The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

7 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Is there not a formula involved for calculating the compensation based on how many years the player has been developed by the club and how many first team appearances they have had etc?

I think we would be due significantly mire than £50k.

Did we not get somewhere in the region of £800k from Leeds for Lee Erwin? I seem to recall being surprised that it was more than we got for Murphy.

We should definitely be playing him whilst he is contracted to us. If the other club wants him rested then there should be a suplementary payment involved.

Erwin we got about 400k.

Murphy was sold for 100k, not compo at the end of his contract

A couple of similar examples in Scottish football but at the same time both not exactly comparable to the same situation as Jake would be. Lewis Ferguson to Aberdeen has been brought up recently (c200k) but he was only  trained by Hamilton for 4 years and  played 13 times before moving. Charlie Telfer to Dundee Utd (£170k) is a bit more similar from a training perspective (full youth career at Rangers) but he only appeared once for Rangers. 

For more than the obvious reason....we want Hastie, if he chooses to go, to go down south to the likes a Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Adding to the above, there are different rules when player's contracts have expired and the player is moving to a club in the same association, so it's quite possible if Hastie does move to Rangers after his contract is up, we might end up with the bare minimum payment.

Thats right.  IF a player went to a club like Sevco, they would offer a ridiculously low figure, to which we would not agree.  Some considerable time afterwards the issue would be remitted to some kind of official panel, who would then adjudicate.  In the case of Lewis Ferguson the figure arrived at, supposedly £237,000, was between Aberdeen and Accies figures.  Accies felt hard done by. IF however, a player goes to an English club then other calculations are used.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

And from a risk perspective, the team doesn't have to pay the money up front, so a team like Sevco could stiff us for even a small fee.

Not exactly as bad as you suggest per the SPFL rules dated 8 October 2018. There are time limits.

"Unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs concerned, such agreed terms being set out in writing, signed by both Clubs and lodged with the Secretary, the balance or balances of Compensation, plus VAT at the standard rate, must be paid within 28 days of the date of publication of a Compensation Tribunal determination or, when an award in appropriate terms has been made by the Compensation Tribunal, of the occurrence or the relevant event or events. The Board may require interest to be paid on any balance or balances of Compensation from time to time due for payment and not paid until paid in full, at the rate of 2% above the base lending rate of the Bank of England as same may vary from time to time compounded on the first day of each calendar month"

Elsewhere they specify that prior to the Tribunal, when the player is registered by the new team......

"In the event of the two Clubs concerned not reaching agreement on the amount of any Compensation payable, the new Club must, on the date of Scottish FA Registration or, if later, on the date of any first offer of Compensation, pay to the Player's former Club at least 50% of the highest amount offered or, as the case may be, offered, plus VAT at the standard rate. All offers of Compensation shall be in writing and shall be copied to the Secretary by recorded delivery post when they are sent to the Player’s former Club. In the event that the amount of Compensation ordered to be paid by a Compensation Tribunal is less than the amount previously paid in terms of this Rule F9 or if no Compensation is ordered to be so paid then the Club which has received such payment shall be liable to forthwith repay as a debt the amount overpaid or, where no payment is so ordered to be paid, the amount paid, to the Club which made such payment."

So in the case of Ferguson to Aberdeen, Accies were entitled to receive the balance of the full fee of £237950 no later than 28 days from the Tribunal finding. And should earlier have received  £50k  (Half of what Aberdeen offered) when Ferguson was registered as a player by Aberdeen in time to play against Burnley.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, Well Up For It! said:

I don't get this Kipre is definately away chat. 

Kipre has just completed his first full season as a pro and he will want to stay playing week in, week out for his development. Should he leave us this summer, that isn't guaranteed. He will still be with us until at the very least January, but see him being here until next summer. Have complete confidence in that. 

Said a few weeks back, the only player we would be losing that we want to keep is Carson. Back in the middle of April I heard a pretty concrete rumour of Hull and Cardiff both being very keen with the latter the more likely destination. 

