The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

6 hours ago, David said:

Deal is done lads, chill out. Announcement once the window is officially open.

good on you david for being on the money, I was told today by a good source that its a done deal,,,,, I just hope he doesn't get his head turned and do a Mo Johnston hahahha 

any way, who was the 2 posters who are going to eat one shoe each if / when its done, ???? there is some eating in a shoe :woop:

Hopefully with the noises from the club Hastie, Livingston and Maguire will develop as planned and be players to feature a lot in our first team next season. 

Would expect any incoming LB or LW to be a 6 month loan deal with that in mind. 

1 hour ago, 1991 said:

I think Livinston is a better left back than ATS, I would like to see him get a run in the team. Is Hastie a season  long loan or back with us 

I'm 50/50 on ATS. Not entirely convinced he is any good at all, but has improved a bit with a couple of games recently, perhaps with a longer run could come good. 

However, Livingstone I think is pretty much on a level footing. So, if we could play Livingstone with ATS as a back up to give him rest when required that would be my ideal I think.

4 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

None of that scenario likely to happen.

No ‘cryptic pish’ as an administrator alluded to when posting days old information either... left sider is in.  I’ll form opinion when club releases details on contract type.

Days old information for someone in the know or a top trump claim but someone who isn’t in the know but is loosely connected to someone in the know and likes to chat ‘cryptic pish’?

I’ve got a black cat, what colour is yours?

2 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

Days old information for someone in the know or a top trump claim but someone who isn’t in the know but is loosely connected to someone in the know and likes to chat ‘cryptic pish’?

I’ve got a black cat, what colour is yours?

sorry cant answer that as I  am  colour blind , but its deffo got 4 legs and a tail and also a heart beat so its living, and its mine :) only a wee joke at this time of year,so lets lighten up a wee bit before our new signings put us back in cuckoo land 

Certainly looks like it will be an interesting transfer window. 

I must admit the McKinstry transfer has for me come from left field. Never even heard of this kid, which is strange given a club like Leeds are reputedly prepared to pay up to £400k to sign him if the press stories are at all accurate.  Another vindication of our youth policy. All that said if it does go through you wonder what kind of player he is was and is capable of becoming. In other words will we rue this day several years down the line. 

Rose is off ski as is Bowman most probably. Rumours of Main interesting clubs down south and silence on Turnbull, the latter of which were rumoured to be of interest to Southampton. 

Then throw in Ross McCormaack which if David is to be believed is a done deal. Again nothing concrete in the media and no info coming from down under where he is apparently still on loan from Villa. 

Could be an interesting window for sure. Just hope we are much stronger when it comes to end of January and the cup tie v Ross County. 

The following are all out of contract this year:

Mbulu, McHugh, Cadden, Frear, Grimshaw, Bigi, Gorrin, Main, Livingstone, Maclean, Maguire, Gordon, Turnbull, Hastie and Scott. Most of the reserves are, but I just added the More prominent ones. George Newell too.

I think it’s a given that Main, Bigi, and MacLean are going to leave, and I’d be surprised to see Gorrin after this season.

When loaning our Maguire (and Gordon and Hastie) the chat from the club was so that they can “kick on” in the summer, so I’d assume we’re offering them something and that we’re confident they’re going to take it.

I think both Cadden and Turnbull are gone, and we’ll just have to see what comp we can get.

Frear, Grimshaw, McHugh and Mbulu could all be interesting. I’d think that Robinson would be all about keeping McHugh, but don’t know about the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, fizoxy said:

The following are all out of contract this year:
Mbulu, McHugh, Cadden, Frear, Grimshaw, Bigi, Gorrin, Main, Livingstone, Maclean, Maguire, Gordon, Turnbull, Hastie and Scott. Most of the reserves are, but I just added the More prominent ones. George Newell too.

I think it’s a given that Main, Bigi, and MacLean are going to leave, and I’d be surprised to see Gorrin after this season.

When loaning our Maguire (and Gordon and Hastie) the chat from the club was so that they can “kick on” in the summer, so I’d assume we’re offering them something and that we’re confident they’re going to take it.

I think both Cadden and Turnbull are gone, and we’ll just have to see what comp we can get.

Frear, Grimshaw, McHugh and Mbulu could all be interesting. I’d think that Robinson would be all about keeping McHugh, but don’t know about the others.

Pretty much agree with that and I think Newell will also be offski.  Mbulu - raw but shown promise and was beginning to settle in to first team football.  A lot will depend on the nature and extent of his eye injury and we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for him.

A lot is going to depend on Robbo's future plans.   Is he going to persist with the long ball or change our style of football slightly?   That might depend on the quality we can bring in or more likely on those coming through our youth ranks.  We have lost a bit of physicality this year and he may want to improve that.  He'll also want to watch the likely direction of travel of our rivals and try to counteract them.  Will he replace like with like?  The signings he makes in this window may give us a clue as to his rebuilding intentions.  Many questions but few answers as yet.

Just heard that Ryan Bowman is off.  Presumably we'll receive a "Five figure fee" for him  

Even though he wasn't good enough i'm still a bit sad to see Bowman go. You won't see many players who can match his commitment and effort and he managed to injure someone from about every team in the league.

At least half a dozen burst noses and zero red cards!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2