The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

7 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't get the chance to watch our reserves/Under 20s so I can only presume you're referring to the likes of Liam Brown?

Nope. Kid is decent, unsure he’ll be here for next season. I’m not sure I understand having Jamie Semple playing a deeper lying role either, but, coaching staff are qualified to do so.

22 hours ago, Gadgey said:

Then what were you doing?

There were 2 ways you could’ve commented on your quick stay check. I would’ve chosen to take heart from the blokes game count.

You interpreted a negative and conveyed it in your usual passive aggressive manner but this time with a hilarious attempt at humour.

so what was the point you were making? Or were just cracking an unfunny?

Your level of outrage over a throwaway joke is utterly tragic.

• Like 1

Changes on the summer for sure with a totally new set of strikers which it’s hard to argue against. Sammon was a mistake from the start for me, Johnstone is not quite good enough for the level, and Main for all his hard work needs a change of club. Hastie is probably as good as gone and it’s guesswork on Cadden, Campbell and Gorrin at the moment. Personally I would stick with McHugh, he showed on Saturday what a usuful player he is to have in the squad. If we can get Ariyibi on a season long loan a big plus and I would love to see Aldred on a permanent contract, seem to remember he mentioned lately he would be open to the suggestion. Biggest plus for me this season though is the change of playing style, is night and day and genuinely entertaining to watch. Whatever  happens I hope we recruit players that work in that system and don’t revert back to hoof ball.

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Personally I would stick with McHugh, he showed on Saturday what a usuful player he is to have in the squad. If we can get Ariyibi on a season long loan a big plus....

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Carl McHugh wants to return south at the end of his contract and that Alan Burrows has quashed any chance of us holding onto Ariyibi.

Edited by Kmcalpin

14 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Hearing a few rumbles that the Hastie Sevco deal is not happening. Fingers crossed folks.

Are they spending their spare cash on buying out Moreles' contract?

(Or maybe just paying his fines) .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Hearing a few rumbles that the Hastie Sevco deal is not happening. Fingers crossed folks.

Maybe they've seen his last couple of performances. Now teams are aware of him, he seems less effective. Still a promising player by no means the finished article...

I’d love to see us keep all of our home grown talent play together for even just 1 season.  That would be something special and something to be proud of.  Turnbull, Campbell, Cadden,  Hastie, Scott, Livingstone, McGuire mixed in with some more experienced players like Tait, Aldred, Dunne etc  and either of our goalies. 

Rangers pull out of race to sign Motherwell kid Jake Hastie
Exclusive by Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer
EXCLUSIVE
Jake Hastie

0 comment

RANGERS have pulled out of the running to sign Jake Hastie after becoming frustrated in their pursuit of the Motherwell forward.
The Light Blues made a move to sign the 20-year-old on a pre-contract deal last month and had agreed a switch to bring the highly-rated wide man to Ibrox at the end of the season.
But Herald Sport understands Rangers will now pursue other options this summer after ending their interest in Hastie as the transfer has dragged on in recent weeks.
Boss Steven Gerrard has not given up hope of retaining the services of Ryan Kent, while a move for Greg Stewart, currently on loan at Aberdeeen, is also under consideration.
Hastie has been attracting interest from several English clubs, including Crystal Palace and Brentford, and also has options in America as he considers his next move.
The winger has quickly risen to prominence since returning from a loan spell at Alloa and Motherwell put a new contract on the table in an attempt to keep him at Fir Park.
The Steelmen are resigned to losing one of their brightest young talents but Hastie, who has scored six goals in the second half of the season, is now unlikely to join the Gers despite seeming set for an Ibrox deal.

That'll be Jake back in with the Happy Clappers.

7 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Carl McHugh wants to return south at the end of his contract and that Alan Burrows has quashed any chance of us holding onto Ariyibi.

Surely Ayiribi has squashed that by being completely ineffective in most games?

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

That'll be Jake back in with the Happy Clappers.

Interesting. Given his last two or three performances I wonder if interest is also dropping off slightly including from Rangers. Certainly looks like he is still weighing up his options, still a chance he stays ?

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Interesting. Given his last two or three performances I wonder if interest is also dropping off slightly including from Rangers. Certainly looks like he is still weighing up his options, still a chance he stays ?

Reckon some interest from down south has maybe caught his attention. Can't see him staying.

1 minute ago, David said:

Reckon some interest from down south has maybe caught his attention. Can't see him staying.

Still unlikely I agree, I would much rather he moved down south than Joining Rangers so would not be too unhappy.

I was told last night that an MLS Club had outbid Rangers and that Rangers were not prepared to match the offer. In fact they were pissed off as they thought a deal had been agreed for Hastie to go to Ibrox. So they stepped away. Good for us if true. They guy has usually been spot on with his Scottish info so I tend to believe him....and it ties in with the comments now out in the press.

He did mention a Club but I was a bit dubious at first given who it was. And then I saw Steelboy's update. But its definitely not to team up with Rose. A much more established team than that.

3 minutes ago, gdalli10 said:

Would we still get compensation if he goes to the MLS?

Good question. And one I hadn't even thought of. 

If true that he's moving to MLS, I'd actually be more disappointed in him than if he signed for Rangers. As unwise as a move to Rangers might have been, it at least indicated a modicum of ambition to achieve something other than simply trouser a load of cash. Obviously MLS is improving but it doesn't feel like a move for career development...

Glad it looks like Hastie is not off the Rangers. Hopefully he has not given up completely on signing up for us, as recent performances suggest that he is far from the finished article and the chance to develop in our first team should be seriously considered. Ido think that anyone who thinks that a move to MLS shows a lack of ambition is living in the past. It isa global game with options now available worldwide. The fact is that America is now an interesting and not unattractive option for any young player who fancies a fresh challenge, and if the money is good, even better.