Pre season Friendlies

supermarv

No Carson either in the squad. Assume he has been given more time off also.

Wanted to go to Belfast as never been, but the planned March and associated hotel costs were the deal breaker. £160 per night for Premier Inn in Belfast v £55 for Darlington PI. So a gang of us heading to Darlington next week.  Our Euro tour so to speak. 

13 minutes ago, CoF said:

53 mins gone. 0-0.

If we can't put 6 or 7 past them in the next 40 minutes I think we're in for a long, hard season. 

53 minutes into our 1st pre season game and first negative comment :-) 

Not sure what you base that comment on. Perhaps it was losing to Gateshead and some other English non league outfit pre-season last year before going on to get to 2 cup finals and almost top 6.  

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Game vs Crusaders today, few young lads starting with a great opportunity, but no Cadds maybe because he was on international duty but the recent speculation may have played a part...

Robinson said at the start of pre-season the players on international duty would be put on a different training schedule. So I doubt recent speculation has played a part.

59 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

No Carson either in the squad. Assume he has been given more time off also.

Wanted to go to Belfast as never been, but the planned March and associated hotel costs were the deal breaker. £160 per night for Premier Inn in Belfast v £55 for Darlington PI. So a gang of us heading to Darlington next week.  Our Euro tour so to speak. 

The team is in Belfast , Carson will be away for a walk with his dad.

• Haha 1

Carson’s wife is due to calf, suggests nothing amiss.

Curious as to how a planned march can form part of an excuse for someone wishing to attend?  You would never travel across the water if that was the case.

Parade, as contentious as this one seems to be year on year, was taking place at the same time as the match & held in an area far from the stadium & doesn’t traverse the city centre...

53 minutes into our 1st pre season game and first negative comment :-) 
Not sure what you base that comment on. Perhaps it was losing to Gateshead and some other English non league outfit pre-season last year before going on to get to 2 cup finals and almost top 6.  
Think you missed the humour in CoF's post but I can understand why given the prediliction of some on here

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Think you missed the humour in CoF's post but I can understand why given the prediliction of some on here emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Reading it back I think I did just that. Won’t be long before they start however. I will count to ten...

Anyway we won and our new striker got his debut goal. A good work out.