The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Hes nearly 23...and barely kicked a ball in years...Everton, Spurs and Liverpool are fantasy clubs for him...the story I have is that Lisbon want rid but dont want him going on loan to another Portuguese team again...they also know that nobody will be prepared to pay a fee. Apparently Robinson heads the queue as he done his coaching badges alongside someone on the Lisbon staff...

...if it doesnt come off, dont shoot the messenger.

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Hes nearly 23...and barely kicked a ball in years...Everton, Spurs and Liverpool are fantasy clubs for him...the story I have is that Lisbon want rid but dont want him going on loan to another Portuguese team again...they also know that nobody will be prepared to pay a fee. Apparently Robinson heads the queue as he done his coaching badges alongside someone on the Lisbon staff...

thanks for that man, I know you dont have to justify posts but that certainly sheds a bit of light on why and how for me. Probably not come off after all its us but what a signing that would be

32 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I have no source, but to add some rumour and intrigue to this, i did see Lasley in Figos bar last week.....

(He was with his family however and not Gauld)

Would be a cracking signing tho

37 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

We have as much chance of signing Jack Wilshere. Maybe I am putting the fact he is leaving Arsenal and our imminent announcement of a midfielder together and well u never know........actually you do. 

Jack Wheelchair couldn't handle the Scottish game.....too wee.....not enough stature....

4 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

But we will. It is how we roll.

furthermore it has probably put a wee dampener on the midfielder when he is announced and it is not Ryan Gauld. Not sure it ties in with the stature description used by Robbo. 

If u r right....wow.

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

But we will. It is how we roll.

furthermore it has probably put a wee dampener on the midfielder when he is announced and it is not Ryan Gauld. Not sure it ties in with the stature description used by Robbo. 

If u r right....wow.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.......stature has two meanings, so it doesn’t need to mean BIG. It can mean stature in the game of football i.e. highly regarded.

Going by Flow's tweet from earlier today, and the confirmation of the new sponsor, I reckon we'll be unveiling another new signing and the strips tomorrow.  Whether that's Mr 99.9% or someone else remains to be seen.

As good as it is that we're getting our business done early again, I hope we've left enough room for the inevitable deadline day loan capture, who'll play about three games before disappearing in January.

As it stands, I think we have done some reasonable business so far. I do though, think that we will only have a clearer picture of where the squad is, once we move a few players on, either through them being surplus to requirements or getting sold on for decent money. I still suspect that Bigi and Frear fall into the former category and Carson into the latter.