The League Cup 2018'19 Thread

postiejim

Considering we were guaranteed a premiership club as always seem to get them in knockout games .Its  not too bad a bad draw definitely winnable, and a good wee day out hopefully ,as short train journey . Finally will be 3 o’clock on a Saturday so all in all very happy with draw 

• 2 weeks later...

Next up Livingston on Saturday.  We're clearly not good enough right now to play our own game and will have to adapt to play Livi on their plastic pitch.   Does anyone know what kind of team they are; or were last season?  A big performance and result are a must.  No ifs and buts.

I caught a bit of radio scotland yesterday before heading off too our game and they were talking about how bad livingstons plastic pitch is,alan preston was saying it's the worst pitch he's ever seen,next week will be an absolute shit fest.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, Kmcalpin said:

Next up Livingston on Saturday.  We're clearly not good enough right now to play our own game and will have to adapt to play Livi on their plastic pitch.   Does anyone know what kind of team they are; or were last season?  A big performance and result are a must.  No ifs and buts.

They were a tight, high tempo team that had a better balance between going long and playing on the floor than we do but they have a different manager and a few different players since last season when I saw them.

I liked Pittman and Jacobs in midfield but Jacobs seems to have dropped to the bench this season.  Pittman made good runs from midfield into the box but I suspect they will play more defensively this season against Premiership teams.

Have a few players Motherwell fans will know - Jack McMillan, Steven Saunders, Steven Lawless.

Will probably match up with us with a 3-5-2.

43 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I would be surprised if they went £24 for the Cup game.  I would guess between them they'll come up with something around the £15-£20 mark.

You’d like to think so, and im sure that will be what MFC suggest, but the fact it’s not been advertised yet has me wondering...

27 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Livi are pushing for a high price of £20

MFC want it around £12

So I am told

I had guessed it might be something like this delaying an announcement.

MFC are pretty good at trying to look out for the fans like this.

Reckon we’d take a good support through, more so if they go for the £15 area with price.

I’ll probably not go to a league game there at £24 (it’s £16 concession, £10 under 16) but considering going on Saturday.