The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

20 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I would second that, excellent interview that maybe showed Robinson has not always been given enough credit. I think he has actually managed the young players really well.

Credit for what? Signing rubbish players ,getting us put out the cup with his selection .He was backed into a corner and his last throw of the dice was to bring in the young boys that should have been involved in the league cup games ..Only good decision he has made was not signing anybody in the window he now has the chance to give the likes of Livingstone ,Scott ,Mckinstrie some game time .

40 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Credit for what? Signing rubbish players ,getting us put out the cup with his selection .He was backed into a corner and his last throw of the dice was to bring in the young boys that should have been involved in the league cup games ..Only good decision he has made was not signing anybody in the window he now has the chance to give the likes of Livingstone ,Scott ,Mckinstrie some game time .

People really need to calm down with this McKinstry stuff man, no need to rush the lad in hes Motherwell at heart and probs won’t leave. Just let him progress at the right speed like Turnbull and the rest for example. He will get his time if that’s next season or the one after, he’ll get some minutes near the end but we have other young players ready to come through first such as Liam Brown etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

He has always stated he would not rush young players and doing so could damage their development, he is still saying the same thing. Turnbull was brought in at the right time, Hastie sent out to gain experience before being given his chance. He has done the same with Maguire. He could have rushed Scott but again is making sure the timing is right, same with Livingstone. You state last throw of the dice, I would say good management and not bowing to pressure from the likes of yourself months ago. The only “young boys “he brought in was Hastie by the way, Campbell has always been given a chance by Robinson and he understands like any young player he will have his ups and downs. He also brought Gorrin back in who you have stated in the past was yet another rubbish Robinson signing because you were so desperate to see him play any young player while dismissing anyone he signed.

• Like 1

I remember saying on this thread during the summer that I suspected the reasoning behind the re-signing of the likes of Rose and Grimshaw and 1 year deals for the new signings was to make weight and mark time for the youth coming through.

It just might be coming to fruition.

11 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

I remember saying on this thread during the summer that I suspected the reasoning behind the re-signing of the likes of Rose and Grimshaw and 1 year deals for the new signings was to make weight and mark time for the youth coming through.

It just might be coming to fruition.

I’m afraid Robinson can’t win with one or two whatever he does.

• Like 1

I think it means we’re doing a better job of enticing local talent to sign with us rather than the ugly sisters or anyone else. 

As per the article listed earlier, a lot of the players coming through now have been with the club for 10 years or so. So there’s a lot of folk to credit, starting with who spotted them at the age of 9, through to who signed them, then who developed them at each age level. We should keep this in mind when evaluating changes to the club structure, it could be a decade before we see the fruits of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Going slightly off topic, but seems a lot of the boys coming through are Motherwell fans as well? Turnbull, Campbell and Cadden are all apparently ‘well fans.

Dunno what if anything that means, but interesting all the same...

Campbell and cadden weren’t well fans growing up but it’s fair to say they understand what the xlubs all about being here that long

9 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Campbell and cadden weren’t well fans growing up but it’s fair to say they understand what the xlubs all about being here that long

I thought Cadden was no? He always seems to talk like he is a well fan. Not entirely sure about Campbell however but he seems to have a real desire and passion for the club 

7 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Campbell is definitely not a well fan, I'm sure it was mentioned in an interview with Turnbull and himself with craigan. 

Campbell is definitely a well fan. He mentioned before cup final last year about what it would mean to win the cup with the club he supports. 

Caddens dad Stephen was on the books as a youth as was Stuart McKinstrys, all well fans. 

Not that it really matters but Cadden is from a Celtic supporting family and I would imagine would have supported them before he joined the club. I didn't think Campbell was local to the area (could well be wrong) so would be surprised if he was originally a supporter. 

What matters is that they are now supporters by dint of them being at the club so long.

Another aspect of our young players coming through is the message it sends to the parents and advisors of the young kids out there today, those who are weighing up their options. If we can start to cultivate a reputation as a club that gives youth a proper chance it could benefit us down the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1