The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

5 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I think we have done business exceptionally early in the close season, not the Motherwell way in times gone past, the club would sign players as close to the limit so as not to have to pay them over the summer when there was no turnover. Changed days.

A lot of players also won't commit early in the window cause they're still waiting for that phone call from their agent to tell them Melchester Rovers or some other massive club are interested.

5 minutes ago, CSmith said:

That journo Alan Nixon reporting that Hull are in for Kipre. Also claims he’s “cheap,” so I’m not sure how much he thinks we value him at. 

Cheap in English Championship terms is probably still a lot of money to us...

Cedric should aim much higher than the lower reaches of the English Championship. With previously being on the books at PSG and Leicester I don't see his head being turned either.

Genuinely believe he has the right attributes for an established EPL club or one on the continent, perhaps back home.

I think both parties would benefit from another year. This year was Cedric's first professional first team season,  think what he can do with another year under his belt.

I'd be looking for well north of a million pounds, the attributes he has are the most sought after in the modern game. Put that with his potential and youth pedigree I'd be really disappointed if we don't hold out for a record incoming fee.

53 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

We’ve seemingly rejected a bid from Hull for Kipre. IIRC, they made a number of bids for Scott McKenna in Jan without ever offering serious money. 

Hull won’t be offering more than £200.000 so a none starter. He could go for a million if he stays for this season.

3 hours ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Cedric should aim much higher than the lower reaches of the English Championship. With previously being on the books at PSG and Leicester I don't see his head being turned either.

Genuinely believe he has the right attributes for an established EPL club or one on the continent, perhaps back home.

I think you're kidding yourself on about how good Kipré is...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Maybe not prem quality as of yet, 100% potentially and most likely will be in the future but I do that we should be looking for at least 1 million, considering his age aswell. Jack hendey signed for Celtic for 1.5 million...

28 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Early, early days for a centre half, he’s only going to get better and in two/three years premier league quality.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Surprised nobody has said he could benefit from another season of getting elbowed in the face by Kris Boyd and the like before moving on.

Once he's savvy enough to not get elbowed in the face by Kris Boyd, his work here is done.

Wax on. Wax off.

4 hours ago, CSmith said:

Now the sun are reporting that our price for Kipre is £1 million and we are trying to get Aldred on a permanent deal. The papers really do get their news from forums don’t they?...

Was there not some strong rumours on here that Aldred had no desire to stay here beyond the summer? 

Aldred returning would be a good move. He  fitted into our system without any problems and is a very decent player at our level. I would love to see him back at Fir Park, but not as a perceived replacement for Cedric. They are very different players. For what it is worth, Cedric, imho, is a special talent, with the power and pace to make it to the higher reaches of the modern game. We will have to let him go at some stage in the not too distant future, but we can continue to develop him and knock the rough edges off his game. As such, when we do come to sell, we should be looking for seven figures plus and add ons. If he goes on to bigger and better things, then we need to cash in on that to. Hopefully we can watch his rise knowing our club played a part in his success and benefited accordingly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Maybe we get a little excited yes, but make no mistake, if the big man was playing for Celtic they would be looking to make him their nxt £10million profit, and would probably have raised his profile with Southampton already. Maybe not this summer but in another season or two

As has been mentioned, Kipre possess everything that is required to be a modern day defender, tall, strong, quick, comfortable with the ball at his feet. of course he is prone to an error but it's his first season as a professional which many forget. Not only that, he's managed an international call up and i suppose the cup finals too also add to his value, played on massive stages infront of massive crowds under pressure. A lot more than many players in his position can say. 

I'm guessing the new players we brought in plus the new contract for McGuire were to make sure we're covered if someone like Kipré moves on. I doubt we'd be bringing Aldred back for the reasons mentioned above.

I've seen it discussed earlier however, personally, I'm not 100% sure of how we are intending to set-up next season. 

I don't think Robinson will look to change anything too dramatically however we have some bodies that seem a little out of place.

I'd imagine it'll be: 

-----------------------------Carson 

-----------------Kipre-------Hartley------Dunne 

Tait-------------------------------------------Taylor-Sinclair

---------------------Campbell---------------------

------------Cadden--------Tanner

----------Main --------- Bowman 

Subs: 

Gillespie

Mcguire

Donnelly

Grimshaw

Rose

Mchugh

Gorrin

Bigirimana

Frear

Turnbull 

Johnson

We do seem to have too many options in the middle of the park so we must be looking to unload at least 1 I'd imagine...

We could also be doing with another striker as back-up.

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

IF Kipre departs this window we will almost certainly look to bring in another central defender. 

With Donnelly and McGuire for cover, I'm not sure we need another central defender. Plus Dunne's preference (and arguably better) positon is central defender, so he could slot in there and Taylor-Sinclair on the left.