The League Cup 2018'19 Thread

postiejim

16 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

This is from the Clyde site

MATCHDAY INFORMATION

Kick-off: 3pm

Match Sponsor: Betfred

Match Ball Sponsor: Cupa Pizarras

Television: The match is being shown live on BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD. Coverage begins at 2.30pm.

Admission: Season tickets are NOT eligible. Entry prices are; adults £12, concessions £6.

Entry: Clyde supporters should enter via turnstiles D, E and F for entry to the home section of the Main Stand.

Visiting Supporters: Fans of Motherwell should enter via turnstiles A, B and C for entry to the away section of the Main Stand.

Arria Lounge: Access to the lounge (pre-match, half-time and post match) can only be gained by purchasing an online match ticket in advance

Car Parking: Access to the Main Stand car park will be restricted to those with accreditation; players, staff and officials, visiting directors, Silver Arria members, hospitality guests and those with disability parking badges. All other vehicles will be directed to the West Stand car park.

Smoking Area: Open at half-time only, in the designated area at the North end of the Main Stand (South end for away fans).

The Clyde View: Issue 2 of the club's 68-page matchday programme will be on sale, priced at £3.

Teamsheets: Available from the Clyde Office approximately 30 minutes before kick-off and charged at 20p per copy.

Match Mascot: Lucy McKenna, Cumbernauld.

Special Guest: Willie McVie - former Clyde centre half, who played in over 100 matches for The Bully Wee between 1969-75. A full feature on Willie is in the Clyde View and he will be in the Arria Lounge throughout the day.

Flying Start: The draw will take place on the pitch at half-time and the four lucky winners of £1,260 will be announced immediately.

Regarding the parking I attended I think four games last season and each time we parked in the car park in front of the main stand with no problems at all, never saw a single driver being questioned. Maybe it’s changed for this season but they certainly did not direct everyone to behind the west stand.

Do clyde only have permission too open one stand these days as im surprised there only opening one for this,either we won't take as many through as we normally would as the game is on the tele or it could be a bit of a shambles getting in.

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

They redeveloped it, though, didn't they? Which is when Clyde were kicked out.

Or does it still look like this:

Shawfield7.jpg

It's pretty much been left to ruin tbh, most of those barriers remain but have crumbled, the terracing is also quite grassy now as people rarely venture into it somewhat reminiscent of Cathkin Park minus the trees.

10 hours ago, mfc said:

Do clyde only have permission too open one stand these days as im surprised there only opening one for this,either we won't take as many through as we normally would as the game is on the tele or it could be a bit of a shambles getting in.

I’m a bit surprised they are not opening the other stand but as you say they maybe don’t expect a big Motherwell following.

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Part of the best Well side I ever had the pleasure to watch. He's alive and well living in Larkhall.

Millar, McVie and Stephens. (Willie Watson and McLaren) weren't really known for good football. IMHO there have been a lot better teams since then e.g. Lambert, McKinnon, etc.

1 hour ago, wee alphie said:

Millar, McVie and Stephens. (Willie Watson and McLaren) weren't really known for good football. IMHO there have been a lot better teams since then e.g. Lambert, McKinnon, etc.

Ah yes but then add in the likes of Vic Davidson, Peter Marinello, Bobby  Graham and Willie Pettigrew and you have a very well balanced team. 

As far as today's game is concerned win the game then bring on a young lad or two. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Ah yes but then add in the likes of Vic Davidson, Peter Marinello, Bobby  Graham and Willie Pettigrew and you have a very well balanced tream. 

As far as today's game is concerned win the game then bring on a young lad or two. 

What a team we had then , it had everything . Pace,skill,ability ,steel and guile. .only a cheating barsteward 

of a referee stopped us winning a cup.  As far as cheating referees go ,the more things change the more they remain the same.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's funny how Robinson obviously wants shot of Bigi but sticks him on the bench in case we need a goal in a must win.

Youth development is obviously not high on the agenda now.

I find it difficult to knock Robinson for a lot of things however this is one thing that I do find depressing. 

No youngster on the bench at all or last week. 

Seems our ethos is changing. 

I think our ethos at this stage is "win the group with the fittest players we have"

Plus, let's not forget, with guys like Campbell (21), Cadden (22), Gorrin (24), Donnelly (22), Kipré (21), Grimshaw (23) - we're not exactly packing the first team with old pros.

And we have some good youngsters out on loan where they are getting first team starts most weeks.

If it continues into the league, I might get concerned, but I'd be more concerned if we lost out on winning our group because we wanted to give half a dozen 18 year olds a game 2 weeks into the season.

With the pitch playing about 25 on the stimpmeter, I think it's going to be easier playing into the wind.

Hartley shouldn't be playing though. He was out for 7 months and not close to match fit. 

The dry 3G and high bounce mean the long ball approach won't work. We might need to be radical and play some short passes on the deck.