The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

47 minutes ago, mfc said:

I've been really critical of robinson this season but fair play too him here,he has said recently he wants too try and change the way we play(time will tell if that happens) but this signing is a step in the right direction and with the talk of pace and width being needed,we might be in for a more than decent january window.fair play too everyone at the club for pulling this one off, welcome back roscoe.

canny wait to see how he reacts to having the ball launched at him at face height from the edge of our own box :-)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

Happy to see this get over the finishing line. Welcome back Rosco.

I see that Preston signed Stockley from Exeter after Bowman's arrival. Wonder if we can Louis back on loan :)

Just the thought of Moult/McCormack is Vinegar Stroke Inducing! lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

canny wait to see how he reacts to having the ball launched at him at face height from the edge of our own box :-)

You're assuming that he's playing as a striker and not a defensive left wingback.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You're assuming that he's playing as a striker and not a defensive left wingback.

Maybe he'll move up front when he's earned the right.......

• Like 1

McCormack in, Bowman out is a big step in the right direction.

I just hope we don't have a similar situation to the Ciftci signing last season where the guy was so far off fitness it wasn't until the end of the season that he started looking like a player.

Very exciting to sign a player of such quality, credit to Burrows, Robinson and McCormack for making such an audacious transfer materialise. There is naturally a nagging doubt over his injury/fitness but I’m happy for the club to take such  a ‘risk’ rather than sign multiple plodders.

In other transfer news, disappointed to read Alfie is away. That’s a few of the young ones away this month. 

25 minutes ago, daver said:

Exciting signing that we can only hope works out. Interesting wait now to see who the next signing is. There's not been many names mentioned so looks like being someone out of the blue (unless it's Calvin Miller or the QotS boy).

I’d add Josh Tymon into that list of ones that've been talked about. However, apart from those three it’s seemed very quiet.

7 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Calvin Miller next. Good player. 

Hope not. Not good enough defensively to be a left back and not any better than Frear as a winger. 

Would much rather give Adam Livingstone a run of games. 

14 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Hope not. Not good enough defensively to be a left back and not any better than Frear as a winger. 

He’ll do a job could cut in from the right aswell, theres a reason he’s a Celtic n signed a 4 year deal give him a chance 

16 minutes ago, Dezz said:

This.

I mean Calvin Miller is probably ahead of Livingstone as a player right now but there is a reason for that, we've not played Livingstone.

Bringing in Calvin Miller for 5 months on loan just sets Livingstone even further back and long term makes no sense.

Anytime,I've seen miller,he doesn't look good enough,he can also play out wide but what would be the point in bringing hastie back too have his chances potentially limited by a loan signing from celtic...no thanks.

I don’t really understand the need for a left sided defender. I understand we have a few injuries but by my reckoning we have a few players who can play LB/LWB or even the left of a back 3. We have Livingstone, Dunne, ATS, Donnelly and Tait who can all do a job there. 

Looking at the season so far I’d rather we used the limited funds we have to strengthen middle to front because our lack or creativity and ofcourse goals is the reason we are where we are. 

Horrendous choice if we do indeed bring in Miller. He wont be able to play against Celtic, has always looked little more than average when Ive seen him and Dundee fans I know dont rate him highly.

But the main reason has been said, we already have a project player - Adam Livingstone! Why stunt his development to bring in a Celtic Youth player who will fuck off in May?