SPFL - Doncaster getting his p45?

yorkshireclaret

On 7/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, well_said said:

2=  The prize money division ( I know the club's voted on this ) and our club shamelessly voted for this.

:lol:

All set up to serve celtic... Which the other clubs all voted for, to help celtic.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, well_said said:

2=  The prize money division ( I know the club's voted on this ) and our club shamelessly voted for this.

Are you sure?  I was always under the impression that it was only Aberdeen who torpedoed change. 

As far as the prize money is concerned, we definitely voted in favour of the change - even though we were in our phase of finishing best of the rest.

I recall the club making a statement along the lines of it was likely to benefit us in the long term even if we took at hit when we finished 2nd. 

I thought everyone but Celtic agreed to the adjustment to the league position monies. 

Aberdeen scuppered the efforts to change the rule that meant two "No" votes resulted in no change. In effect when the OF were both in the top league, by voting together they could fight off any proposal that weakened their position. With Rangers gone, it seemed likely that the number of votes required to deny change would be increased (as Celtic would be on their own) thus making it a fairer position when Rangers inevitably returned to the top flight. Aberdeen stated publically that they would support Celtic in not supporting any such change and at that stage the whole thing was dropped without a vote taking place. A chance well and truely missed. 

10 hours ago, dennyc said:

I thought everyone but Celtic agreed to the adjustment to the league position monies. 

Aberdeen scuppered the efforts to change the rule that meant two "No" votes resulted in no change. In effect when the OF were both in the top league, by voting together they could fight off any proposal that weakened their position. With Rangers gone, it seemed likely that the number of votes required to deny change would be increased (as Celtic would be on their own) thus making it a fairer position when Rangers inevitably returned to the top flight. Aberdeen stated publically that they would support Celtic in not supporting any such change and at that stage the whole thing was dropped without a vote taking place. A chance well and truely missed. 

Apologies Aberdeen and Celtic scuppered the change to league money distribution and voting rights.  Aberdeen blocked change on the basis that they thought they'd finish second but as we all know we pipped them to it that season. 

I thought the change to the distribution of monies did take place for that one season. By finishing second we actually received less than we would have had under the usual distribution rules. We played fair with the other teams and it was us that made the biggest sacrifice. Celtic refused to reduce the winners’ share. Maybe Aberdeen refused a more permanent change but the monies were adjusted from second down. And that Included where Aberdeen ended up. 

Finally found the details I was thinking of regarding  share out % of League monies.This was agreed by all Clubs other than Celtic who insisted on receiving their full payment as guaranteed League winners. It was a one season only arrangement but it did happen and Aberdeen were party go it.

Permanent changes to share out and voting were not voted upon as Aberdeen indicated they would side with Celtic to provide the required number of “no” votes to block such changes. As you say, presumably because they were looking to finish second for a good number of years.

League position at end of Season 2012/13 % of 2012/13Net Commercial Revenues

1. 17.0% (was 17% last year)

2. 10.5% (was 15% last year)

3. 9.5% ( was 9.5% last year)

4. 9.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

5. 8.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

6. 8.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

7. 7.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

8. 7.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

9. 6.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

10. 6.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

11. 5.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

12. 5.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

That’s my understanding anyway. Apologies if it’s bollocks.

• Thanks 1