The League Cup 2018'19 Thread

postiejim

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Hartley shouldn't be playing though. He was out for 7 months and not close to match fit.

A lot of apologies coming out for Hartley, yes he was out injured, but was back in training before the end of last season and was even in the cup final squad

if hes not fit, its not because if the injury.

• Like 1

Well at least those who haven't been to the games can now see what I mean about our play. We normally have a shit half so hopefully that will have been it and it will be the team that can play will come out in the 2nd half. Not one game yet we have played the full 90 minutes. I know its only 4 games in to the season but my god we have been truly awful in at least one half of every game.

Absolute and utter shite. Everyone crap. Andy Rose... I've never claimed to be an expert on football be he really is garbage. Slow as shit and looks out of his depth against  a terrible team. Hope Robinson's hairdryer's on full throttle for half time.

That was brutal! No creativity and Zero goal threat. We have a full team out and are second best to everything.

"Pre Season" or not, if we go out of a league cup  group including QOTS,Clyde,Edinburgh City & Stranraer, the managers jacket has to be on a shoogly peg. Thats fucking abysmal.

1 minute ago, DEWELL said:

Absolute and utter shite. Everyone crap. Andy Rose... I've never claimed to be an expert on football be he really is garbage. Slow as shit and looks out of his depth against  a terrible team. Hope Robinson's hairdryer's on full throttle for half time.

Cadden and Campbell have been equally as bad as rose but that’s not getting mentioned

2 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

A lot of apologies coming out for Hartley, yes he was out injured, but was back in training before the end of last season and was even in the cup final squad

if hes not fit, its not because if the injury.

Someone will be along to tell you that you can only get fit by playing in matches despite boxers and track athletes managing to be super fit via training....

Hartley looks like the injury/op is still giving him trouble.

Hartley as in the Cup Final squad for the same reason Psycho was in the cup winning squad. He was in light training before the end of last season and there is no way anybody who can't run for 6 months is going to be magically fit with 4 or 5 weeks training. 

And that's not counting match fitness. Skippy was the master at that - took him until October most seasons to get match fit.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, Gadgey said:

I know I shouldn’t bite, but honestly, how old are you? Are you really this much of a moron or are you much brighter than your post suggest and just a troll ?

The whole “we were by far the poorest team in the second half against Edinburgh” patter sums you up really. Shall we all just forget the 5 goals that were scored in the first half of that game? 

No getting away from today being a cause for frustration. We should’ve comfortably won. However, results like this in this tournament at this time of year are not at all unusual. I will no be shiting my pants yet