The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

46 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Time for Jamie Scott to get his chance and after Grimshaws performance on Saturday  I would put Tait back to right back and bring in Livingstone. Let the rebuild start on Saturday but with our youth players getting a chance to show what they can do especially at home 

and if we do all that and get beat !!!!!!!!! yill b wantin the manager oot before sunday nite, !!!!!! :whistling:

1 hour ago, ropy said:

He does all that tireless stuff but does he really hold it up?  He certainly occupies the defenders but there isn’t a lot of link up play.

He's the best we have in that role at the moment I think, and as long as we keep getting results and looking half decent I'm happy enough. 

14 hours ago, Yodo said:

Time for Jamie Scott to get his chance and after Grimshaws performance on Saturday  I would put Tait back to right back and bring in Livingstone. Let the rebuild start on Saturday but with our youth players getting a chance to show what they can do especially at home 

I would agree with you there as tbh Grimshaw is a good player and a grafter but not really a finesse player very tough around the edges and can often have a couple good games then many shite ones. Can remember against St Mirren at home the young lad Erahon at LB had him on toast the whole game. I do like him but would like to see what Livingstone can do and could maybe see McCormack sneaking in a start.

McCormack had better be no where near  a start , unless he has miraculously delivered 4-5 weeks fitness improvement in a week , he was hiding on the pitch when subbed on last week , should never have got on in a match , that the players had bust a gut , was an insult to all that have put the effort in , if anything he deserved to be hooked back off, a terrible choice that night and weeks from deserving a start

• Like 1

It looks as though the signing of McCormack is going to be a bit of a bust unfortunately. I was excited when I heard he was signing, but it seems he'll be spending much of the rest of the season trying to get fit, and will get a few cameo appearances at best before his loan deal finishes and he leaves quietly at the end of the season.

I think it's a bit early to describe the signing of McCormack as 'bust'. Give the guy time,  Robinson made it clear that he wasn't fully fit when he came in.  There is still alot of games to be played this season. In regards to his last sub appearance against Hibs, Robinson put him on the left wing. Wasn't the brightest idea given his fitness situation. I'm not sure you are ever going to get great workrate out of him in that position. That isn't what you sign a 32 year old with that quality for.

Overall,  I'm hopeful there is still some business to be done before Thursday's deadline. In terms of goals we are still severely lacking. Obviously we will be hoping McCormack gets fit and can chip in but I still think we need another striking option.

The only proven natural goalscorer we seem to have is Johnson, it's clear he can't play himself up front. Main has a proven track record of not being able to score goals. Sammon likewise minus a purple patch many moons ago. Scott is untested. I'd like to see us bring in another option upfront, something a bit different with an eye for goal would be nice. I'd also like another defender in still. We have a  lot of players out of contract in the summer, it would be nice to get a couple of permanant deals in with that in mind. Also, we need to start getting guys tied down where possible.

• Like 3

kind of wondered when he signed, whether or not mccormack would end up like Naismith, not in terms of what he offered us, but if he was to come up here, eventually start playing and more importantly enjoying playing football again, we could see the loan extended til the end of his villa contract (2020) a whole load of ifs, buts and maybes in there but villa are obviously happy just to have him away from the club, maybe not keen on the wages for another full season right enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Once Cadden is fit that will be 4 legitimate first team starters that have come through the ranks. Another step in the right direction.

Watched Maguire at the Thistle game Saturday. He looks like another to follow shortly. Within 12 months we could be looking at 7 of the 10 outfield players having come through the ranks.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

Maguire's wasn't in that cup winning team was he, would have loved all of them to come through, even big Mackin.

Motherwell: Long, Watt, McMillan, Ferguson, Hall, Campbell, MacLean (Hastie 90), Turnbull (Leitch 71), Mackin (Falconer 77) Thomas, Cadden. Subs: Morrison, Livingston.

With a bit of luck the Turnbull signing could turn out to be tremendous business for all concerned.

Think that will be it for us in this window, unless we can get some guys off the books in the next day or so. We should have enough to keep us in the top league for another season and start a more serious restructure of the squad in the summer.

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

BBC gossip has Rangers looking to send Rossiter out on loan, assuming he is off the treatment table mentions a few clubs interested, wonder if we are sniffing about. 

feck sake naw ,,,,, unless he brings his own treatment table on loan as well :whistling:

Fantastic news re turnbull. Seals his immediate future with us with the potential for decent income further down the line.

Cant say i know much about rossiter but really don't see the logic in a potential deal there..... Decent pedigree but frankly untested at this level. Plus we've a generally bloated midfield and don't like the sound of a loan deal to get him fit for rangers next term.

I think our transfer dealings are done for this window tbh and all things considered it's not looking bad. Turnbull extension, ariyibi looks the part so far and we all know what an asset a fit McCormack would be. A Hastie contract extension would be nice too!!

53 minutes ago, The African said:

With a bit of luck the Turnbull signing could turn out to be tremendous business for all concerned.

Think that will be it for us in this window, unless we can get some guys off the books in the next day or so. We should have enough to keep us in the top league for another season and start a more serious restructure of the squad in the summer.

Mate we are already as good as safe.