Nah, Kipre definately away

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, smiddy said:

yip ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

grimshaw ,  been offered a 2 year deal …...

sorry yodo,,,,,,, as I said 2 years , don't know if its crossed wires as I was told 2 but aw well am happy with 1 because that will basically be a 3 year rolling contract, I know how you think heez a great player and you luv him:whistling:

Great news re Grimmy. He may not be as technically gifted as some would like, but his attitude is spot on and you never get less than everything he has got. Ive really enjoyed his marauding runs up the right of late. Great energy and legs to have in the team.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Barry Ferguson in news today advising Jake may be better at Well and listing quite a few wingers Sevco got on books already. Also mentions Kent possibly staying at Sevco.

Id be amazed if Kent doesnt stay, guy is a cracking player, prob too good for Rangers, but not good enough yet for Liverpool. With the Gerrard connection I cant see them loaning him anywhere else.

Hastie would be far better staying here then moving in a year or so, but then his agent makes less than with a free transfer this summer and another free when Rangers release him in a couple years

On 3/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, smiddy said:

sorry yodo,,,,,,, as I said 2 years , don't know if its crossed wires as I was told 2 but aw well am happy with 1 because that will basically be a 3 year rolling contract, I know how you think heez a great player and you luv him:whistling:

Recent form has been good but he isn't consistent enough a squad player only .Tait is our best RB so it's a left back we need and have done since Steve hung up his boots 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 11:54 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Cos I saw him playing for the Under 20s and Hastie and Turnbull were the stand out players in a good team.  ANYONE that watches the Under 20s will tell you the same.

It's nothing to do with hindsight.  These guys have turned the season around, no one was expecting them to do this well and have the level of impact that they have but it remains a mystery as to why the two best youth prospects at the club went into the 2nd half of the season out of contract.

And the supporters that booed Hastie today need to take a long hard look at themselves.....especially as probably about half of them are fair weather guys.

I can tell you plenty players who looked the real deal as youths and came to nothing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Recent form has been good but he isn't consistent enough a squad player only .Tait is our best RB so it's a left back we need and have done since Steve hung up his boots 

It's been difficult for Grimshaw to show any consistency for much of his time at Motherwell simply because he's rarely had the run of games needed to be able to show consistency.  It's perhaps no coincidence that his two best spells at the club, towards the end of his original loan and now,  have come after he's been selected regularly for a good 7,8,9 or however many games in succession.

I can't disagree that Tait is the best right-back at the club currently and that left-back remains a position to be filled, but right now it's Grimshaw's position to lose and the more he plays there the more comfortable and accomplished he looks in the role.

6 hours ago, Shaka said:

Id be amazed if Kent doesnt stay, guy is a cracking player, prob too good for Rangers, but not good enough yet for Liverpool. With the Gerrard connection I cant see them loaning him anywhere else.

Hastie would be far better staying here then moving in a year or so, but then his agent makes less than with a free transfer this summer and another free when Rangers release him in a couple years

True Kent class act. Not good enough for Klop but easillly above spl standard. Also Gerrard connection. Pool also got promising young  quick wingers not getting game though will be spl standard.Given Jones has had more experience/ Also other experienced wingers. For development. It makes sense Jake stays and evolves to the star he can be.

18 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Also Thanks Grimshaw for signing! Top man! Not man utd youth captn for nothin .

Yes he was Utd youth captain but couldn't make it at OT so was sold on for a 6 figure fee to Preston and couldn't make it there either . Has found his level now at a SPL team as a squad member and at the moment enjoying a run in the team .When we finally sign a left back he will return to the bench being Man Utd youth captain is no guarantee of being a great player 

I can’t say i’ve been a huge fan of Grimshaw and a few months ago would have advocated letting him go, just too inconsistent. However since getting a run of games he’s  a different prospect. The position seems to suit him and that in itself is a surprise but it’s working so I don’t see why we need to change it just because. He’s the right age and should carry on improving so it’s all good for me.

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Yes he was Utd youth captain but couldn't make it at OT so was sold on for a 6 figure fee to Preston and couldn't make it there either . Has found his level now at a SPL team as a squad member and at the moment enjoying a run in the team .When we finally sign a left back he will return to the bench being Man Utd youth captain is no guarantee of being a great player 

its deffo a pleasure to see him playing well, and annoying the life out of you yodo hahahahah long may it continue 

• Like 1