2018/19 Fixtures

Toxteth O'Grady

Class start to the season buzzing. Maybe naive but I would rather exciting games like these than perceived 'easier games'.

Hibs away is a belter to start. Not sure what our allocation will be but I reckon we could get close to 2k through for this with it being first game of the season.

Does anyone know why there's no fixtures on 18 August (a mere 3 Saturdays into the season), 8 September, 14 October and 17 November?  Very much a stop start programme.  International breaks??

League cup for 18 aug presume others for internationsls

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Does anyone know why there's no fixtures on 18 August (a mere 3 Saturdays into the season), 8 September, 14 October and 17 November?  Very much a stop start programme.  International breaks??

Sep, Oct and Nov is for the international break, combination of friendlies and the nations league. There will be another one in March as qualifying for Euro 2020 gets underway.

As for Aug, I believe the first knock out phase of the league cup will be that weekend. 

There was a wee FAQ style article released in the aftermath of the fixture announcement by the SPFL which attempts to explain some of the thinking behind the scheduling. Not particularly in depth but interesting enough and worth a look on the SPFL website.

One question was exactly the one posed here about 18th August and it seemingly stems from a UEFA fixture change which rendered the originally earmarked midweek unavailable for the League Cup ties.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone understand why Barry Maguire and Liam Brown are suspended for the first game of the season, date incurred 23rd March but suspension reapplied due to age restrictions.

is it U20 suspensions that now apply to the first team as they are older?

• 4 months later...