The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

30 minutes ago, smiddy said:

just a silly question, but if your a recent convert to oor wee club ,,,,,,,,,,,, where have u been all our lives ? and why pick us ?

I moved up from Yorkshire many years ago, my wife is Glaswegian. Was a season ticket holder at York City for 20 years. I’ve always watched a lot of football up here and still do. Started supporting a guy with learning Dissabilities through work around 7 years ago and we had season tickets at Rangers, his dad had always taken him before he passed away. We both got tired of sitting next to middle aged men screaming bigoted abuse so moved on to season tickets at a Thistle, Accies along with watching every other team we could. As soon as we started watching football at Motherwell we knew it was a special club and the one for us. As part of the disabled supporters association we have met some wonderful people along with staff and other supporters around us. We just love the club and have both said we would never support any other team.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

It seems like its going to be a busy window for us.  To sum up so far, "likely" moves are:

Bowman, Rose, MacLean and Main out.  Maybe Sammon and Turnbull too. 

Hastie back in and MacCormack in.

Thats not to say that the likes of ATS, Newell, and Bigi may not move on. Time will tell. 

It does seem though that Robbo for all his stock interview language, is well aware of our deficiencies and will be pretty ruthless in moving non performing players on to introduce fresh blood. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Aye, no point in fucking about. If I hear something that sounds credible I'll post it, not got much time for cryptic nonsense or the classic "heard it from my brothers wife's mate who plays 5 a-sides with the guy who drives the team bus" stuff.

Should hopefully be the forward we've been crying out for.

Shit. I was highly skeptical when the rumour broke, but now I’m going to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen :-)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I moved up from Yorkshire many years ago, my wife is Glaswegian. Was a season ticket holder at York City for 20 years. I’ve always watched a lot of football up here and still do. Started supporting a guy with learning Dissabilities through work around 7 years ago and we had season tickets at Rangers, his dad had always taken him before he passed away. We both got tired of sitting next to middle aged men screaming bigoted abuse so moved on to season tickets at a Thistle, Accies along with watching every other team we could. As soon as we started watching football at Motherwell we knew it was a special club and the one for us. As part of the disabled supporters association we have met some wonderful people along with staff and other supporters around us. We just love the club and have both said we would never support any other team.

good wee story as to how you came to us, but if its only been a few years then you will not have seen some of the fantastic,,/,,shitydross, ( delete as reqd) the rest of us have witnessed but welcome to the MFC rollercoaster put your helmet on and enjoy the ride hahahahaha

Edited by smiddy
wrong spelling
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, smiddy said:

good wee story as to how you came to us, but if its only been a few years then you will not have seen some of the fantastic,,/,,shitydross, ( delete as reqd) the rest of us have witnessed but welcome to the MFC rollercoaster put your helmet on and enjoy the ride hahahahaha

I can’t wait.

We played some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play in 2007/2008. The cup game at Tynecastle after O’Donnell’s death was something else and the celebrations after Porters equaliser were as powerful as they come. We of course won the replay and then a first division Dundee knocked us out a Fir Park in the next round!!!! Naturally. Another missed opportunity to do something on the cups when we actually have a good team!!!

There’s a great highlights reel on YouTube of all McCormack’s goals at Leeds and some of them are absolutely sensational.

This is potentially a very exciting signing although I’ve no idea what his form/fitness is like at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, I'm not well versed on the rules of the MLS but does anyone know why Seattle Sounders get $50k for the transfer of Andy Rose, I'm assuming we got nowt. 

It's all part of the fun of American sports franchises and salary rules. Nothing as simple as players having contracts with teams.

I don't know all the gory details, but Vancouver had apparently to secure Rose's "MLS rights from Seattle" which they did by giving them $50,000 in "General Allocation Money."

General Allocation Money is used:

to reduce the salary budget impact of players signing new deals, signing extensions or towards loan/transfer fees. Unlike Targeted Allocation Money, GAM can be used on players at any contract level.

Aye, exactly.

(I know even less about this than I do about baseball players being put on the waiver wire).

Hibs and St Mirren being mentioned in regards McCormack now. Hopefully we've got the deal done and dusted and not alerted other clubs. A team kike Hibs could perhaps change a mind last minute.

As an aside, watching Central Coast Mariners just now and they look grim. Haven't won since February! 

Although we may still land McCormack I think Hibs, Dundee or St Mirren are more likely to do so. When I saw his photos at NDP I immediately thought that he'd be the perfect fit for Dundee and the Buddies. Both are desperate and have money to burn. Don't rule out Dundee Utd either. Time will tell. 

His agent will have been touting him around anyway, as is his job.

We've got the familiarity factor etc.

Normally wages would come into it with Hibs etc involved, but given the nature of the situation, the fact its a loan and that Villa look to just want him away from the club, its probably just going to come down to player preference.

Need to just see what happens.

I’m not sure why we’ve had the appearance at NDP if it’s not close to a done deal.

If McCormack is set of returning to Scotland for the rest of the season, there are far more enticing options than Motherwell. The way the league is shaping up, we are one of the few clubs with little to play for. 

If plastic pitches aren’t a concern for his recent injury, I’d be recommending Killie all day long. Opportunity to work under a top manager that has a knack of turning careers around and have a right good go at winning the league. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46722080

Ross McCormack: Motherwell keen on Aston Villa striker

By Scott Mullen

BBC Sport Scotland

Sharethis page
Ross McCormack
Ross McCormack spent two seasons at Motherwell, scoring 14 goals

Motherwell are interested in bringing Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack back to Fir Park.

McCormack, 32, who last played for the Scottish Premiership club in 2008, was a spectator at their win over Hamilton Academical on Saturday.

The former Scotland international is currently on loan at A League side Central Coast Mariners.

That deal ends in the summer, so any return to Scotland would require Villa to cut short his stay in Australia.

McCormack is back in the UK recovering from a knee injury, having not played for the Mariners since November.

It is understood a potential deal is still some way off as Motherwell monitor his injury and situation, but the club are confident they would be able to strike an agreement if his circumstances were to change.

The Fir Park side, currently ninth in the Premiership, are set to lose forward Ryan Bowman to Exeter City and have scored just 20 goals in 21 league matches this season.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Although we may still land McCormack I think Hibs, Dundee or St Mirren are more likely to do so. When I saw his photos at NDP I immediately thought that he'd be the perfect fit for Dundee and the Buddies. Both are desperate and have money to burn. Don't rule out Dundee Utd either. Time will tell. 

Hibs? Yes. The others? Surely not?!?! For the record, I could see him being sought after by any of the teams currently above is in the league. 

And I include Celtic in that!

Hope we’re not gazumped! (And if we are I hope he turns out to be pish!!!)