The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

So much for the "men in the know" with McCormack being in the bag. Just hopefully we havent shot our load too early and the likes of Hibs havent beaten us late in the day. 

A bit harsh. It’s definitely been an excruciating wait. I’ve been clicking the news now refresh button today far more than a normal January day.

I don’t think it’s fair to shoot the messenger though. All it serves to do is make those who do hear some inside news and willing to share it as they heard it, clam up.

Never claimed to be in the know - reliable information isn’t as freely given on the strength of the posts like the administrators’.  Aligns with how the club do its’ dealings. Being a little cryptic serves to protect sources and annoy the sycophants on here.

2 hours ago, MearnsWell said:

...and the Record just reporting he has to get a medical/fitness assessment on his knee, with us hoping to tie up deal by weekend.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ross-mccormack-closing-motherwell-return-13803906

No gonny lie don’t care about his fitness just get him to sign n then we decide eh. Can’t bare the suspense plus David says it’s a done deal so 

7 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Never claimed to be in the know - reliable information isn’t as freely given on the strength of the posts like the administrators’  Moderators.  Aligns with how the club do its’ dealings. Being a little cryptic serves to protect sources and annoy the sycophants on here.

Fixed it for you Fritz, the admin team on here are clueless.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, supermarv said:

No gonny lie don’t care about his fitness just get him to sign n then we decide eh. Can’t bare the suspense plus David says it’s a done deal so 

Something being wrong with his knee that would keep him out for a large chunk of time is the only thing that could scupper it I think. Obviously if he can't play that changes everything.

But as far as another team coming in and beating us to him or whatever, that won't happen. The deal is done on that front, he's coming to us. 

• Like 1

What I see is bringing may be right or totally wrong: 

2 strikers - presumably McCormack n Dykes who can also play wide 

Another 1 or 2 wingers depending on where Robinson sees Dykes playing 

A Left Back 

Possibly a Centre Half for cover on loan as Hartley and Donnelly seen injury prone and same with Mbulu 

And a Centre Mid who can link up the play, possibly on loan as Tanner will be back March / April. 

And Sammon Oot

20 hours ago, supermarv said:

What I see is bringing may be right or totally wrong: 

2 strikers - presumably McCormack n Dykes who can also play wide 

Another 1 or 2 wingers depending on where Robinson sees Dykes playing 

A Left Back 

Possibly a Centre Half for cover on loan as Hartley and Donnelly seen injury prone and same with Mbulu 

And a Centre Mid who can link up the play, possibly on loan as Tanner will be back March / April. 

And Sammon Oot

Tanner's out for the season, I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Has there been any chat to suggest Turnbull will be moving on this transfer window or is everyone assuming he will be away as he has done well last couple of months

More the fact his contract renewal discussions have stalled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

That's probably down to his agent and the" David has done well, broke into 1st team etc, so I think he should get more cash" conversation.

I’d be surprised if we haven’t offered him a very good offer for what we can afford but he will get better offers from other bigger  clubs willing to take a chance on him which I think he will be advised to take. 

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think there is any chance of Sammon leaving.

Nae reason why, just a feeling. Can't mind the club suggesting anything either.

Surely he’s got realise he has no chance of getting a game and has rarely appeared up until December for us. Think it’d be best for both parties for us to say cheers baldy, fuck off now.

32 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Surely he’s got realise he has no chance of getting a game and has rarely appeared up until December for us. Think it’d be best for both parties for us to say cheers baldy, fuck off now.

From his perspective, he's as well sitting on our bench as Hearts' bench.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

From his perspective, he's as well sitting on our bench as Hearts' bench.

Absolutely.  He's got little chance of getting a game with us but none with Hearts.  Going by his limited gametime so far he's well down Robbo's pecking order.  However he (Robbo) may wish to leave things be until he finds out which other strikers will be with the club at the end of the month unless business is concluded early.  In any event we don't know whether there is a break  clause in the loan deal this month.  

25 minutes ago, supermarv said:

From my understanding we tried to cancel the loan deal during the season but we had to wait until January. And apparently what we would be paying for McCormack is less than what we would pay for Sammon.

Wow, that sounds like a hell of a good deal.