2018/19 season tickets

something else

I really wish we had a game this week to get that Cup Final and the ultimate disappointment out of our system.

I'm in two minds whether to renew my season ticket for next season...on the one hand, I know that I'll miss the social side of it, and I'm reluctant to take the kids out of that habit of going every week, but I think next season is going to be a difficult one for the team and I also think the league itself is going to be a poor spectacle, with Celtic nailed on to win the league and Livingston almost certain to go back down. I've had my book for 14 straight seasons, and I think I might benefit from a season away from it.

I'll be renewing mine.  I've never begun any season expecting to win a trophy and this coming season will be no exception.  Celtic  will almost certainly win a treble treble but that will in no way influence my decision to renew. 

Just now, ONeils4oyarder said:

I really wish we had a game this week to get that Cup Final and the ultimate disappointment out of our system.

I'm in two minds whether to renew my season ticket for next season...on the one hand, I know that I'll miss the social side of it, and I'm reluctant to take the kids out of that habit of going every week, but I think next season is going to be a difficult one for the team and I also think the league itself is going to be a poor spectacle, with Celtic nailed on to win the league and Livingston almost certain to go back down. I've had my book for 14 straight seasons, and I think I might benefit from a season away from it.

I totally get what your saying.

This season has sapped a lot of energy from everyone and the way Scottish football is going you can understand fans not investing.

Celtic are gonnae win everything for the next few years and the standard of refereeing certainly had me contemplating not renewing but i like my saturday afternoon at a game.

• Like 1

I have renewed and had every intention of doing so regardless.  

I find it ironic that reaching 2 cup finals is being described as ultimately disappointing or not cited as a legitimate reason to renew or for that matter take out a season ticket if you have not had one before. 

Christ knows what most people on this thread would be saying if we finished like the season before.  No cup runs and just avoiding relegation.

I do understand the point that it is a one horse race and if Celtic do spend up to £10m on one player that gulf is getting bigger each and every year.  I also think this next season will be tougher.  We are no longer a surprise package. A lot will depend on whether Hopkin stays at Livi and Ross Jack at St Mirren.  They are both good managers and will probably get more from these teams than their replacements.  Bold statement but one I believe and suspect their respective teams fans will also.

Rangers will get stronger - even if they apparently have no money and are living on borrowed time.  Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will be similar to this season.  Better than us most probably.  Our season and possible top 6 will depend more on what the likes of Dundee, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone do this summer in terms of squad additions. 

• Andy_P changed the title to 2018/19 season tickets

Surprised to see a few citing Celtics dominance as part of the reason they won't renew. Since when did we care about the top of the table? 

I for one have loved this season in Scottish football. It's been bonkers and entertaining and we have certainly played our part in that. 

Regardless of whats going on elsewhere I'll be going into next season like I do every season  - dreaming of something magic. For that reason alone I'll be renewing. 

I renewed yesterday and got a childs ticket for one of my weans. They are a bit young for it yet but gets their name on the system and reserves a spare seat.

Im in the same boat as a few others. I havent been posted or emailed any season ticket renewal information. No codes, not even a price leaflet. Was there the usual early bird offer? I have no idea.

Now it obviously didnt affect me going and renewing, but how difficult is it to send out a mass email to everyone on the list. The club have upped their game on the social media videos side of things but basic marketing and conventional communications dont seem to have improved any. We really need all the fans we can get, we cant afford to let fans slip away without even trying to engage with them.

• Like 1

If there were issues with the old (multiple, I believe) databases then moving to a new ticketing system won't have solved that yet. It will just mean we have copied the bad info onto the new system. However, over the course of the  season, that should improve as the correct details are entered and we have a single source for the data.

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Agree 100% Stall. 

Also with the excitement over the Cup was the ideal time to get this in peoples faces. 

Did you mention this when you where in? Would be interesting to know if we should have received anything bye now. 

She told me to use my code when i got home to link my account to the kid season ticket. When i said i didnt have a code i could see a frustrated, almost roll eyes look. It was pretty clear that the staff are aware its an issue.

To be fair to her, she was great. Sorted me out, gave me the codes i needed, took payment. But it doesnt really fix the lack of communication issue sadly.

• Like 1

There have been problems with the Ticketmaster website, including a section where after confirming the seat you want you can opt out of receiving “updates from or about Hibernian FC or their partners”. This has now been rectified.

However some seats are still ‘greyed out’ with no price available for that specific seat when checking out. Ticketmaster must get that sorted quickly particularly if people want to take advantage of the early bird pricing which ends on the 8th June.

9 hours ago, CoF said:

Surprised to see a few citing Celtics dominance as part of the reason they won't renew. Since when did we care about the top of the table? 

I for one have loved this season in Scottish football. It's been bonkers and entertaining and we have certainly played our part in that. i

Regardless of whats going on elsewhere I'll be going into next season like I do every season  - dreaming of something magic. For that reason alone I'll be renewing. 

If thats aimed at me, then for clarification, Celtics dominance of the league is only one of the reasons Im thinking about not renewing...none of the reasons are MFCs fault though, which makes me feel guilty about even considering it, but I got to a point towards the tail end of our league campaign where I was going along to matches on 'auto pilot'