New sponsorship deals

underboyleheating

35 minutes ago, Al B said:

Also, I obviously don't know what happened so there's a good chance I could be speaking out of turn, but if a manager not wanting you at a club, not playing you if you stay because you're not deemed good enough and your wages are taking up budget that could be used for a better player, is now being held up as bullying... then football probably isn't the career some people should be choosing.

That part isn't necessarily bullying, as you say... though depending on the specifics, in most jobs it could be grounds for constructive dismissal. Allegedly being told he'll "make things worse for him if he stays" certainly would be.

54 minutes ago, numpty said:

That part isn't necessarily bullying, as you say... though depending on the specifics, in most jobs it could be grounds for constructive dismissal. Allegedly being told he'll "make things worse for him if he stays" certainly would be.

It’s a serious claim and I’m certain the tabloid press will have something to say about it whether it’s true or not.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

That's my point though, "I don't think you're good enough, I'm not planning on playing you and that will only make things worse for you if you stay".

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It depends on how it was said. Was it done in a threatening manner, or was it done in a fatherly well meaning way? The boy seems to think that he was bullied. Unfortunately only him and Robinson will know the true intent of what was allegedly said.

Also, unless he said it later, there was no mention of "I don't think you're good enough, I'm not planning on playing you” You could infer that was what Robinson meant, however, unless either of them say it, it’s just hearsay. The only direct quotes are from the boys twitter feed which are...

Their manager on the video victimised/bullied me for months at Oldham when I was 19, forced me out of the club with a shambles offer by saying he would only make things even worse for me if I stayed. All whilst my dad was in intensive care in hospital. This video is bollocks.”

“My point is, you can’t say one thing but do another, It’s hypocritical.”

Whatever, the truth, it’s overshadowed the meaning behind the video message. which is a great shame.

21 minutes ago, Al B said:

That's my point though, "I don't think you're good enough, I'm not planning on playing you and that will only make things worse for you if you stay".

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

There's a big difference between "that will make things worse for you" and "I will make things worse for you", and it's the latter that's being alleged.

Given that bullying can lead to suicide is this not exactly what the video is saying, speak out about these things.  His perception is that he was bullied so he should speak up. It is uncomfortable that his accusation is against an employee of our club but better to share his feelings than burying them away.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ropy said:

Given that bullying can lead to suicide is this not exactly what the video is saying, speak out about these things.  His perception is that he was bullied so he should speak up. It is uncomfortable that his accusation is against an employee of our club but better to share his feelings than burying them away.

Yep.

Some of the responses to it have been real fuckin bad, like. 

I've no idea if his allegation is true or not, but if you're snapping into it and telling him he's full of shite, you're an arsehole.

55 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Making accusations on social media is a little different from sharing feelings. I'm not sure making potentially libelous statements on a public form is necessarily good therapy.

That can be the problem with social media as it provides people an instant platform to comment without thinking it through. And when a comment is targeted at a person in the public eye it can have far reaching effects for the accused and there employers (and like it or not as the manager of a Scottish Premiership club you are in the public eye). Of course to quote the boy, the allegations may be ‘bollocks’, however, only the people involved can say for certain.

39 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The guy said it was a spur of the moment outburst after seeing the video. Hopefully Oldham are reaching out to him.

It’s never too late to investigate allegations and if Oldham have any shred credibility and compassion they should respond in private with the complainant to listen to his grievances. I believe Robinson should also be approached to share his versions of the events, if nothing else but to clear his name.