The League Cup 2018'19 Thread

postiejim

4 hours ago, sinjy said:

It's great how people see things differently.  I thought Rose was excellent last night doing the job in front of the back three that McHugh did last season without being caught in possession  and giving the ball away regularly. 

Its not people seeing it diffrently at all ..... its just some people think its fifa 2018 their watching and they are Alex Ferguson.

But he's right, at least in part.  Mud sticks so easily in football that when the claim is made that we're just long  ball merchants some folk will accept it without a second thought. Like last season we were the dirtiest bastards in the league because Rangers lost to us and spat the dummy backed up by Brendan Rodgers seeing an opportunity to put ideas into referees heads and suddenly you've all and sundry wailing for non-existent fouls and arseholes like Neil Lennon screaming about protecting McGinn against us when the wee dick had spent the full game kicking anyone that moved in claret and amber.
Absolutely  there  are Motherwell fans out there who will genuinely believe our game is hoofball 100% of the time. Heard and seen it repeated often enough that every long ball they see just reinforces what they've come to believe is the case and are now becoming blind to what is actually the case.
Do we utilise the long ball?  Yes we do. Overly so at times when what is actually our primary tactic of getting the ball crossed in from wide areas isn't working.  And when done too often it is unquestionably to our detriment such as Saturday past. But some would have you believe this is our only tactic but that's just not the case.  How did we manage to score our first last night if we're just a long ball side?  That's not entirely uncommon, Cadden did much the same the previous week too.  How did we come to end up we having Frear, who missed however many games, being the player who put most crosses into the box last season if all we do is put long balls up the park? How does Tait seem to get as many assists if all we do is punt long balls?
Now you can certainly question the aesthetics of primarily wanting to get balls into the box from wide areas and you can perfectly justifiably make a claim that a quick tempo possession based style that moves the ball on the ground at speed can offer more entertainment value but If you genuinely believe that the only thing Motherwell offer is hoof-ball then I'd agree you're following a particular flock rather acknowledging we have more than a single way of playing the game.

Excellent post. What I was alluding too earlier but much better articulated!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, stuwell said:

Naw just asking hoping that one of the guys in the US knows if bt is being broadcast this year as last year it wasn’t. 

Nothing listed on the US channels that typically show football - and as far as I know there is no deal in place again this year. Will be an internet stream for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Will do.

If you have an Android phone/tablet you can view on the Mobdro app, but I'll check for streams too.

Getting ahead of myself as I know these streams come and go, but as the game is on BT Sport 2, this link seems to work well.

http://www.time4tv.live/2017/04/bt-sport-2.php

(If it's on a different channel, there is a full list here: http://www.time4tv.live/categories/index.php)

Note: My browsers are loaded up with ad-blockers, script blockers and pop-up blockers so I can't guarantee how safe and clean these are. If you do load up with blockers, you can play around with this site now to get the best settings in advance of the game.

• Thanks 1

A game we should win - and then I remember being put to the sword at Fir Park by a 17 or 18 year old Pat Nevin.

Shawfield was a strange ground to watch football in, but a shame that is another one that fell to the developers' bulldozers. Always enjoyed my trips there.

There's a car park behind our stand, assuming we're in the long stand, opposite the Main Stand.

It's used for both sets of fans though as far as I know. As a consequence of former Clyde regimes battles with former regimes of NLC the car park behind the home stand was made unavailable for Clyde and given over to users of the gym/sports centre thing behind the goals.  The Bully fan in work often spoke of his disgust as they approached the turnstiles to find a completely empty car park save two o three leisure centre users cars.

That much I can tell you. How quickly it disperses? No idea.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

There's a car park behind our stand, assuming we're in the long stand, opposite the Main Stand.

It's used for both sets of fans though as far as I know. As a consequence of former Clyde regimes battles with former regimes of NLC the car park behind the home stand was made unavailable for Clyde and given over to users of the gym/sports centre thing behind the goals.  The Bully fan in work often spoke of his disgust as they approached the turnstiles to find a completely empty car park save two o three leisure centre users cars.

That much I can tell you. How quickly it disperses? No idea.

The car park in front of the home stand is open for football fans now free of charge. They may only open the main stand with Motherwell fans in the left side of the stand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

The car park in front of the home stand is open for football fans now free of charge. They may only open the main stand with Motherwell fans in the left side of the stand

Cheers for the latest Yorky.  The guy in work had spoken of a definite thaw and improvement in the relationship between Clyde and NLC but I hadn't realised that had extended to getting the use the car park once again.

This is from the Clyde site

MATCHDAY INFORMATION

Kick-off: 3pm

Match Sponsor: Betfred

Match Ball Sponsor: Cupa Pizarras

Television: The match is being shown live on BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD. Coverage begins at 2.30pm.

Admission: Season tickets are NOT eligible. Entry prices are; adults £12, concessions £6.

Entry: Clyde supporters should enter via turnstiles D, E and F for entry to the home section of the Main Stand.

Visiting Supporters: Fans of Motherwell should enter via turnstiles A, B and C for entry to the away section of the Main Stand.

Arria Lounge: Access to the lounge (pre-match, half-time and post match) can only be gained by purchasing an online match ticket in advance

Car Parking: Access to the Main Stand car park will be restricted to those with accreditation; players, staff and officials, visiting directors, Silver Arria members, hospitality guests and those with disability parking badges. All other vehicles will be directed to the West Stand car park.

Smoking Area: Open at half-time only, in the designated area at the North end of the Main Stand (South end for away fans).

The Clyde View: Issue 2 of the club's 68-page matchday programme will be on sale, priced at £3.

Teamsheets: Available from the Clyde Office approximately 30 minutes before kick-off and charged at 20p per copy.

Match Mascot: Lucy McKenna, Cumbernauld.

Special Guest: Willie McVie - former Clyde centre half, who played in over 100 matches for The Bully Wee between 1969-75. A full feature on Willie is in the Clyde View and he will be in the Arria Lounge throughout the day.

Flying Start: The draw will take place on the pitch at half-time and the four lucky winners of £1,260 will be announced immediately.