The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

30 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Does anyone know what is happening with the elusive George Newall?

Yet another player that is injury prone, would it not be better to off load him during this transfer window as even if fit I don't think he is going to make it.

He's back  training at the moment, for how long is the question before he inevitably breaks down again.    I cant see him getting many if any games this year for the first team would expect he will feature in Craigan's reserves.

1 hour ago, superward said:

Hearing we've knocked back an 800k bid from Rangers for Cadden as it wasn't all up front....

If we have, then we can expect the redtops screaming blue (sorry) murder that we're being selfish and are denying the player a chance of a lifetime.

7 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Whit’s the chances of Cadden going to Hibs if McGinn god to Villa 

I'd be expecting them to at least match the £800k. Not sure they'd be willing to part with that much cash but you never know, I suppose. Would prefer to see him go south tbh.

2 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

£800'000 cash up front plus sell on clauses ..........deal or no deal ?????

No deal. If he’s going to go then we’d be bette served sending him down south. A much better chance of a sell on % that way.

On a different note, what do we think Carson's worth?

I see Chelsea signing a keeper for £71 million, and Liverpool spending £65 million (or whatever it was) and think the market has become inflated. Then I see Joe Hart being sold for only £3.5 million - I know he has his dodgy moments, but he's had 266 first team starts for Man City and 75 England caps.

So by these valuations Carson is either worth about £10 million, or £250k.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dezz said:

No deal. If he’s going to go then we’d be bette served sending him down south. A much better chance of a sell on % that way.

Better chance of a sell on % for us. Better career opportunities for the player.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

On a different note, what do we think Carson's worth?

I see Chelsea signing a keeper for £71 million, and Liverpool spending £65 million (or whatever it was) and think the market has become inflated. Then I see Joe Hart being sold for only £3.5 million - I know he has his dodgy moments, but he's had 266 first team starts for Man City and 75 England caps.

So by these valuations Carson is either worth about £10 million, or £250k.

How many clubs are looking to buy a goalie in Carson's realistic price range?

Carson is a good keeper but at his age it's unlikely clubs will bid for him. 

Celtic bid because Gordon got hurt right before the window shut. Similar to Goram going to Man Utd.

We are obviously not the only club who consider resale value and that will put potential buyers off. How many clubs are in the market for a keeper in Trev's price range? How many want to buy a 30 year old? How many would buy a 30 year old with Carson's lack of high level football? 

The likelihood is we'll have a very good keeper for the next two years.

4 hours ago, superward said:

Hearing we've knocked back an 800k bid from Rangers for Cadden as it wasn't all up front....

They would try to pay us in old £1 coins......

As for Trev, hopefully his performance on Sunday put off any potential suitors in this window.

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Celtic bid because Gordon got hurt right before the window shut. Similar to Goram going to Man Utd.

We are obviously not the only club who consider resale value and that will put potential buyers off. How many clubs are in the market for a keeper in Trev's price range? How many want to buy a 30 year old? How many would buy a 30 year old with Carson's lack of high level football? 

The likelihood is we'll have a very good keeper for the next two years.

I don’t disagree but 30 for a goalie is hardly over the hill. Have Chelsea not signed Rob Green at 38 ! Maybe no fee involved but shows clubs are willing to pay for experience even as back up. 

Carson has just become an International goalie so should put him more in the spotlight. After we rightly told Celtic to GTF in January I hope he gets a decent move which allows him to earn more money, perhaps because he was totally professional about the situation. 

All that said I always said I could see Carson becoming like Randolph. A v good keeper who we never receive a decent bid for. Again if he was in league one or championship he would probably be sold for several million. Seems to be the way. 

Time will tell but I think more than likely he will be with us after the window closes. Not a bad thing especially if we do sell Cadden. 4 saleable assets and selling 2 of them would be more than enough in this window.....

I know we are a selling club and its good business but selling two of our best players within a very short space of time is going to hurt us badly. it will take time for any replacements to be found and get fit (no one we have brought in so far has been fitter than the pilsbury doughboy) then get used to our style of play. could be months (Hartley). All the time we are playing competitive games. Wish the sales could be confined to preseason before any competitive games. At least come January we have an idea where we are in the league and if there is a need to sell or bring in anyone. Robinson must be frustrated as hell trying to build a team, getting outbid for players he has been targetting for months and losing his best players. Who would be a manager...not me.