The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Has Hastie been confirmed anywhere?

Seen this from Scott Mullen, only 3 hours ago.

Scott Mullen @scottmullen87

Hearing talk of Jake Hastie's move to Rangers being pretty much done aren't quite on the mark. Club still haven't given up hope of him staying at Motherwell. Believe several others looking at him.

• Like 1

I think we should hold fire on commenting on Jake Hastie until there's an official announcement.  Someone is spreading fake news either by accident or design.  When quoting salary figures its important to bear in mind that higher salaries presumably also attract very high rates of tax ie 40% or 45/46%. 

Good news about Adam Livingstone.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

What does "Acceptable" mean?

We made him an offer - and even sold Bigi to free up cash in the budget.

He declined.

How do we make it "acceptable"? Offer him more money than a senior player? Match Sevco's offer? 

We made Moult an offer too, but he still moved on. So that wasn't acceptable either.

Sometimes, it's just not possible, and there's not a club on the planet that has been able to hold on to every player they want to keep.

Weeyin, you are being deliberately obtuse! The point was an acceptable offer PRIOR to his first team exposure ie last year!

As I myself have pointed out, an offer of an additional year and an extra £200 a week made last summer, with the promise of a new contract offer should he meet his targets would have been snapped up by Hastie and would have protected our investment, all for an additional sum of £10k! But we decided to spunk probably 5 times that sum on Connor fucking Sammon instead!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think we should hold fire on commenting on Jake Hastie until there's an official announcement.  Someone is spreading fake news either by accident or design.  When quoting salary figures its important to bear in mind that higher salaries presumably also attract very high rates of tax ie 40% or 45/46%. 

Good news about Adam Livinstone.

The club isnt going to announce ANYTHING on Hastie until after the season has ended! Until then, we get to develop Rangers next reserve team stalwart, when we should actually send the boy to train on his own down Strathclyde Park. He's gone, the pish about the club not giving up hope is just smoke and mirrors

And as for the Tax issue? A lot of players have it written into their contracts that the weekly sun is Net, and a lot more create Limited Companies where the pay goes to and they take tax free "dividends" and pay 20% on the rest

If he is on 14k a week then I am delighted. What that means is that if they can pay that to a player that is no more than a good prospect then it will not be long until they are bankrupt again and we will be rid once again of this despicable football club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sinjy said:

If he is on 14k a week then I am delighted. What that means is that if they can pay that to a player that is no more than a good prospect then it will not be long until they are bankrupt again and we will be rid once again of this despicable football club.

Agreed! Anyone but ugly sisters. Also if on higher wages then development fee must reflect this.  

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

The club isnt going to announce ANYTHING on Hastie until after the season has ended! Until then, we get to develop Rangers next reserve team stalwart, when we should actually send the boy to train on his own down Strathclyde Park. He's gone, the pish about the club not giving up hope is just smoke and mirrors

I did wonder about that.  IF Jake Hastie was to sign a PCA with another club, it occurred to me that management at FP might "protect" him.  IF again, he was to sign for another club, I would bear him no ill will but would not play him and instead play lads who would be with us for next season to test them out and give them experience.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I did wonder about that.  IF Jake Hastie was to sign a PCA with another club, it occurred to me that management at FP might "protect" him.  IF again, he was to sign for another club, I would bear him no ill will but would not play him and instead play lads who would be with us for next season to test them out and give them experience.   

There are other players who may not be with us next season, do we drop them all?  Let’s get the best out of them while they are here.  Test the youngsters out from the bench.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

There are other players who may not be with us next season, do we drop them all?  Let’s get the best out of them while they are here.  Test the youngsters out from the bench.

will we get the best out of him if its already a done deal ? or will he peedle along giving us 60% and making sure he doesn't get injuried for next season

14 hours ago, Shaka said:

Meanwhile we've got a left winger who will leave in the summer and a centre back that will likely not come back if any option is available to him down south.  So that's at least three of our players training on their own :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, smiddy said:

will we get the best out of him if its already a done deal ? or will he peedle along giving us 60% and making sure he doesn't get injuried for next season

If he doesn’t perform he doesn’t play

I'm not sure about all this "pre contract" stuff. isn't it still a contract ? They should stick to the transfer windows. it really makes it awkward for the club that's going to be loosing the player and can put them at a disadvantage if they end up playing the team the player is going to. Either have it where you can transfer whenever or you  an only transfer ( and conduct associated transfer business ) in the specified windows.  I'm not even sure that having transfer windows is legal ??  Why can't a player change employers when they want to if both employers can agree on terms?

It depends on the exact contract details, but many pre-contracts aren't worth much - as some players and clubs have discovered in recent times when one or other party has reneged. They are more like conditional offers of intent. 

Some details on what is and isn't enforceable are discussed here.

20 hours ago, Yassin said:

Well done the club on signing up Livingstone. Must have been some feat given how apparently nigh-on impossible it is to tie down academy players.

It's almost like the players that want to stay accept our offers. 

58 minutes ago, Yassin said:

It's almost like players want to stay if we don't wait until the Old Firm and half of England try and sign them first.

It's almost like the players' agents talk to other clubs for months and keep it a secret from you so you have no idea of the timing of any of the offers our youngsters receive.