Season 2018-19 home and away kit thread

underboyleheating

20 hours ago, beastfromtheeast(stand) said:

:bad:

Yep, it’s horrible, bit like the awful new Nigerian kit. Are we really going back to those awful kits of the 1980s. Simple and classy the way to go.

I like the Hibs kit. We could keep the Well one simple and classy and it would end up resembling the same top every year. How is that going to sell.

I am in London and have seen 3 of the new Nigeria tops worn in one day. Someone told me they produces millions and have sold out. So maybe pish but clubs such as ours need tops to be revenue earners as well as smart looking. 

Just had a look at the Hibs away kit.   Replace the white with amber and green with claret - add hoop - and you’ve a well kit.  

In other Macron offerings a Well version of the paint splatter Ross County main kit could be a potential away kit.  

Claret (or black) replacing blue,  keep white, amber for red   

562998D5-585D-4A7E-804C-F94C3F194D30.jpeg

9 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I like the Hibs kit. We could keep the Well one simple and classy and it would end up resembling the same top every year. How is that going to sell.

I am in London and have seen 3 of the new Nigeria tops worn in one day. Someone told me they produces millions and have sold out. So maybe pish but clubs such as ours need tops to be revenue earners as well as smart looking. 

The top can change in many ways as it has with different designs. I just don’t like adding patterns and prefer blocks of straight colour. They can keep all their paint splatters, blocks, swirls for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Yep, it’s horrible, bit like the awful new Nigerian kit. Are we really going back to those awful kits of the 1980s. Simple and classy the way to go.

Sold out upon release with 3 million pre-orders on the back of a worldwide fashion campaign would suggest you've probably not got the slightest clue about "the way to go"....

screen-shot-2018-06-01-at-10-05-25-15278

Dema017X0AAVNyY.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Al B said:

Sold out upon release with 3 million pre-orders on the back of a worldwide fashion campaign would suggest you've probably not got the slightest clue about "the way to go"....

screen-shot-2018-06-01-at-10-05-25-15278

Dema017X0AAVNyY.jpg

Yep, the 3 million sales was mentioned on tv yesterday. The words “ Worldwide fashion campaign” pretty much sums up you can sell anything if you throw enough money at it.  The sales  are obviously also due in part  to the popularity of the Nigerian team just now, 10,000 supporters at Wembley, they could have pretty much sold anything. The Roma top further up the thread shows a bit of class. But hey personal opinion and if the above makes more money.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

While it's an impressive total, Nigera has a population of around 192 million alone, so even if it was only Nigerians that bought it, that's 1.5% of them. The equivalent of Scotland selling 80,000 in a year we qualified for the world cup.

Just on the Hibs kit, their white and Green Away kit probably clashes with Celtics green and grey hoops more than their home kit, making it completely redundant....

The Ross County has a hint of the Union Jack about the pattern. Not quite as  bad as the fake Rangers one though. (I actually saw a family wearing those yesterday, think they’d maybe been at the walk.)

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The Ross County has a hint of the Union Jack about the pattern. Not quite as  bad as the fake Rangers one though. (I actually saw a family wearing those yesterday, think they’d maybe been at the walk.)

I seen a few out and about, they're lovely.......Blue and white with Red Knuckles!!

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

While it's an impressive total, Nigera has a population of around 192 million alone, so even if it was only Nigerians that bought it, that's 1.5% of them. The equivalent of Scotland selling 80,000 in a year we qualified for the world cup.

The population of Nigeria doesn't have anything to do with why the kit and the range in general has been given editorial space in Esquire, GQ and most of the respected fashion blogs online. They have absolutely hit upon whats current and in demand at the moment, and also realised the potential for selling football merchandise to non-football fans.

Not for a second relating it to us, just pointing out that middle-aged scotsmen on a football forum aren't particularly the go-to focus-group for design that they might think they are.

That Nigeria top is, to use the parlance of our times, straight fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Having worked with many GQ fashionistas in the past, I don't know any of them that would be seen dead in anything as common as a football shirt.

You are so last season, and not in a football sense!

Sportswear is everywhere at the moment.

2 hours ago, Al B said:

They have absolutely hit upon whats current and in demand at the moment, and also realised the potential for selling football merchandise to non-football fans.

If we could guarantee to do that I would happily give up tradition in exchange for money. Nigeria are clearly on to something and I recon we should follow suit. Motherwell fashionista kit could be the next big thing for non-football fans. Who’s the UK’s top fashion designer? Flow should get on the phone to them asap and arrange a design deal, Motherwell are going global.