The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

4 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Hartley having a medical at Hibs. We must've agreed a few. Doing well moving players out so far today. Hope to see a couple arriving. Usually these boards are awash with rumours but it's quiet.

Hopefully he can pass the medical.

Aldred, Dunne, McHugh and Donnelly is plenty cover for centre half until the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hopefully he can pass the medical.

Aldred, Dunne, McHugh and Donnelly is plenty cover for centre half until the end of the season.

And Mbulu

I guess that also means Hibs couldn't keep Ambrose.

34 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I guess that also means Hibs couldn't keep Ambrose.

He left weeks ago, no?    Literally just saw the story about him coming back, apologies.

Be amazed if this Hartley move is anything more than Twitter nonsense.

Bit of a weird one regarding Hartley. Been a great character and given us some great memories in his time here.

On the other hand he's been unfit for ages and has said some right daft things during press conferences. If he's a big earner and we get a fee for him I say we take it and put McHugh in centre defence til the end of the season.

If the Hartley rumour is true i’m not  sure I would actually be that bothered. He’s never really produced this season and just seemed to hoof the ball from out of defence most of the time, might be more about Robinson. However I would now rather see McHugh playing there in truth.

If Hartley does go to Hibs, I would imagine we would have to seriously look at trying to get Aldred to sign a permanent deal in the summer. Beyond that, would it fre up enough cash to allow us to strengthen our squad elsewhere with a quality player onloan? Probably getting a bit late in the day for that.

Pretty sad to see us signing nobody and other clubs round about us and even Killie signing some promising players on loan. Like Goss just signed for StJohnstone and some Canadian international signed for Killie from Liverpool both on loan but would be a quick stop gap for us to sign a young promising player not costing much. 

6 minutes ago, The African said:

to Hibs, I would imagine we would have to seriously look at trying to get Aldred to sign a permanent deal in the summer. Beyond that, would it fre up enough cash to allow us to strengthen our squad elsewhere with a quality player onloan? Probably getting

We should be doing everything we can to get Aldred signed up regardless of anything else.

8 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Pretty sad to see us signing nobody and other clubs round about us and even Killie signing some promising players on loan. Like Goss just signed for StJohnstone and some Canadian international signed for Killie from Liverpool both on loan but would be a quick stop gap for us to sign a young promising player not costing much. 

We have young promising players of our own...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Not sure i’m actually that bothered at this stage given we are as good as safe, it would be a brave individual to still be stating we could go down. Start the strengthening with permanent signings in the summer now for me, different situation if we were in the relegation mire. Why not just give our other young players some game time now.

• Like 1

I’m not really fussed what other clubs do. Our lineup is pretty set, save a striker and a left back (and even those could prob wait until the summer). We’re not really chasing for anything so don’t see the point of throwing money around.