Andy_P

The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

His contract is up at the end of the season is it not? Doubt we'd get any hefty compo tbh.

Just now, GazzyB said:

His contract is up at the end of the season is it not? Doubt we'd get any hefty compo tbh.

Is it not 2022? Thought both him and Allan Campbell signed long deals round about the same time 

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Extended until 2020 apparently!

Yep, just checked. Looks like Campbell’s is to 2021 and Robinson to 2020.

46 minutes ago, Kat said:

Stephen Robinson apparently a favourite to get the Luton Town job.

I would imagine a few people would be pretty happy if it happened.

It’s my firm belief that Robinson will be away at the end of the season if not before and I would not be surprised in the slightest if Craigan took over. Call it a hunch!

I’m intrigued to see how Robinson turns the team around this month, both personnel and style of play. However, if Luton come in and offer money for him, we’ve won a watch here. 

Is there any reason to think Luton are interested in Robinson other than some bookie/journalist jumping to a conclusion?

37 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Is there any reason to think Luton are interested in Robinson other than some bookie/journalist jumping to a conclusion?

Believe it or not getting to two cup finals with a fairly unfashionable club will have raised his profile down south. I personally don’t believe he will be going anywhere but as woukd not be hugely surprised if it happened.

• Like 1

Was firmly one to be happy if Robinson walked before in the first 6 months as we had been rank very often but when it mattered he got us to dig deep and I did think if we lost at accies he would be away but I’m happy for him see out the season or contract if we have a good second half and decent cup run. Also quite intrigued to see how he changes our style and the refreshment of the squad as everything looks very exciting at the moment which most would agree with! 

• Like 1

By all accounts Luton have been playing some flash expansive football. If they come and poach our gaffer, their fans are in for a shock!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

By all accounts Luton have been playing some flash expansive football. If they come and poach our gaffer, their fans are in for a shock!

Yep they get rave reviews for the style that Nathan Jones brought.......in fact it was supreme!!!!!! I'll get me coat 

15 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

This.

Luton scored 90odd goals on the way to promotion last season and have taken league 1 by storm. Their fans have become accustomed to a high energy passing game.

whoever they appoint is going to be critical and given that we’re in the window, they’ll want to do it quickly.

I would wager that Robinson will not be appointed. Paul Hurst would be my punt.

Within the Sun’s report on Robinson, they link McManus with a return to Celtic. I recall this being hinted at when Craigan left.

16 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Within the Sun’s report on Robinson, they link McManus with a return to Celtic. I recall this being hinted at when Craigan left.

Who’s the new reserves manager Infact forgot about that?

4 hours ago, Gadgey said:

This.

Luton scored 90odd goals on the way to promotion last season and have taken league 1 by storm. Their fans have become accustomed to a high energy passing game.

That'll be McGhee's job for the asking, then.

Heard rumour that Robinson doesn't rate Turnbull and that Turnbull can't stand him.  I wonder if that is why new contract not signed yet.    Maybe if Robbo goes then chances of keeping Turnbull  improve.    If Robbo goes then I reckon Craggs could be a good shout but it's all hearsay so we will just see what happens...COYW

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Heard rumour that Robinson doesn't rate Turnbull and that Turnbull can't stand him.  I wonder if that is why new contract not signed yet.    Maybe if Robbo goes then chances of keeping Turnbull  improve.    If Robbo goes then I reckon Craggs could be a good shout but it's all hearsay so we will just see what happens...COYW

I mean this is almost definitely nonsense, isn't it?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I mean this is almost definitely nonsense, isn't it?

Perhaps not all of it - heard from a reliable source that Turnbull was stalling on a contract, because he isn't enamored by Robinson's coaching methods/technique/style of play.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I’m going to call total bulls**t on that one.

• Like 1

Scott Mullen saying Robinson is still with the squad in Tenerife and no contact has been made from Luton regarding the job.