The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

6 minutes ago, Yodo said:

It's a funny one went to Braidhurst supports Celtic but will sign for Sevco .Lets hope he makes the right decision and stays with us 

well hes been with us since he was 9 so hopefully he stays, as for celtic and braidhurst  feck them ,,,, thers a lot of mixed up kids at these " non denominational " schools now 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Bart Verheul said:

I was in the east stand and there were a few boos when the teams were being read out. I'm sure though there was a slight baws up with that and hastie was actually read out as number 28 and turnbull wasn't even mentioned.  (This may have been my middle aged ears playing tricks on me though) 

So I'm going to take an ultra positive view on it, that the fans who did boo were suffering from OCD and the fact that the team lines were read out wrong enraged them enough to react. 

I think this is the situation in a nutshell - Speedie read out "28 David Hastie" and there was a bit of pantomime booing at the error.

Why would it be his last game? We haven't taken that position with other players who have signed pre contracts and Declan Gallagher is still playing for Livi even though we have apparently have him tied up.

We are only in contention for the top 6 because of Turnbull and Hastie's goals. We need to play the strongest team possible.

23 minutes ago, TwistAndShout said:

Have it on very good authority that Hastie will sign a pre-contract with Rangers this week, and that Saturday was his last game for the club....

If he signs a pre-contract with anybody I'd still be putting him in the team every week until he has a bad game. That's what the "pre" in pre-contract entails. While we're paying your wages, you need to keep working for us.

Why would it be last game surely the more games he plays the bigger the compensation so don’t see that happening and no reason why it should. Jones still playing fir Killie and even scored against Rangers so would be very petty of Motherwell to drop a player just because leaving at end of season . Should Celtic drop Boyata , Dons drop Shinnie as they are also not signing new deals of course not you play your best team no matter what we are playing for top 6 .

1 minute ago, TwistAndShout said:

I don’t necessarily agree with that stance, and as it happens I don’t see it being his last game either. 

However, I was told he’s signing a pre contract this week and won’t play again. 

I would love to be wrong, but the information came from someone at the club. 

We heard this from the sun days ago. Its not really new ?  Even clubs sometimes get rumours. Turnbull in news today asking him to stay.

12 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

We heard this from the sun days ago. Its not really new ?  Even clubs sometimes get rumours. Turnbull in news today asking him to stay.

I was told it’s not a rumour but fact by someone within the dressing room, so as far as I’m concerned it’s new information.

I really hope he’s going to change his mind though based on guys like Turnbull chatting to him before it’s done and dusted.

Edited by TwistAndShout

43 minutes ago, TwistAndShout said:

I was told it’s not a rumour but fact by someone within the dressing room, so as far as I’m concerned it’s new information.

I really hope he’s going to change his mind though based on guys like Turnbull chatting to him before it’s done and dusted.

Hope so. If its guy from dressing room, its more valid. Yes hope Turnbull and his other pals/ team mates make a difference.

Feels like its going on longer than brexit. 

3 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

If its a done deal why would Turnbull be asking him to stay? So to me that says its not a done deal yet.

A good question.  Its becoming increasingly clear to me, somewhat sadly, that someone somewhere isn't being honest and telling the truth to the fans.  

3 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes suspect club knows more and no statement yet. Hope he chooses working with mates and guarantee of 1st team football. Then to leave for much bigger club down south. Just really want to gind out for certain before I buy a Hastie jersey.

Someone from the club (Alan Burrows or Stephen Robinson) said publicly, a day or two ago, that no discussions had taken place at that time. 

41 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A good question.  Its becoming increasingly clear to me, somewhat sadly, that someone somewhere isn't being honest and telling the truth to the fans.  

Brendan Rodgers said goodbye to the Celtic players than right afterwards Scott Bain had to do a press conference where he feigned ignorance of the situation.

We only get PR lines through the media.

In general, it's just bad business to discuss deals, prospective deals or general speculation. 

Nothing is done until a contract is signed. (And in the case of pre-contracts being signed, even those aren't binding until the real contract is signed in the summer).

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In general, it's just bad business to discuss deals, prospective deals or general speculation. 

Nothing is done until a contract is signed. (And in the case of pre-contracts being signed, even those aren't binding until the real contract is signed in the summer).

This ^

Bearing in mind we have to address the issue of The h**s paying the required compensation. They do have a history of 'forgetting' to pay their debts. or was that a different club, I forget...

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Bearing in mind we have to address the issue of The h**s paying the required compensation. They do have a history of 'forgetting' to pay their debts. or was that a different club, I forget...

Like most others on here I haven't a clue as to Hastie's situation.  However rather than deny true rumours (if that is the case) it would be better surely to have a consistent line of "No comment".  By saying that no untruths are told and enquiring parties are none the wiser either way.  

If Hastie were to leave for another Scots club, the two sides discuss compensation based on an initial offer, no doubt around £50K. Then, if they don't agree it goes to a tribunal.  

6 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Like most others on here I haven't a clue as to Hastie's situation.  However rather than deny true rumours (if that is the case) it would be better surely to have a consistent line of "No comment".  By saying that no untruths are told and enquiring parties are none the wiser either way.  

If Hastie were to leave for another Scots club, the two sides discuss compensation based on an initial offer, no doubt around £50K. Then, if they don't agree it goes to a tribunal.  

Is there not a formula involved for calculating the compensation based on how many years the player has been developed by the club and how many first team appearances they have had etc?

I think we would be due significantly mire than £50k.

Did we not get somewhere in the region of £800k from Leeds for Lee Erwin? I seem to recall being surprised that it was more than we got for Murphy.

We should definitely be playing him whilst he is contracted to us. If the other club wants him rested then there should be a suplementary payment involved.

There's a FIFA formula, and some associations (like the English FA) have their own formula. The English FA allows for payments for things like sell-on fees and promotions, but I believe the FIFA one is just a single payment.

Interestingly, when I was googling for the formula, one example from the English FA is a certain Anthony Straker:

ANTHONY STRAKER

Anthony Straker joined Aldershot aged 18 having been released by Crystal Palace and went on to make in the region of 200 appearances in the Conference and League Two.   He rejected a new contract, and aged 22 signed for Southend United on a two year deal.

The PFCC decided that Southend United should pay Aldershot an initial compensation fee of £17,500.

Additionally, Southend United would  pay an additional £5,000 if they won promotion to League One during the two year contract.

Southend will also pay Aldershot 20% of any profit it makes from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

Adding to the above, there are different rules when player's contracts have expired and the player is moving to a club in the same association, so it's quite possible if Hastie does move to Rangers after his contract is up, we might end up with the bare minimum payment.

It seems that calculation is specific to each assocation, so I presume SFA rules apply.

Lee Erwin was changing associations and moving to a higher tier club, so the calcuation applied there was more benficial to us.