The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

4 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Papers reporting Souleymane Coulibaly training with thistle and hes a free agent. Surely well could do with his pace and flair? Much rather have him than Sammon.

Doesn't have the non-league / England C credentials; fails to meet the criteria 

7 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Papers reporting Souleymane Coulibaly training with thistle and hes a free agent. Surely well could do with his pace and flair? Much rather have him than Sammon.

I'm sure he went to Egypt or the Middle East for close to a million pounds..

He always looked a handful. Scored that screamer at Celtic Park a few years back.

Give me someone of his quality please. We are crying out for someone with a bit of ability up front.

7 hours ago, robsterwood said:

He must be carrying some baggage, after walking out on club and then the case goes up to FIFA.

Sammon was brought in as cover. He started a few games because guys like Main and Johnson weren't fit enough to start.

He will be a cheap option because Hearts will be paying a chunk of his wages.

Main, Bowman, Johnson (and Tanner when he's fit) will all likely be ahead of him.

He'll be fine as a 4th choice.  No need to waste money on someone else.

Plus he's not as bad as people would try and make out. The same people who told us in the last couple of weeks that Hartley was obviously not going to be the same player again because he had 7 months to get fit and had lost it. And that Main was a half season wonder and now reverted to type.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hartley is yet to play a decent 90 minutes and we have no idea what Sammon is being paid. Whatever we are paying is too much.

Sorry I thought Hartley was starting to look his old self on Saturday, although he is stilll got a bit to do before he reaches his form prior to injury, but he seems to be making progress in every game he is playing.

i worry about Tanner as everyone thinks he will just playing to the same form prior to injury and cannot see that happening right away, as a Motherwell supporter you have to be patient!!!

47 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hartley is yet to play a decent 90 minutes and we have no idea what Sammon is being paid. Whatever we are paying is too much.

How much would you like to pay for the 4th choice starter? Should it be more or less than Newell? Would you prefer we paid a full time, full wage to warm the bench most weeks?

And I didn't say Hartley had played a decent 90 minutes yet, (but keep arguing against a different point to the one I made - it usually means you know it's valid). There were posters on here saying Hartley was finished and how there's no such thing as match fit and he should be on top form after 7 months out. He is obviously improving from a physical and match-fitness perspective. That shouldn't suprise anyone who has ever watched professional football before, but the usual knee-jerk posts suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

If the rumours I heard at the Accies game are to be believed Sammon is allegedly on 4k a week at Hearts , and we are paying 1.2k of that .

50 minutes ago, weeyin said:

How much would you like to pay for the 4th choice starter? Should it be more or less than Newell? Would you prefer we paid a full time, full wage to warm the bench most weeks?

And I didn't say Hartley had played a decent 90 minutes yet, (but keep arguing against a different point to the one I made - it usually means you know it's valid). There were posters on here saying Hartley was finished and how there's no such thing as match fit and he should be on top form after 7 months out. He is obviously improving from a physical and match-fitness perspective. That shouldn't suprise anyone who has ever watched professional football before, but the usual knee-jerk posts suggest otherwise.

We are paying a full time wage to Sammon.

As for Hartley it's wait and see.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Just shows how we see things differently. I thought he had a very good game on Saturday ably assisted by Aldred and McHugh.  Not back to his best yet though.  The fact that Carson, in goal, had little to do for much of the game was largely down to Hartley and his colleagues, not our midfield screen, which left them somewhat exposed. 

Goals this season.

Sammon - 3

Main - 2 (one off his head he knew little about, one thrown in by a goalkeeper) 

Just saying... As it is, my preferred front two would be Bowman and Johnson. I reckon it's underplayed how many of Main's (and Moult's before him) goals were helped by the fact that Bowman is such a willing runner of the channels, dragging defenders with him...

1 hour ago, milo said:

I’ve also heard these exact amounts being banded about. 

Worrying we’re prepared to spent that on such an utter donkey! If true of course. 

Probably because you've got the same source making stuff up, tbf.

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

Goals this season.

Sammon - 3

Main - 2 (one off his head he knew little about, one thrown in by a goalkeeper) 

Just saying... As it is, my preferred front two would be Bowman and Johnson. I reckon it's underplayed how many of Main's (and Moult's before him) goals were helped by the fact that Bowman is such a willing runner of the channels, dragging defenders with him...

Exactly - anyone with any common sense can see Sammon is a semi decent player for what we are probably paying. 9 caps for Republic of Ireland. 

I am not saying he is great, but the usual pessimists on this site happy to label him a donkey and why exactly ? I would not expect any less tbh. I don’t think he has done any worse than Bowman. He came on on Saturday and was fine and will do as back up to Main, Johnson and probably even Bowman.