The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

19 minutes ago, DunnyMFC said:

I hope if/when we sell another 1st team player that the youth can step up and take the chance when they get it.

I seriously hope we don't sell too many key players in this window as I don't want us to go down like Dundee Utd.

Thats my biggest fear, just remember their firesale and then spent years in the wilderness

2 hours ago, Yassin said:

We could sell all 4 and still finish above the bottom 2.

If we were to go into Saturday's game without Carson, Campbell and Cadden then I wouldn't be confident at all. 

So on that basis, I tend to think that we couldn't sell all four and survive...

Cadden is not good enough to be playing at a level higher than spfl or league one irrespective of what’s considered his best position.  He’s one of the least technically gifted players in our starting 11 and let’s be honest here if he wasn’t one of our own would be getting the same grief  the likes of rose or grimshaw are getting as basically his redeeming attribute is effort like those two

• Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 4:04 PM, wellowell said:

Now confirmed by club undisclosed fee don’t like them makes you think he’s been sold cheaper than you think 

By way of an aside Aston Villa has signed John McGinn from Hibs for...................an undisclosed fee. So its not just our Directors who are trying to hoodwink and deceive the fans. :evilgrin: 

36 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Cadden is not good enough to be playing at a level higher than spfl or league one irrespective of what’s considered his best position.  He’s one of the least technically gifted players in our starting 11 and let’s be honest here if he wasn’t one of our own would be getting the same grief  the likes of rose or grimshaw are getting as basically his redeeming attribute is effort like those two

Aye, cause Motherwell fans never give one of their own grief.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Attitudes like this are one of the reasons it's difficult to give youngsters game time. (And in case people forget, Cadden is 21).

Fraser Kerr was a Motherwell youth player until he joined Birmingham. I don't remember anyone giving him a pass because he was "one of our own".

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Fraser Kerr was a Motherwell youth player until he joined Birmingham. I don't remember anyone giving him a pass because he was "one of our own".

Christ I forget Kerr was a Motherwell player. Dreadful.

16 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Fraser Kerr had a few games at right wing if I remember correctly.

Count your blessings well fans.

I always thought he'd make a cracking rugby player. Big brave boy, running fast in straight lines at people. 

Still, he made Kenny Miller shite himself in a pagger, so him and Craig Moore always have that.

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

By way of an aside Aston Villa has signed John McGinn from Hibs for...................an undisclosed fee. So its not just our Directors who are trying to hoodwink and deceive the fans. :evilgrin: 

On this, think it's the genuine practise from so called "selling clubs". In fact, the only two clubs in Scotland who tend not to do this as much is the bigot brothers as they like to appease their hoards with "look how much we got for this player" and "look how much we paid for this guy".

For me, it makes perfect business sense to withhold transfers fees from the public domain.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, grizzlyg said:

Bringing in one young player hardly an achievement. I just feel that it's becoming tougher for young lads to get a chance. And if they aren't good enough then we need to look at the youth set up we have.  

I don't necessarily think it's anything to do with the youth setup, it's just that the current bunch of kids we have at the moment either aren't quite ready for first-team football or they're not good enough. 

No youth setup on the planet consistently churns out top-class talent, we're even seeing Barcelona's famed La Masia go through a bit of a dry spell.

At the moment we have Barry McGuire, Chris Cadden & Allan Campbell either in the team or on the fringes and probably some other names that I'm forgetting, so it's not too bad.

As the old saying goes, if they're good enough they'll play.

2 hours ago, Well Up For It! said:

On this, think it's the genuine practise from so called "selling clubs". In fact, the only two clubs in Scotland who tend not to do this as much is the bigot brothers as they like to appease their hoards with "look how much we got for this player" and "look how much we paid for this guy".

For me, it makes perfect business sense to withhold transfers fees from the public domain.

I think that due to the level of corruption in football all transfer and agents fees should be made public by the SFA or equivalent.