The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

19 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

If it is miller, which i hope it's not. Why recall Jake Hastie from Alloa?  as mentioned, surely developing Hastie is far more important, with Frear as back up than a Celtic youth product for the next 6 months. Same goes for playing him at left back, develop Livingstone with ATS as back up. Be a very underwhelming signing, in both short and long terms for me, surely Robinson and burrows realise this?

I’ve heard another name from Celtic 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, one m in motherwell said:

I’m sure I saw someone mention Hayes a few days ago. Wouldn’t be averse to that but  can’t see it.

The other one of them being touted for a loan is Hendry, but he’s utterly rotten. 

The Dons fans seem to think they are getting Hayes & Allan as part of a deal that will see McKenna join Celtic.

2 hours ago, one m in motherwell said:

I’m sure I saw someone mention Hayes a few days ago. Wouldn’t be averse to that but  can’t see it.

The other one of them being touted for a loan is Hendry, but he’s utterly rotten. 

He's off to Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Ariyibi, whoever he is

Another forward. Played with McCormack at Leeds (well, he was there at the same time -- only made 2 first team starts, according to Wikipedia). Also capped at U20 and U23 level for USA.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/01/07/nottingham-forests-gboly-ariyibi-joins-on-loan/

From looking at a few youtube clips he looks quick, likes to go wide, not afraid to ping a shot and is fairly creative, kind of reminds me of Jamie Murphy. Basically everything we have been lacking. Wither he will be good at any of these things for us is another question. 

Signed for Forest for £500k 2 years ago. Lightning quick Right Winger. Sounds promising

With neither Ariyibi & McCormack being out and out target man type strikers, are we looking at a change of style? Please god say its so

• Like 1

For all the names mentioned, this deal is completely out of the blue.

I like it when we manage to keep our business under wraps, all the leaks seem a bit unprofessional (although they do keep things interesting).

It's nice to add a bit of pace - we've been missing the sort of out and out pace that terrifies defenders and makes teams change their shape since Johnson and Humphrey before that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Signed for Forest for £500k 2 years ago. Lightning quick ***Right Winger***. Sounds promising

With neither Ariyibi & McCormack being out and out target man type strikers, are we looking at a change of style? Please god say its so

Ahh, that's the part I'm been skimming the posts and press release for!! (Can't view the videos at work in case it's mentioned on there). As alluded to previously it would have seemed a bit odd (albeit entirely Motherwell-esque) to add a left-winner just when Frear re-emerges and Hastie returns on loan. 

Know nothing about him but good at least that positions we all know strengthened do appear to be getting ticked off one by one.

22 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Signed for Forest for £500k 2 years ago. Lightning quick Right Winger. Sounds promising

Robinson said recently that he was looking at changing our style and use this transfer window too help achieve that,hopefully he sticks too his word but adding a pacy winger and the obvious quality that mccormack brings,the signs look promising so far,I wouldn't be surprised if we sign another attacking option and hopefully punt sammon back to hearts.

Doesn't look as though we can expect a lot of goals from him but he looks speedy and we've been crying out for a quick winger. Going by the video posted above he's not scared to take a player on but he could be doing with improving his crossing. We were never going to sign the finished article but it looks as though there's plenty to work with. It's certainly more promising than Calvin Miller.

Also, the video is from his Chesterfield days so he may have improved his final ball since then.

I remember there being quite a bit of a buzz about this lad a few years back in league 1 and even as recently as last January, he was rumoured to be coming on loan to Charlton.

Both of his loan moves last season were bad ones as both Northampton and MK Dons were utterly woeful. There’s no doubt the boy has talent but as said above, he’s had some injuries that have stunted progress whilst suffering from being in some pretty poor teams.

I wonder if his an Ross Mac’s arrival will signal a 4231 formation for the remainder of the season?

This window is starting to look like a very positive one.

McCormack - Need I say more.. The second coming.

Ariyibi - Fits the pacey winger/flair player category we have all been yearning for. We've traditionally done well with pacey wingers from down south so let's hope this goes the same way..

Still on the wishlist? I'd suggest we should be in the market for another defensive option with Maguire going out on loan. As well as this I'd like to see us get another striker in, suppose this very much depends if Sammon leaves. Another attacking midfielder or wide player would also be nice.

One thing I am aware of is reliance on the loan market, especially with the amount of boys we have who are out of contract in the summer. We could be seeing another massive turnover of players in the summer, which is a good or bad thing depending what way you look at things. Hopefully if we do bring anyone else in they will be permament acquisitions. To be fair I think it's fairly expectional circumstances being able to capture someone like McCormack on loan so it is fair doos.

In terms of outgoings, I'd like to get a shot of a few but realistically I think we should be pushing to terminate Sammons loan and offload Bigi if we can. Hopefully that would then free up some wages to bring others in.