The League Cup 2018'19 Thread

postiejim

18 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A word of warning to everyone going along to the game today.  Don't expect a classic football match as you'll be disappointed.  Given our direct style of play and the plastic pitch it won't be a classic.  I'm going along to see us progress by almost any means possible.......great goals, refereeing errors, deflections, good luck whatever.  

Sounds like you enjoy a good shitfest ,good job your not in marketing I wouldn't go after your sales pitch . Yes going along hoping for a big improvement ,pitch same for both teams so no excuses please .I hope to see us first of all wanting to win the game more than them the rest should follow 

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Just win Motherwell and we can look forward to happy and positive posts from Ya Bezzer, Milo and Yodo. 

Na,  a horrible defeat with a few injuries thrown in, relegation guaranteed as it was a month into last season, job done and it’s a happy Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Sounds like you enjoy a good shitfest ,good job your not in marketing I wouldn't go after your sales pitch . Yes going along hoping for a big improvement ,pitch same for both teams so no excuses please .I hope to see us first of all wanting to win the game more than them the rest should follow 

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Just win Motherwell and we can look forward to happy and positive posts from Ya Bezzer, Milo and Yodo. 

This is my first post in this thread as far as I’m aware!

Still, don’t let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

Robbo hinted in his presser that due to injuries both Bigi and Gorrin will start. Be interesting to see if this is the case and whether the football on show improves as a result.

Gorrin certainly has potential and can pass a ball for sure, just wonder if the two of them together may be slightly lightweight. 

8 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Well there you go...been calling for johnson to play for ages, now he gets his chance and scores within a half hour....night and day compared to Main and Sammon. Why we persisted is beyond me

It's almost like getting the new players fit and then playing them is a viable strategy.

• Like 2

Better. Actually created chances what with having a winger and a proper striker on the pitch. Livingston looked dangerous in the first 20 minutes or so and Carson had to make a smart save and they had one off the bar. Since the goal though we have mainly been able to nullify them as an attacking team. Probably 1-0 is about right. Important we get the next goal though.