The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

We’ll have offered Cadden better terms then he is already on to secure compensation. In terms of form and career progression, his injury can’t at a real unfortunate time. It will be interesting to see what his options are, will an English club be willing to pay the previously reported £600k? 

I was previously of the view that he had to move for his own career development. Given how Robinson has transferred the team since Christmas though, the prospect of Cadden playing in an attacking role alongside Campbell and Turnbull is an enticing one. Would be nice to have the three of them together for a year, unlikely though. 

1 hour ago, mfc88 said:

I agree I'd love to see cadden in a more advanced role instead of the wing back role he's been forced to play for most of the time under Robinson. Great to see him back yesterday and I really hope we can retain him.

Agree with him in front of Tait we'll be strong down the right hand side.

Are people forgetting Cadden has been flattering to deceive for a quite a while?

The fact that we've won these games without him shows he's not really been missed.

Ariyibi wasn't at the races yesterday but unless he has a sustained spell of poor form I don't see how Cadden even gets in the team.

And next season we will need to sign a 'proper' winger because Cadden isn't one.  He's not a full back either and the centre of midfield is just fine with Campbell, Turnbull and Gorrin.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Are people forgetting Cadden has been flattering to deceive for a quite a while?

The fact that we've won these games without him shows he's not really been missed.

Ariyibi wasn't at the races yesterday but unless he has a sustained spell of poor form I don't see how Cadden even gets in the team.

And next season we will need to sign a 'proper' winger because Cadden isn't one.  He's not a full back either and the centre of midfield is just fine with Campbell, Turnbull and Gorrin.

Didn’t think Ariyibi did much wrong when on the ball he did his usual but maybe not seen enough of the ball to be effective in the game but the double change did make the difference.

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Millwall, Blackburn and Wigan are interested in signing Gorrin according to the Daily Record. 

Maybe the reason we are interested in Fané. However I would be gutted if we lost him as I think he is a class midfielder. Brings a great balance to the team. 

Another player who’s status has risen very quickly, not that long ago I was one of the few who felt if given a run in the team he had something to offer, many seemed to have already written him off. 

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Another player who’s status has risen very quickly, not that long ago I was one of the few who felt if given a run in the team he had something to offer, many seemed to have already written him off. 

Well, I reckon the club should’ve known how good he was when they signed him.

Why didn’t they see it !!??!!

They should’ve offered a 3 year deal and a loyalty card at tinto tapas ...... how could they have got this so wrong !!??!!

I think he would’ve definitely signed for longer in the summer on the offer of the loyalty card.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having seen Gorrin play in the A league for Wellington, it was clear that he had ability, but not a given that he could adapt to the tempo and pace of the Scottish game. The dealwe offered of a year with the option of a further year iftargets were met makes perfect sense in such circumstances.

13 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Millwall, Blackburn and Wigan are interested in signing Gorrin according to the Daily Record. 

.An agent doing what he is supposed to do putting his player in the papers ,He is not good enough to play in the championship and if he goes we won't miss him .

It's going to be a case of rip it up and start again in the summer.

Looks like at least half of this current XI is not going to be here next season and most of them are players that have been crucial to the turn around.  You'd also be daft to think clubs would be circling around Turnbull just cos he signed a new contract.

It's going to be another big summer for Robinson and he'll need to do a lot better than last time.

Re-signing Gorrin is actually quite a big deal I think, so I for one hope it happens.

Then what were you doing?

There were 2 ways you could’ve commented on your quick stay check. I would’ve chosen to take heart from the blokes game count.

You interpreted a negative and conveyed it in your usual passive aggressive manner but this time with a hilarious attempt at humour.

so what was the point you were making? Or were just cracking an unfunny?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gadgey said:

Then what were you doing?

There were 2 ways you could’ve commented on your quick stay check. I would’ve chosen to take heart from the blokes game count.

You interpreted a negative and conveyed it in your usual passive aggressive manner but this time with a hilarious attempt at humour.

so what was the point you were making? Or were just cracking an unfunny?

It was just a throw away line at the fact our striker has 1 goal in 19 matches.

Untwist your knickers.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Looks like at least half of this current XI is not going to be here next season and most of them are players that have been crucial to the turn around. 

You could well be right.  I think the defence will be pretty much ok, its the midfield and strikers where we might see most movement. 

Up front Sammon will definitely move on as will George Newell. Danny Johnson has a year left but looks to be out of favour and doesn't suit our current playing style, so could be moved on.  Curtis Main is out of contract and I suspect he'll move on. So we could be looking a completely new stikeforce with a still raw James Scott waiting on his chance.

In midfield its possible that quite a few from Cadden, Frear, Turnbull, Gorrin, Campbell, McHugh and Hastie will move on.  I think this will be the area of biggest change for us.  So it might be prudent to give a promising and talented youngster like Reece McAlear some time on the bench before the season comes to an end.

As always time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Looks like at least half of this current XI is not going to be here next season and most of them are players that have been crucial to the turn around.  You'd also be daft to think clubs would be circling around Turnbull just cos he signed a new contract.

It's going to be another big summer for Robinson and he'll need to do a lot better than last time.

Re-signing Gorrin is actually quite a big deal I think, so I for one hope it happens.

I think for a club our size it's almost always going to be a case of a fair chunk of players leaving in the summer. We deal in one year contracts and loan signings much of the time, so it's the nature of the game.

Where we're making progress is in the players coming through from the academy, as we've got most of the current first-team prospects on decent deals. Alan Campbell and David Turnbull  until May 2021, and a few others as well from what I've read.

We bolster the team with a few more signings on one year deals and on loan, and continue to develop our own. Hopefully a few of those speculative signings work out and we see another Moult or Cedric and we can then benefit from them and cash in when the time is right.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

You could well be right.  I think the defence will be pretty much ok, its the midfield and strikers where we might see most movement. 

Up front Sammon will definitely move on as will George Newell. Danny Johnson has a year left but looks to be out of favour and doesn't suit our current playing style, so could be moved on.  Curtis Main is out of contract and I suspect he'll move on. So we could be looking a completely new stikeforce with a still raw James Scott waiting on his chance.

In midfield its possible that quite a few from Cadden, Frear, Turnbull, Gorrin, Campbell, McHugh and Hastie will move on.  I think this will be the area of biggest change for us.  So it might be prudent to give a promising and talented youngster like Reece McAlear some time on the bench before the season comes to an end.

As always time will tell. 

Delve a little deeper. There are more than a few currently ahead of Reece McAlear...

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Delve a little deeper. There are more than a few currently ahead of Reece McAlear...

I don't get the chance to watch our reserves/Under 20s so I can only presume you're referring to the likes of Liam Brown?