The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Gadgey said:

Didn’t Robinson say the other week that it would take the new signings time to adjust to the pace of the Scottish game?

It’s possible that this is the reason and we see more of Gorrin as time  progresses ?

I watched the Clyde game on BT and Craigan made exactly that point. He said that during the week they had played a bounce game and it was the first time that Gorrin looked up to speed. You could also assume that Bigi, Turnbull and Maguire were involved and didn't impress.

I'd heard about this earlier today. It's genuine.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3016665/motherwell-cedric-kipre-wigan-1m-deal/

ON THE MOVE 

Motherwell star Cedric Kipre set to join Wigan in stunning £1m deal with Stephen Robinson resigned to losing him

SunSport understands the Fir Park defender is discussing personal terms with the Latics and is preparing to have a medical with the English Championship side

By Derek McGregor
2nd August 2018, 6:42 pm

MOTHERWELL stopper Cedric Kipre’s set to join English Championship side Wigan in a stunning £1 million deal.

SunSport understands the powerful Ivory Coast star – a free transfer capture from Leicester City only a year ago – is discussing personal terms and preparing for a medical.

Cedric Kipre in action for Motherwell

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW

Kipre’s played 51 games for Well but boss Stephen Robinson is now resigned to losing him and it’s understood has already ruled him out of Sunday’s Premiership opener against Hibs.

It’s a stunning rise for the 21-year-old who was identified by Fir Park head of recruitment Martin Foyle and developed by Robinson who has worked miracles at the club on and off the park.

Hull City had a £250,000 bid for Kipre rejected earlier in the summer and Robinson made it clear the asking price was £1 million.

Now Wigan – managed by Paul Cook – have met that valuation with a sizeable down-payment and additional payment clauses which ultimately could net that seven-figure sum for the Steelmen.

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I'd heard about this earlier today. It's genuine.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3016665/motherwell-cedric-kipre-wigan-1m-deal/

ON THE MOVE 

Motherwell star Cedric Kipre set to join Wigan in stunning £1m deal with Stephen Robinson resigned to losing him

SunSport understands the Fir Park defender is discussing personal terms with the Latics and is preparing to have a medical with the English Championship side

By Derek McGregor
2nd August 2018, 6:42 pm

MOTHERWELL stopper Cedric Kipre’s set to join English Championship side Wigan in a stunning £1 million deal.

SunSport understands the powerful Ivory Coast star – a free transfer capture from Leicester City only a year ago – is discussing personal terms and preparing for a medical.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW

Kipre’s played 51 games for Well but boss Stephen Robinson is now resigned to losing him and it’s understood has already ruled him out of Sunday’s Premiership opener against Hibs.

It’s a stunning rise for the 21-year-old who was identified by Fir Park head of recruitment Martin Foyle and developed by Robinson who has worked miracles at the club on and off the park.

Hull City had a £250,000 bid for Kipre rejected earlier in the summer and Robinson made it clear the asking price was £1 million.

Now Wigan – managed by Paul Cook – have met that valuation with a sizeable down-payment and additional payment clauses which ultimately could net that seven-figure sum for the Steelmen.

If it’s a million it’s fantastic business for the club for a player still to develop. Get Aldred back and permanently signed as a replacement if possible if this goes through.

I'm assuming we signed Donnelly and Taylor-Sinclair in the knowledge we'd be losing Dunne or Kipre this window. We also have McGuire - although not this weekend.

Add McHugh into the mix, and we still have numbers. Maybe worth looking at a 6 month loan, I guess, if we can find a speed merchant.

The start of the season has just got harder ,Cedric away Bowman out for months and the new players still settling in it doesn't look good . I don't think we have strengthened the team from last season all we have done is bring in bodies to fill squad numbers no quality has been added .Hope the board give Robinson some of the cash from any transfer to get players in ,first in the door if Cedric leaves should be Tom Aldred its all wait and see but it's certainly not the start to the season I was hoping for 

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm assuming we signed Donnelly and Taylor-Sinclair in the knowledge we'd be losing Dunne or Kipre this window. We also have McGuire - although not this weekend.

Add McHugh into the mix, and we still have numbers. Maybe worth looking at a 6 month loan, I guess, if we can find a speed merchant.

Donnelly and ATS are not an improvement on any of our defenders in fact Donnelly is a step back the way and ATS is miles off the pace 

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If Kipre goes as it seems he will we are going to need to bring in another centre half fairy quickly in my view. Hartley is not fit and Dunne is out for weeks.I’d be very surprised if Robinson is not already putting a deal in place.

11 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Donnelly and ATS are not an improvement on any of our defenders in fact Donnelly is a step back the way and ATS is miles off the pace 

They both haven't been in the club for long and you are already writing them off. Dunne didn't have a good start either and took time to get up to speed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Yodo said:

They were signed to give us some depth, not as improvements on Dunne, Kipré, Harltey etc.

Were you one of the posters moaning about Dunne this time last season?

• Like 1

That is fkin depressing on almost every level if true. 

Yes fantastic value for a player that cost us nothing, but with other injuries etc we could be missing half a 1st team at Hibs. 

Not only that most of the money goes to previous owners. The sooner we pay them off the better. 

If he goes I hope he becomes the player we know he could be with a bit more experience 

If Kipre goes then he will need to be replaced long term with a similar style of central defender with physique and pace.  He'll be a big loss.

As for Sunday ?????  Dunne out; Kipre "unavailable"; McHugh struggling with injury; and Maguire suspended.

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

If Kipre goes then he will need to be replaced long term with a similar style of central defender with physique and pace.  He'll be a big loss.

As for Sunday ?????  Dunne out; Kipre "unavailable"; McHugh struggling with injury; and Maguire suspended.

I heard Cadden and Carson are doubtful and with Campbell suspended and Kipre possibly away. If we get anything from Sunday it could be a minor miracle.....

Just now, The African said:

I suppose £1 million plus add ons for Cedric would be acceptable. The final line of the Sun article suggests it would be a down payment and then possible add ons making it up to seven figures. That sounds like selling on the cheap to me.

Agreed. As a minimum I'd be looking for a down payment of £1m plus add ons.

23 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I heard Cadden and Carson are doubtful and with Campbell suspended and Kipre possibly away. If we get anything from Sunday it could be a minor miracle.....

You and MJC should get together for a party......that would be a lot of fun.....

46 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

At the start of last pre season we played 2 centre half’s  one in each half at Stirling … both played well but we did not have budget for both

We couldn’t agree money with the more experienced one (who looked the better on the day) and we signed Cedric

The other one went back to the French 2nd Div I think

Wonder what he’s up to now