The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

20 hours ago, wellowell said:

Have a feeling still that Sammon might go to St Mirren or Thistle and we bring in another target man , but maybe that’s just wishful thinking . Luton also saying even though no manager still hoping to bring players in this week so could Main be a possibility or is that just even more wishful thinking.

An awful lot of wishful thinking. Main is not good enough to get in the Luton team

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, Haggischomper said:

We said that about Main the last time he needed a goal. He got one but, obviously, the pickings have still been slim since. Beginning to wonder if maybe he's just shite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

he might be shite , and I cant possibly disagree, buy how the feck did he make the suns team of the day  ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Listening to the St Mirren manager today and his expectation that before Thursday he will get " a big centre forward" I get the feeling Sammon will be heading to Paisley.

Add in in the big man`s absence from our bench yesterday and the signs grow stronger he is leaving.

Time will tell. 

20 minutes ago, livivoice said:

Listening to the St Mirren manager today and his expectation that before Thursday he will get " a big centre forward" I get the feeling Sammon will be heading to Paisley.

Add in in the big man`s absence from our bench yesterday and the signs grow stronger he is leaving.

Time will tell. 

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.28b333a0b24fb614d9d0de3b8f273aa8&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f3orieTfp1MeFLiBQR2%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=Ch%2bvxNU%2be%2b%2fQFWUboy0K%2fg

10 minutes ago, gdalli10 said:

I’d like to hear a rumour or something. Feel free to make one up. If someone wants to post that Anichebe has just starting following us on twitter I’m all for it.

Darren bent was in Glasgow earlier this month, seem to recall him talking to faddy might be something in it...

They’ve sent a scout to the Royal Rumble tonight. I’m not impressed though, cos with Wrestlemania on the horizon I just can’t see them getting up for Killie away. If they come back with Zack Ryder I’ll be furious, it would be a shambles. I think burrows should resign.

Players who haven't started the last two games

Hartley 

Mbulu 

Taylor-Sinclair 

Livingstone 

McHugh

Bigirimana 

Frear

McCormack 

Sammon 

Johnson 

Scott

Unless someone becomes available that we would like for next season, at 14 points clear of relegation, surely it would be irresponsible to spend money on wages just now and would possibly block the path of any young players getting game time in the games remaining...

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Hartley 

Mbulu 

Taylor-Sinclair 

Livingstone 

McHugh

Bigirimana 

Frear

McCormack 

Sammon 

Johnson 

Scott

Unless someone becomes available that we would like for next season, at 14 points clear of relegation, surely it would be irresponsible to spend money on wages just now and would possibly block the path of any young players getting game time in the games remaining...

If a decent striker is available at reasonable cost I hope we'd bring him in.  I get what you're saying Greg  but a place higher up the league will net us another £80k.  No point though in just bringing in another jersey filler.  A lot will also depend on who, if anyone, we can move on.   

7 minutes ago, Yassin said:

We've got 5 first team strikers, play 1 upfront, and people want us to sign more?

And how many of those 5 are scoring goals? Of those 5, one (Scott) is young and inexperienced, another is nowhere near fit and won't be for some time; and another (Johnson) is not suited to playing as a lone striker.  We need to get rid of some to balance the books of course we do, but the issue is one of quality not quantity.   Robbo himself said that he's looking for another  striker and left back.  

Yeah the gap makes good reading . Few more wins and we should be fine . As many are saying chance to see if some other kids can break through . Scott and Livingston come to mind as think there the closest . But it has to be balanced with the fact we need to get as high up the league as possible as the money will be needed more than ever due to early cup exit . So bit of a balancing act . We can now look to next season . I’m not saying we are safe but at least we have a big gap between us and two bottom teams . Not the worst position to be in . We can maybe start to look the players  who are out of contract as well . So all in all the 3 wins have given us some breathing space to sort out above issues/situations . Fairly relaxed about the position we’re in compared to a few weeks ago when we looked like relegation contenders . I like many want to see as many of our own kids in the first team but it has to be measured against the finances/league placing  this season 

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Hartley 

Mbulu 

Taylor-Sinclair 

Livingstone 

McHugh

Bigirimana 

Frear

McCormack 

Sammon 

Johnson 

Scott

Strong reserve side playing over in Hamilton today, Mbulu, Livingstone, Bigi, McCormack, Taylor-Sinclair and Donnelly all starting.

I actually think the manager will have been quite happy with Main's contribution the past few games. Sure, he's not scored, but his holding up of the ball, tireless running, pressuring of defenders and suchlike has allowed the midfield more space to do their thing.

If he can add a few goals to his game then that would obviously be awesome, but I think he'd done the job asked lately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Strong reserve side playing over in Hamilton today, Mbulu, Livingstone, Bigi, McCormack, Taylor-Sinclair and Donnelly all starting.

Good game where we ran out 3-1 winners, Bigi with a cross cum shot that went over the keeper and into the postage stamp Scott with a 20 yard rasper  and McKinstry slotting home a through ball under the keeper. All in all a pretty good game.

Mbulu went off injured early on      Bigi strolled it       McCormack got 75mins under his belt     Donnelly went to CB when Mbulu went off injured and tbf looked pretty decent there.

ATS didnt appear for the 2nd half ??!!

The young CB Hussain looks pretty good on the ball as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David said:

I actually think the manager will have been quite happy with Main's contribution the past few games. Sure, he's not scored, but his holding up of the ball, tireless running, pressuring of defenders and suchlike has allowed the midfield more space to do their thing.

If he can add a few goals to his game then that would obviously be awesome, but I think he'd done the job asked lately.

He does all that tireless stuff but does he really hold it up?  He certainly occupies the defenders but there isn’t a lot of link up play.

Time for Jamie Scott to get his chance and after Grimshaws performance on Saturday  I would put Tait back to right back and bring in Livingstone. Let the rebuild start on Saturday but with our youth players getting a chance to show what they can do especially at home 

• Like 1

I’m fine with the same starting 11 that’s won the last 2 games starting again but obviously Main as a number 9 just isn’t going to do next season. 

If Main, Sammon and Newell were to move on this window I’d be absolutely fine with that, but would probably need a target man number 9, even on loan, before Sammon and Main could move.

I wasn’t expecting to see McCormack before the Livingstone game but am kinda expecting/hoping to start seeing him contribute meaningfully from the Hearts game on the 17th onwards. Hopefully!

Thank goodness it doesn’t appear that we’re going to have to rely on him to save us!