The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Sammon would have scored far more than 2  league goals if he was presented with the same chances main has this season

I'm not into scapegoating Sammon but let the facts speak for themselves.

Last season Sammon scored 7 league goals for Partick and 3 of them were penalties.

So while he may have scored more than Main I still don't think Sammon is the answer to our problems.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'm not into scapegoating Sammon but let the facts speak for themselves.

Last season Sammon scored 7 league goals for Partick and 3 of them were penalties.

So while he may have scored more than Main I still don't think Sammon is the answer to our problems.

I don’t think he’s the answer either for what it’s worth but he can’t be any worse an option than main whose spurning chances game after game. 

2 hours ago, 1991 said:

I liked Bowman but never thought he was good enough, always gives 100%. I have a feeling we might see Lee Erwin return 

Is there not a FIFA rule that bars players for signing for more than 2 clubs in a season? I think Erwin is either has to fly back to Iran or return to Killie. If that's not the case, I would have him as a replacement for Bowman.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Scott should have been given the last two games before the split to show what he could do.  Main can't score, Sammon's on loan, Bowman is clearly leaving....it's common sense but our manager consistently makes these 'safe' decisions to the detriment of the team.  As it stands we've failed to score in 5 out of the last 7. 

We could have a player in Scott but you'll never know unless you give him a chance.

If Scott is the big number 9 that played in the Ross County cup game he does not look ready to me.

1 hour ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

I don’t think he’s the answer either for what it’s worth but he can’t be any worse an option than main whose spurning chances game after game. 

Honestly I think he is, he’s axactly the same every game. Can’t jump more than two foot off the ground and he game is based  around looking at the nearest opposition player to him and bundling him over just before theball arrives.

10 minutes ago, El Grew said:

As I said in a previous post Sammon is not what we need - 66 goals in over 400 games at an average of 0.16 goals/game for umpteen clubs.  FFS we are in the process of selling a guy with a better record than that.:wallbash:

If you are comparing then it has to be apples with apples. Sammon has played most of his life in spfl premier and English championship - not the Vauxhall conference. His record in scottish premier is better than bowmans. 

A Queen of the South fan on P&B  has suggested we’re in for Lyndon Dykes. Don’t profess to know much about him but a quick google suggests he’s a 23 year old, 6’2 attacking midfielder/forward with 1 goal and 8 assists to his name this season. 

Where’s that come from? I really don’t see it happening unfortunately. He’s playing regularly over in Australia on loan from Villa and must be on about £40k a week. He could have his pick of championship clubs down south, or either of the old firm up here, if he wanted to return from Australia. 

Really liked bowman, but like most of us was surprised when he hung around last season after Robbo clearly didn’t fancy him, but he put in the work and made a great pairing with moult, and was a decent partner to main for a portion of last season.

Great work rate, and will be remembered for being part of some great moments, and I wish him all the best, but one of the worst attacking headers of the ball I’ve seen, along with main.

Also, Sammon is nowhere near as bad as folk on here make out. He’s not good either, just not the abomination of a striker he’s described as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

If Scott is the big number 9 that played in the Ross County cup game he does not look ready to me.

Like I pointed out we have failed to score in 5 out of 7.

I think we can take the risk at this point and find out. 

Maybe 2 or 3 months from now we won't be able to, or, if we are forced to, it's a bigger risk.

32 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Like I pointed out we have failed to score in 5 out of 7.

I think we can take the risk at this point and find out. 

Maybe 2 or 3 months from now we won't be able to, or, if we are forced to, it's a bigger risk.

I take it from that he was the number 9 ? Honestly i’m not sure we can start taking risks given we need the points. I would not have an issue if we were comfortable mid table. I don’t see it happening and honestly don’t think it should.

Bowman was a worker, but lets not pretend he was any good at football. Im actually pleasantly surprised anyone sees enough to pay a fee for him!

Saying that, he goes with good wishes. He fair put in a shift which is more than can be said for some of our other current crop, and he was able to play the perfect foil for Moult.

19 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Bowman was a worker, but lets not pretend he was any good at football. Im actually pleasantly surprised anyone sees enough to pay a fee for him!

Saying that, he goes with good wishes. He fair put in a shift which is more than can be said for some of our other current crop, and he was able to play the perfect foil for Moult.

This will be the fourth or fifth time he has gone for money.