Season 2018-19 home and away kit thread

underboyleheating

Right now that all that cup final nonsense is out the way what are we all hoping our new season kits will look like? The kits have already been designed and are due to be released soon, however, here are a few questions that you might want to contemplate.

Do you prefer loose or fitted shirts?

A claret hoop/band or no claret hoop/band? 

What colour are you hoping the away kit will be? White? Claret? Black? Blue? Faux texture?  Retro? 

Do you prefer sponsor free and sponsored replicas?

Polo neck, crew neck or v-neck?

Mainly white, claret or amber shorts?

Plain or hooped socks?  Should we revive our 1920s/30s/50s black socks? We won the 1952 Scottish Cup wearing black socks with C&A trims.

Stitched badges or printed patches?

C&A training gear or do you not really care?

I’ve already posted two home and away mock ups using an existing Macron template. The template is important as we are still with Macron and they use different designs to other manufacturers.

I also have a preference for claret and amber training gear, however, that appears to have fallen by the wayside of late.

2m82ra0.jpgvgiww6.jpg
training.jpg

• Like 1

Love both of the mock ups.

Personally I am a fan of keeping things simple. A claret band is desirable. Claret shorts, always like hooped socks. Mainly white away kit, though the reverse claretwith an amber hoop mock ups have also appealed.

I used to think it would be cool if we went down the route of copying Sampdoria from the eighties and have three kits-  first kit being mainly amber, with a claret and white band, second kit being  mainly white with a claret and amber band and the third kit being mainly claret with an amber and white band. The various elements could be interchanged to meanwe never have a colour clash. Would involve bringing in more white than traditional, 

I like Polo neck or crew neck. Not a big fan of V necks.

Also like fitted shirts 

Prefer sponsor free but sponsors pay for exposure and I get that. Depends who the sponsor is.  Cash Converters not so great.  Motorola and better known brands make us look more professional.  Sadly we do not operate in that market, so little chance of Samsung or major brand choosing our little club.  Although if they knew we would get to 2 cup finals a season that would possibly change !

Stitched badges all the time.  Not sure anyone who would be happier with patches.  Just looks and feels cheap. 

We have had Black/Grey and Denim away /third tops.  I am hoping for a white away top along the lines of your mock up would be great.

I liked this years hooped socks and bought a pair.  I rarely buy socks....

I'll be in the minority, but given kits only have a 12 month lifecycle these days, I wouldn't be averse to a single season without the band/hoop and take inspiration from this year's Southampton kit by harking back to the Patrick strip of the early 80s...

1982%2BMOTHERWELL%2BF.C.%2BPRIMERA.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rinkydink said:

I'll be in the minority, but given kits only have a 12 month lifecycle these days, I wouldn't be averse to a single season without the band/hoop and take inspiration from this year's Southampton kit by harking back to the Patrick strip of the early 80s...

1982%2BMOTHERWELL%2BF.C.%2BPRIMERA.png

Definitely wouldn't mind something a bit different...

4 hours ago, numpty said:

Can we just refer folk back to the previous threads we have about this every other year? I'd wager most people still want the same thing they wanted last time ;) 

Tastes can change due to the amount of different designs being released every year from the various kit manufacturers.  The one thing I would like to see would be a move back to Umbro (we haven’t had them since the mid 80s). However, as PSL are our kit middlemen I’m not entirely sure that is possible. A change of kit supplier can sometimes provide a much needed fresh outlook. It’s well known that I’m a traditionalist when it comes to our kit, although I do have sympathy with any fan who may want a change from our usual claret hoop/band design.  I’m not sure how much influence Flow has on how our kit looks but I’ve always taken him to be a traditionalist especially with the home kit.

8 hours ago, JordanMFC said:

Has there been any further information or rumours as to likely launch date for the 2018/19 kit??

Nothing since Flow announced it would be on sale before the cup final. They will need players to model the kit, however, I suspect they are all off on there break. It could be a while yet unless Flow wants to model it from a fans perspective? :ph34r: 

59 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Nothing since Flow announced it would be on sale before the cup final. They will need players to model the kit, however, I suspect they are all off on there break. It could be a while yet unless Flow wants to model it from a fans perspective? :ph34r: 

Could we not just borrow the dodgy burds that St Mirren used to always use?

2 hours ago, gazzetta19 said:

A mate has sent me this. Not sure if this is the real deal or fake news..any ideas? What do you think of the designs if it turns out these are the actual kits? 

990ACB7F-3B50-492A-A4D8-70E5BBA65CBC.jpeg

Don’t see it myself, the colour merge on the socks and top does not look like something we would go for.

They may well still be our sponsors this season.

The delay to me suggests there has been a hiccup with sponsorship.  This has happened in the past if I recall and means we end up taking what we can get.  Lots of people in companies involved in ratifying a final decision. So always the risk at the last moment someone could pull the plug. That is business I guess. 

Those strips are interesting to say the least. It may be a hoax but a damn good one. Who else has the skills apart from UBH to come out with a trio of strips like that. Like the home and third one - less sure about away one. Of course could well be a hoax. We shall find out soon enough. 

7 hours ago, gazzetta19 said:

A mate has sent me this. Not sure if this is the real deal or fake news..any ideas? What do you think of the designs if it turns out these are the actual kits? 

If you look at the original Instagram post it's made clear in the caption they're "concept" designs. So it'd seem they're just mock-ups rather than anything official.

These are just mock ups similar to what I have done in the past (I did notice them on Twitter). When designing kits for an existing manufacturer it’s best to use one of their recent templates as they do vary from brand to brand.  No point in putting a Macron logo on a Nike template as that would be complete fantasy (unless that is your intention). I’m lead to believe that we are changing shirt sponsor so McEwan Fraser will be no more.

As for these mocks ups there is far too much going on for my tastes. The away is far too Hearts and the home has too much going on design wise.  Stripes, claret sleeves, and a graduated colour. Complete design overload. Also, as far as I’m aware we have no plans to release a third kit. 

• Like 2