The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

1 hour ago, postiejim said:

From a reliable source David ?

I'd say so, yeah. I'm obviously not 100% certain, but the person who told me seems to believe it's pretty much a done deal and will be announced shortly, and they have no reason to lie.

I didn't believe them at first either. I'm not entirely sure I do still! 

53 minutes ago, smiddy said:

how reliable ? your big brothers pals maw, got told by a taxi driver at the station , reliable

or REALLY reliable source ???? just wondering like  :)

Nah, I hear lots of rumours from those types of folk and don't bother with them. This is from someone who should know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I doubt he'll be caring who he's loaned to as long as he's getting his 45 grand a week from Villa.

Central Coast Mariners who he plays for are absolutely shite.

well if he comes here he wont notice the transformation, except the feckin cold pishing rain hahaaha 

18 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Very much doubtful especially as he has started to get a good run of games for them

He started in the 1-1 draw against us, his only start since the 29th September. Never bothered checking sub appearances but I wouldn't call that a good run of games, 1 start in 20.

Going to be a busy month (potentially under the guidance of a new manager if today is as much of a shambles as the previous performances). We desperately need an attacking midfielder and two strikers of quality.  If we had the budget for 4 players, I’d really like to see a proper defensive midelfider brought into the club to screen the defence. And finally, it goes without saying, someone to play on the left!

With Rose and Bowman gone, I’m assuming Sammons loan being cut short, Itll be interesting to see who leaves. Turnbull will be a loss however I think a “smart” agent would get the best deal possible at Motherwell, have him play a full season next year and look to move him on after, with an impressive full campaign under his belt - but it won’t happen. I’m assuming the chocolate teapot forward will be away to and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Main and/or Bigi leave. 

We really need quality over quantity and head into the second half of the season with:

——————- Gillespie

——Aldred———-Hartley——- Dunne

Tait——————McHugh—TBC————-TBC

—————————TBC

—————-TBC—————TBC

Subs:

Fergusson 

Mcguire 

Grimshaw

Livingston

Campbell

Gorrin 

Johnson 

Hastie

Scott

This does neglect Caden and Tanner whom I’ve heard are not returning until April?

Deary me, there’s a lot of work to do! 

39 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Going to be a busy month (potentially under the guidance of a new manager if today is as much of a shambles as the previous performances). We desperately need an attacking midfielder and two strikers of quality.  If we had the budget for 4 players, I’d really like to see a proper defensive midelfider brought into the club to screen the defence. And finally, it goes without saying, someone to play on the left!

With Rose and Bowman gone, I’m assuming Sammons loan being cut short, Itll be interesting to see who leaves. Turnbull will be a loss however I think a “smart” agent would get the best deal possible at Motherwell, have him play a full season next year and look to move him on after, with an impressive full campaign under his belt - but it won’t happen. I’m assuming the chocolate teapot forward will be away to and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Main and/or Bigi leave. 

We really need quality over quantity and head into the second half of the season with:

——————- Gillespie

——Aldred———-Hartley——- Dunne

Tait——————McHugh—TBC————-TBC

—————————TBC

—————-TBC—————TBC

Subs:

Fergusson 

Mcguire 

Grimshaw

Livingston

Campbell

Gorrin 

Johnson 

Hastie

Scott

This does neglect Caden and Tanner whom I’ve heard are not returning until April?

Deary me, there’s a lot of work to do! 

On the ‘smart’ agent point... Whilst, I think it’s incredibly naive to suggest coin is the main factor. Modern players look to develop too if the focus is there. Turnbull has that in abundance. Fanciful notion and a tug on the heartstrings of many “play first team for another year to develop”. Crock of shit. Scottish football is fucking chronic & development is an afterthought to survival. Even at the big two. Flourish at Under 23’s, better facilities, coaching - it’s a different world. More power to him seeing that

• Like 2

I don’t agree. I don’t think anything can compare with playing top league competitive football. 

I agree Scottish football is, mostly, dross however it provides a skill set that will be never be learned playing academy football.

48 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

On the ‘smart’ agent point... Whilst, I think it’s incredibly naive to suggest coin is the main factor. Modern players look to develop too if the focus is there. Turnbull has that in abundance. Fanciful notion and a tug on the heartstrings of many “play first team for another year to develop”. Crock of shit. Scottish football is fucking chronic & development is an afterthought to survival. Even at the big two. Flourish at Under 23’s, better facilities, coaching - it’s a different world. More power to him seeing that

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

He started in the 1-1 draw against us, his only start since the 29th September. Never bothered checking sub appearances but I wouldn't call that a good run of games, 1 start in 20.

He's played in 4 out of the last 6, mostly as a sub.

There are loads of players in Celtic's inflated squad that get much less game time - Hendry, Scott Allan, Benyu, Compper, Gamboa, Kouassi, Mulumbu - so I don't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

McCormack sitting next to borrows there, and as soon as the final whistle went the manager turns round and starts talking to him, no idea what about but he seemed to be pointing something out to him, certainly interesting. 

"Which one of those diddies do you fancy playing up front with?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spiderpig said:

Why do you say that, is there a history between them or are you assuming McCormack is difficult to manage ?

Obviously he's difficult to manage!

Booted out of Ibrox, frozen out by Malpas, banished to the other side of the world by Villa all for the same reason.