Season 2018-19 home and away kit thread

underboyleheating

10 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I suspect it’s due to the new sponsor having to be printed on the existing stock. 

Spot on.

Believe me, we want the kit out as quickly as possible, there is no hidden agenda or reason for us to want to hold onto it longer than required! 
The shirts are down at a printers having the logo's professionally applied so we have to allow for a large number of boxes to be couriered there, printed, re-packaged and then couriered back to us - all while not being the only football club requiring their services!

• Like 1

Just now, SCDave said:

Spot on.

Believe me, we want the kit out as quickly as possible, there is no hidden agenda or reason for us to want to hold onto it longer than required! 
The shirts are down at a printers having the logo's professionally applied so we have to allow for a large number of boxes to be couriered there, printed, re-packaged and then couriered back to us - all while not being the only football club requiring their services!

Silly question. Given it's unlikely we'll have a betting company on the kids tops, could they be released earlier or are the back of the shirts sponsors being printed at the same time?

46 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Silly question. Given it's unlikely we'll have a betting company on the kids tops, could they be released earlier or are the back of the shirts sponsors being printed at the same time?

For all we know there may be a JAXX style agreement where the BetPark logo is replaced by a kid friendly sponsor on the junior kit. This will also need to be printed before release.

36 minutes ago, Al B said:

If the sponsor is paying for an advert and then we publish the billboard without the advert on it, i'd imagine they'd be fairly pissed off and claim a chunk of their money back.

No one is suggesting we advertise the kit without a sponsor but surely  we can show one pic of the kit without a sponsor to the fans. All seems like a big drama over nothing.

44 minutes ago, something else said:

Why not just show off the kits without the sponsor ?

The promo images which are shot will also be used on the club shop to sell the replica kit.  They will require the sponsors logo to be on them so it’s better to have it complete with the logo than not. Also the sponsor is paying good money  for the space and they will want their brand showcased wherever possible. 

1 minute ago, something else said:

No one is suggesting we advertise the kit without a sponsor but surely  we can show one pic of the kit without a sponsor to the fans. All seems like a big drama over nothing.

Anytime it's seen in public, it's an advert. That's effectively what shirt sponsorship is, and what the sponsor is paying for.

It's also why we'd have to accept a vastly reduced amount if we wanted to sell a version with no sponsor, and then hope we made up the shortfall in extra sales. No way we'd take that risk.

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

...me? I honestly couldn't give a fuck what they look like

The majority of punters will probably agree with you as they only see it as an functional work uniform for eleven + guys to wear at their day job.  As a kit design fan I always look forward to ours and other kit releases. 

• Like 1

See if everyone in the world was the exact same and had the same likes/dislikes and turn ons it would be a right  boring as fuck place.

I quite like to see a new strip but don’t get overly excited about it. However when I was a kid/teenager (long time ago) I would have been all over Twitter and this site waiting on the release. Not everyone is a middle aged Burberry wearing dude. 

Too many folk on this these days just looking for a reason to moan like fuck at and about other folk. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Too many folk on this these days just looking for a reason to moan like fuck at and about other folk. 

I love those posts. My favourites are usually on a match day when someone announces they are fed up with the team and cannae be arsed going to the game. 

Even though I would class myself as the older generation I still buy one strip per season. Of course it helps if you have a six pack :-) So I look forward to the annual unveiling of the strip even if it is later in the day than anticipated......ahem....

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Don't know why everyone is getting so animated. I'd be amazed if its much different from every other strip we've had of late. We are getting nearly as boring as Celtic with "traditional" tops.

Personally I think Celtic get it absolutely right kit wise, but then i’m very boring.

Just now, Yorkyred said:

Personally I think Celtic get it absolutely right kit wise, but then i’m very boring.

I dont i think they are taking the piss they release virtually  the same top every year and expect fans to pay £45 a pop and the only thing that changes is the collar 9 times outta ten. If they are going to do that they should just stick to the same strip and stop taking the piss out the fans.

• Like 1