Jump to content

underboyleheating

New sponsorship deals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wellfan1984 said:

It's funny seeing people moaning about a betting company sponsorship when our team play in a League and 2 cups, all of which are sponsored by betting companies.  

Not really. One is our own choice that somewhat reflects our club values and will be plastered across all our media and merchandise for a year or two, and one isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually - all our media will show the other 3 too depending on the competition we are in.  Anytime we advertise a league game - Ladbrokes will be mentioned.   If we win a Cup or advertise said cup our players/misc photos will have the bookies name front and centre. 

News item on the fishal proves this regarding league cup prices.  

As for Club values.  Don't see North Lanarkshire Council  raising funds for sponsorship.  

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some pedantic people on here...not that long ago we nearly lost this club forever now we have people turning their noses up at legal companies willing to plough a good bit of money into the club to secure our future, unbelievable snobbery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Actually - all our media will show the other 3 too depending on the competition we are in.  Anytime we advertise a league game - Ladbrokes will be mentioned.   If we win a Cup or advertise said cup our players/misc photos will have the bookies name front and centre. 

News item on the fishal proves this regarding league cup prices.  

As for Club values.  Don't see North Lanarkshire Council  raising funds for sponsorship.  

 

 

All true, and none of it contradicting what I said. Some sponsors are our choice, some are foisted upon us. Of those we can choose, there are some we'd never go near, many we're happy to live with because of the money they're offering, and probably a handful whose hands we'd bite off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect this falls into the category of happy with the size of the sponsorship deal. 888 would have been a bit of a PR coup even as a betting company as they are quite well known and sponsor Sky Sports news if I recall. 

Bet Park is a strange one. Very difficult to find anything out about them if you Google their name. I see no online site that you could actually gamble on if you wanted too. I have a bet on average once a month and would happily give my custom to a Motherwell sponsor than say Bet365 or SkyBet if the their is nothing in the odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve no issue with the club going for the best financial offer if we’ve done our due diligence. Given their lack of presence online however, I’m not sure how sponsorship of a provincial Scottish club benefits Bet Park...

Shame we had to cut ties with McEwan Fraser, I thought they served us well and done all they could to support the community ethos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On that note, I wonder if they'll still be sponsoring the South Stand. Or if it'll be all change again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’ve no issue with the club going for the best financial offer if we’ve done our due diligence. Given their lack of presence online however, I’m not sure how sponsorship of a provincial Scottish club benefits Bet Park...

Shame we had to cut ties with McEwan Fraser, I thought they served us well and done all they could to support the community ethos. 

Not being pedantic, just being a curious exile....what did McEwan Fraser do to support the community ethos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Mcewan fraser still sponsor Dundees new kit, which makes me wonder if the decision to have a new sponsor was down to them pulling out, or bet Park just out bidding them. Would be quite interesting to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

I see Mcewan fraser still sponsor Dundees new kit, which makes me wonder if the decision to have a new sponsor was down to them pulling out, or bet Park just out bidding them. Would be quite interesting to know. 

Or the fact they sponsor quite a few teams in Scotland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Or the fact they sponsor quite a few teams in Scotland 

Yeah I was thinking that was an option as well if they pulled out to focus on the other teams they sponsor or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

I see Mcewan fraser still sponsor Dundees new kit, which makes me wonder if the decision to have a new sponsor was down to them pulling out, or bet Park just out bidding them. Would be quite interesting to know. 

BetPark didn't outbid anybody...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Or the fact they sponsor quite a few teams in Scotland 

I am sure they pay different rates to the different teams but you have to imagine that Motherwell represented the best bang for their buck last season. 2 National cup semi finals and 2 show piece finals. I doubt there is a premium paid if we reach those games. Just included in annual sponsorship. 

I suspect it was more down to us having a more lucrative offer than that of McEwan Fraser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've already had Betpark's name on the back of our strips so I don't see much of a difference between taking their money before and taking it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who is more technically adept can cut and paste the tweet / message from McEwan Fraser. It is clear they wanted to stay on as principal sponsors and again after the coverage they got you can understand why - but a nice touch all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the impression when McEwan Fraser came in as sponsors that we were struggling to get a main sponsor and they were all we could get, accepting lower than what we were probably hoping for. If that was the case then it's not surprising if we have looked for a bit more cash this time round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 11:45 AM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Someone who is more technically adept can cut and paste the tweet / message from McEwan Fraser. It is clear they wanted to stay on as principal sponsors and again after the coverage they got you can understand why - but a nice touch all the same. 

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see our continuation of the Suicide Prevention awareness sponsorship. However, it’s been soured a tad by footballer Danny Byrnes having a dig at Robinson for bullying him while he was at Oldham on the Twitter feed. He labelled the video as bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Good to see our continuation of the Suicide Prevention awareness sponsorship. However, it’s been soured a tad by footballer Danny Byrnes having a dig at Robinson for bullying him while he was at Oldham on the Twitter feed. He labelled the video as bollocks.

Completely agree about the suicide prevention message as too many lives, especially young ones,  are destroyed by it.   I have no idea of the merits or otherwise of Danny Byrne's gripe but it should not be with MFC or with the video, which is trying to do good.  By doing what he has done he is overshadowing the underlying message of the video, which is a real shame.  If he has a grievance then he should take it up with his former employers, Oldham Athletic .   He may have a genuine grievance and he may not, but this was not the correct way to handle it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I obviously don't know what happened so there's a good chance I could be speaking out of turn, but if a manager not wanting you at a club, not playing you if you stay because you're not deemed good enough and your wages are taking up budget that could be used for a better player, is now being held up as bullying... then football probably isn't the career some people should be choosing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×