heard considering how poorly we played for long spells last season.

Robinson hasn't adressed our lack of creativity in the final third and we don't look any better off on the left hand side.

With the young players Robinson will no doubt say they're not ready than admit he's wasted the club's money padding out the squad unneccesarily.

• Like 1

Not one of our youngsters has made the bench in the last 3 cup games. Our transfer policy this summer surely can’t sit well with all at the club. 
Time will tell.

There was an argument that this might be a make or break for Frear what with him going into his last year. It's started well but if that doesn't continue you've potentially Hastie ready to challenge for that place with a year/eighteen months more first team experience behind him than what he might have had by staying put.

Perhaps the same applies with MacLean, particularly if Cadden goes. Turnbull likewise if Bigi were to go too.

You might be right Lobey but at the moment the theory of a group of 18-20 with some youngsters on the fringes of that group and others gaining experience elsewhere ready to step in, or at least move up the pecking order when others move on is a reasonable balancing act.

Whether those on the fringes or out on loan are of higher quality than those further up the pecking order currently though is another argument!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

I rate bigi very highly but if robbo doesn’t fancy him then don’t waste his time and wages on someone we don’t need, especially when we have players like Turnbull, Brown etc. All in the reserves for his position. Same with the strikers if a acceptable bid came in for bowman I’d take it frees up debts, wages that we don’t need plus I’m not so sure he is a player that will carry us this season as much as I do like him. You also have young James Scott who has a bright future and played well in pre-season.

If we're selling a striker, make it Main...

But in general, I agree. We have players in the squad that Robinson clearly doesn't want. When Bigirimana had his squad number shifted, that was all the clue you needed. We had Grimshaw, Rodriguez and Bigirimana on the bench yesterday. And McHugh playing at centre half. How many injuries would it have taken for Bigirimana to get on the park? If Cadden, Campbell and Rose had all gone off injured, I suspect we'd have seen Grimshaw, Rodriguez and Donnelly coming on with McHugh going into midfield.  

I'm not one who is suggesting Bigirimana is the answer to all our problems. What I would say is that if he's so far out of the picture that he's realistically 7th in line for 3 midfield spots, then it's maybe best for him and for us that he moves on...

3 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

If we're selling a striker, make it Main...

Yet again yesterday, I thought he was absolutely honking. He has been absolute murder since the Scottish Cup semi-final and is going backwards at a rate of knots. He only scored yesterday cause the ball hit him in the face without him knowing too much about it. His shots from a good position all ended up high wide and handsome.