The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

1 hour ago, stevie_mfc said:

I don’t really understand the need for a left sided defender. I understand we have a few injuries but by my reckoning we have a few players who can play LB/LWB or even the left of a back 3. We have Livingstone, Dunne, ATS, Donnelly and Tait who can all do a job there. 

Looking at the season so far I’d rather we used the limited funds we have to strengthen middle to front because our lack or creativity and ofcourse goals is the reason we are where we are. 

It's a right sided player we need.

19 minutes ago, superward said:

Think you are right. SPFL rules read like only allowed 1 loan from another Scottish Premiership club at any one time (what a lovely read they are by the way)

11 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

As far as I can see st mirren and Livingston both have more than one loaned from premiership clubs at any one time

I’m sure that if they are under 21 or something u can take them on loan which would apply for us to have both Sammon and Miller 

16 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

As far as I can see st mirren and Livingston both have more than one loaned from premiership clubs at any one time

I see st Mirren have 3 players on loan all over the age of 21 so don’t think it applies but I do know there is a max of 5 loans I’m sure 

Dont know the rules buf common sense would suggest any one team in the league cannot loan more than one player to any other team in the same Division.

Otherwise , as an example, with Celtic being challenged by Rangers, Celtic with a massive squad loan three players each to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock so they can play against Rangers but not Celtic.

Or, if there is an affinity between two clubs or Managers, a club in trouble like Dundee borrow 5 players from from Aberdeen and they then catch us.

And can you imagine the implosion up here if Liverpool had loaned Solanki, Clyne, Matip and a few others to Rangers this January in addition to Kent who is already at Ibrox.

All very unlikely to happen but there has to bs a limit just in case. Maybe lower within the league than cross border

11 minutes ago, daver said:

Did Rangers not bring in 5 players on loan from Newcastle (including Bigi) a few years ago? That must have been taking things to the limit.

Because that is from another league. You can only loan one player from a team in your own league i.e. one Celtic player, one Hearts player, etc, etc.

Maybe as someone suggested earlier there are exceptions up to a higher limit if the players involved are U21? I remember the Rangers Newcastle dealings as well. Rather than performance I think that was all about Ashley reducing the wage bill at his big club and ripping of Rangers at the same time.

Otherewise I'm sure Mark McGhee would have losded our team with top players from Bayern Munich and other German clubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Because that is from another league. You can only loan one player from a team in your own league i.e. one Celtic player, one Hearts player, etc, etc.

Yeah, I had assumed that. There must be a limit to cross-border loans though. I'm guessing 5 or Ashley would have pushed it further in Rangers' case.

If it is miller, which i hope it's not. Why recall Jake Hastie from Alloa?  as mentioned, surely developing Hastie is far more important, with Frear as back up than a Celtic youth product for the next 6 months. Same goes for playing him at left back, develop Livingstone with ATS as back up. Be a very underwhelming signing, in both short and long terms for me, surely Robinson and burrows realise this?

• Like 2