The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Just now, The African said:

I suppose the only issue is, can we play him up until the 1st January? If injury would scupper his move, it might put the player in a difficult position.

I don't know but if he is rested it would be a nice gesture by Vancouver to pay his wages intil 1 January.

Good luck to Andy Rose. An underrated player very much under appreciated by sections of our support. Put in the hard miles for the team allowing others to play. Probably only truly appreciated by his team mates. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Good Luck to Andy Rose, took a lot of pelters on the forum and certainly not the flashiest player but put in a good shift a lot of the time which allowed others to play. 

Goodbye Andy Rose.

It seems to me you lived your life

Like a candle in the wind (or something)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope people on here have taped the  Celtic game during the week. Watch Andy Rose in the 73rd minute take the ball on the right wing with no one beside him. He AMBLES 10 yards with the ball before a Celic player takes it off him . He is garbage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've never been a big fan of rose but he played his part in getting the club to 2 cup finals and for that,i wish him nothing but the best for the future,hopefully we can get a few more out the door in january and shake the team up a bit.

• Like 1

Hope people on here have taped the  Celtic game during the week. Watch Andy Rose in the 73rd minute take the ball on the right wing with no one beside him. He AMBLES 10 yards with the ball before a Celic player takes it off him . He is garbage. 

That'll be the same Andy Rose just back from injury and subbed on after 5 minutes, having to play virtually the full game in a midfield that spent majority of its time chasing the ball. I remember the incident you are talking about and it was obvious he was physically spent.

As others have said, not the most talented going forward, but put in excellent defensive shifts, allowing others to play. Seeing as we are picking up on isolated incidents, find a clip of Moults chipped goal v Hearts last season and watch whose initial challenge led to Tait getting the ball to Moult.

Fully appreciated by team mates if not some of the experts in the stands.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Goodbye Andy Rose.

It seems to me you lived your life

Like a candle in the wind (or something)

Good to see I am not the only one doing corny jokes........good one weeyin.

Ps.   Apparently he said farewell to all the girls in the office today....they were so pleased as they got a 'Kiss from a Rose'........hope that joke gets SEAL of approval.....ba boom

19 minutes ago, David said:

Ironically, he's moving to play at a higher level in January.

So you think that playing for Vancouver whitecaps is a higher level, ok . The MLS is where good players go to boost their pensions and shit players go to hide and steal a wage convincing people they can play

• Like 1

Andy Rose has had limited impact this season, in part due to injury and maybe others like Bigi, Turnbull and Gorrin coming through.  Perhaps too it was part of the masterplan to gradually phase him out, in the knowledge that he would only be with us until Hogmanay - who knows.  At any rate the midfield dynamic is already changing and there's no-one amongst the current senior players who can replicate that role.  Rose reminds me very much of a young Keith Lasley but with more athleticism, but less grit.  Not in any way showy, but hovers around to cover up for other more gung ho colleagues' errors.   My overall view of his time with us is that whilst he never set the heather on fire he did a passable job, most of it off the ball.   Not our worst signing by any means but far from our best.   Still, it gives Robbo some time and money (he must have known about Rose's move months ago) to plan for a new player in the upcoming window. 

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

So you think that playing for Vancouver whitecaps is a higher level, ok . The MLS is where good players go to boost their pensions and shit players go to hide and steal a wage convincing people they can play

It's probably, roughly, about the same level but slower and less physical. 

Just now, Spiderpig said:

I'm guessing you've maybe not watched MLS in a good few years? The standard today is certainly higher than that of the SPFL I'd say, and the quality of players there is also higher for the most part.

Vancouver Whitecaps may not be the greatest side in the league, but the league overall is higher quality than the SPFL I'd think. Rose will also be playing in front of over 20,000 fans at home games on average, and the average wage pisses all over most of what Scottish football can offer.

It's a move up, both footballing-wise and definitely a move up lifestyle-wise, despite what we may think here in Scotland.

35 minutes ago, David said:

I'm guessing you've maybe not watched MLS in a good few years? The standard today is certainly higher than that of the SPFL I'd say, and the quality of players there is also higher for the most part.

I'd beg to differ.

It's a strange mixture of young college kids (who aren't as good as our good U20s players) and old pros heading for retirement. I love watching football at all levels from non-league to Champions League and I still find MLS the most difficult to enjoy.

• Like 1

My “local” team would possibly be Atlanta utd (about 6 hours away) and they are getting crazy attendances in the 50k+ range, in only their second season. So the money is there. There are some players who would be standouts in our league, but others who wouldn’t get a game for us, summed up by the fact a team is excited about signing Andy rose.

I’m the same as weeyin, I watch all sorts of football, but MLS just doesn’t work for me for some reason.

Overall he gets to live where he and his family wants to, and gets to play at a decent level at the same time, so good move for him.

I don’t think he is as bad as some people make out. However I also don’t think he will be as big a loss as others make out either. 

Some of the worst midield performances of recent years have involved teams with Rose in the middle. 

When we are chasing a game and behind he offers nothing however as a man marker and some to do the dirty work in a game he is decent enough. 

He can be badly let down by his mobility and quite often seems to tire very easily. However always gives 100%. 

Definately a really top bloke though so all the best but not gutted he has gone on a playing front.

8 hours ago, fizoxy said:

My “local” team would possibly be Atlanta utd (about 6 hours away) and they are getting crazy attendances in the 50k+ range, in only their second season. So the money is there. There are some players who would be standouts in our league, but others who wouldn’t get a game for us, summed up by the fact a team is excited about signing Andy rose.

I’m the same as weeyin, I watch all sorts of football, but MLS just doesn’t work for me for some reason.

Overall he gets to live where he and his family wants to, and gets to play at a decent level at the same time, so good move for him.

You do have the excitement of the Memphis 901 FC expansion team making their debut in the USL Championship next season.

(For readers not intimate with the whole US pyramid, The USL is the 2nd tier of US football).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'd beg to differ.

It's a strange mixture of young college kids (who aren't as good as our good U20s players) and old pros heading for retirement. I love watching football at all levels from non-league to Champions League and I still find MLS the most difficult to enjoy.

Players heading for retirement? Such as 29 year old Giovani Dos Santos, Sebastian Giovinco who's been at Toronto since he was 28, Diego Valeri, Sebastian Blanco, Carlos Vela, Andre Horta etc? All names that could walk into any side bar Celtic perhaps in the SPFL.

You do still get the odd "big name" past his best heading to the league, but the overall level is higher than the stuff we see in the SPFL I think. Maybe not 5 years ago, but definitely now.

Not that such an assessment should be seen as a slight on our league, as the US is a massive place with more money, so it makes sense that they have a product on the up.