The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

I'm not pretending I'd be a huge fan of signing Sammon, but to put him on a par with Bowman is ridiculous. Sammon has English Premier League, Championship and International experience.  We're the highest level Bowman has ever reached.

Sammon is pish,i would be really disappointed if we ended up with him,I'd much rather we gave one of our youngsters like scott a chance too be more involved in the first team squad than sign a diddy like sammon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Really hope it's not Sammon. Far too similar too what we already have. IMO we need a striker with a better technical ability

If it's Bowman out, Sammon in, fine, Sammon is probably a bit more technically accomplished and arguably a better goalscorer so you are coming out on top there.

If it's Bowman and Sammon, in addition to Main then my heart sinks a bit at what's in store.

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm not pretending I'd be a huge fan of signing Sammon, but to put him on a par with Bowman is ridiculous. Sammon has English Premier League, Championship and International experience.  We're the highest level Bowman has ever reached.

Dont often disagree with you, but,its not who or where he has played that matters, its how successful he has been. Clue is Levein wanting rid. Very much hope this is "fake" news

As much as I am not a fan of Sammon (my Hearts supporting friend suggested he was the worst ever Hearts signing) I will certainly give him the chance to hopefully get his early Killie days form back and SR has always stated that he wants players that he can make better, so hopefully the Irish connection might work on Connor......if this is true we are signing him.

I can confidently predict that if we sign Sammon, he will be the new Michael Higdon.

Or the new Theo Robinson.

(He was stand-out piss poor in the play offs).

Well it's official about Sammon, but when you read about his goals per minutes of football at Partick Thistle he is not as bad as everyone thinks so maybe in decent team he might do ok, as I said in a previous posting I will certainly back him until he misses a sitter in his first game or miss controls a pass..

Given the managers fixation on the number of crosses we get into the box it doesnt seem unreasonable to sign a player that can head the ball. Whether that brings any more goals than last season or is more entertaining remains to be seen.  An underwhelming signing at first viewing. Will just need to wait and see what Robbo can get out of him.

• Like 1